MSuperLooper feature request: start/stop button

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wait, there ARE any DAWs, that do NOT have play/stop????
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The interest in stop/start control (usually all loops, but perhaps individual as an option) is so that the daw transport can continue running. It could be a common situation in which other recorded audio outside of MSL is wanted to continue.

For example one may want to perform a 'break' (while non MSL audio keeps going) - stop the audio, perform live for a variable amount of time, and upon command, restart the loops all beginning at their start points, regardless of the time taken during the break (though typically the break would be in bars or beats). This way for example if the loops are 4 bars, one performs a break taking 3 bars, then when the loops come back they all start at their start. If one were to use only the 'play' button (actually a mute) then the loops would be heard starting on their 4th bar instead.

I linked to a preset I made with an MP that performs this function earlier in this thread. Here it is again for convenience:
viewtopic.php?f=138&t=558468&p=7990173

As @ericzang said.

MSuperLooper could essentially be Ableton Live's Session View in a plugin. But missing things like this are stopping it.

Ok, added to todo list.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

I am currently trialing MSuperLooper and was very surprised to not find a Stop/Pause button which I can use. I use Cantabile as my live vst host which doesn't have the normal transport controls except for it's own media.
I totally agree for a need to have this control within the plugin. In the meantime I will check out the "break" MP and see if I can get it working.

We are at the end of 2023 and the play/stop function has still not been implemented in MSL. Please Melda Production, when do you plan to add it ? In the meantime, I continue to use Loopback in MainStage. Best regards

Basically when you are in non synced mode, you can use the "follow host playback" option together with existing Custom Play function to achieve stop/play immediately. Is this functionality not enough? In Synced mode, you are "binded" to your host, so it is not possible.

But I do understand, that you wanna use MSL in "non DAWs" without controls or to stop just MSL (not to stop other instruments, or recordings in the same DAW etc ). In such case, new functionality (if enabled) should have higher priority than "follow host playback" option.

It can probably work in non immediate mode by default (at checkpoints), or can be immediate - this would require one more parameter. And it has to have ON/OFF switch to enable/disable this functionality completely, as many people are used to use DAW controls and this cannot disturb current users habbits.

I am thinking of this as an extension of existing "Custom play" function, as it is not sufficient for some users currently. It can work in both MSL modes (synced and non synced) if enabled and it can have checkpoint or immediate impact on playing / recording, it can work probably no matter the follow host playback option is set, as master MSL Stop/Play.

Let me know your thoughts, we can implement something like this soon, but I want to be sure we make it right.

Thanks for your response, Martin. In fact, I actually want to use msuperlooper as a loop pedal like a Boss RC, in MainStage or Gig Performer (I have both) for live session with my group. My goal is to send loops to music played live by other musicians (and me) with msuperlooper and a MIDI foot controller.

Hello pierrebruynooghe,

I have added to the latest beta 16.11b the extended functionality of "Custom Play" function. Now, if you enable "Custom Play" in non-synced mode, it will follow for the playback to the global "Play" parameter (Play button in the top right corner). If "Play" is enabled (green), playback in MSL is enabled no matter what is your Host doing. If you disable "Play" parameter playback in MSL is stopped. Previously the Play parameter was not working in all cases, now it should. Please test and let me know if such play/stop feature is enough.

We can add similar funcionality to Synced mode as well, but in Synced mode it is more tricky, as it is more binded to the host playback state. But if host is playing, we can use the same "Play" parameter to stop/start playback in synced mode - it is for discussion, if this helps someone.

martin-meldaproduction wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:19 am Hello pierrebruynooghe,

I have added to the latest beta 16.11b the extended functionality of "Custom Play" function. Now, if you enable "Custom Play" in non-synced mode, it will follow for the playback to the global "Play" parameter (Play button in the top right corner). If "Play" is enabled (green), playback in MSL is enabled no matter what is your Host doing. If you disable "Play" parameter playback in MSL is stopped. Previously the Play parameter was not working in all cases, now it should. Please test and let me know if such play/stop feature is enough.

We can add similar funcionality to Synced mode as well, but in Synced mode it is more tricky, as it is more binded to the host playback state. But if host is playing, we can use the same "Play" parameter to stop/start playback in synced mode - it is for discussion, if this helps someone.
Hi I'm new user works great, Thanks for adding this, nice to see this being an active product. Anyway to additional have the option to restart the loops on play resume with the custom play. this would be non-synced etc but enable similar usage to hardware looper where play can be stopped without losing the loop and then restarted from beginning immediately when desired.

Return to “MeldaProduction”