RESOLVED : Melda Plugins Not Recognised in any of my DAWs since 15.02

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Since I updated to 15.02, Melda plugins are no longer recognised in Bitwig 4, Cubase 11, or Reaper 6. - All 64 bit versions on Win 10 64 bit.

I uninstalled completely, and deleted any remaining Melda folders (using Everything to find them), and went back to 15.01 (when they were last working). But installing 15.01 did not resolve the issues. I then installed the VST versions, and they are also unrecognised.

Reaper Plugin Search and missing Monitoring FX:

Bitwig Plugin Errors:

Example Bitwig Plugin Error Report:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\MeldaProduction\Dynamics\MAutoVolume.vst3

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Not a plug-in file
-------------------------------------------------------------------

C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\MeldaProduction\Dynamics\MCompressor.vst3

com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Not a plug-in file
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I won't post the Cubase screenshots, but the plugins are missing from plugin manager.

The VSTs are located in the same place as my other plugins, and they are scanned the first time I run a DAW, but they are not usable. All my other plugins are working as expected.

-----

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking it could possibly be a permission thing, but nothing has changed on my system recently.

Incidentally, and probably (hopefully) not related. I replaced my audio interface a few weeks ago (a Sapphire Pro40 for a Scarlett 18i20), prior to upgrading to 15.02 - If anything, my system is running much better since ditching the old FW card and drivers : ) - and I really can't imagine that this would be the cause of the problem, but open to logical arguments about that... Like I said though, all other plugins and audio softwares are fine, it's just the Melda plugs that are MIA.

Cheers
Rob
Last edited by neverbeeninariot on Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Working as normal here w11 reaper 6.49

It looks like your files got corrupted somehow. Try running the installer again and select Quick-cleanup to get rid of old files. If that doesn't work, download the installer again. Maybe the download got corrupted.

The windows versions work find for me in REAPER 6.49 and Bitwig 4.1

Held wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:01 pm It looks like your files got corrupted somehow. Try running the installer again and select Quick-cleanup to get rid of old files. If that doesn't work, download the installer again. Maybe the download got corrupted.

The windows versions work find for me in REAPER 6.49 and Bitwig 4.1
I did a full uninstall, and wiped all traces of Melda from the file system, downloaded and installed 15.01 to make sure it wasn't an issue with 15.02. Same problem persists.

Weird. Your best bet is probably getting in touch with support https://www.meldaproduction.com/about/contact

So... a bit of a weird one.

Following on from Held's suggestion that there might be a corrupted file (although I think he was referring to the VSTs or installers), it got me thinking that there might be a problem with a system file so...

PS C:\> 'dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' <download the repair files>
PS C:\> 'sfc /scannow' <do the actual repairs...>

... which did find corruption with one system file which was succesfully replaced.

Reinstalled Melda - fail, not scanable by Bitwig, ignored by Reaper... <sad face>

Back to the drawing board - I uninstalled again and cleaned up the file-system remnants.

Then, I had a bit of a hunch (25 years working in IT, it was a quite a hunchy-hunch...). I downloaded the latest VC redistributables from Microsoft, all of them, from 2005 to 2015 (2015 installer is compatable up to VC 2022).

I uninstalled all the VC redists on my system, then reinstalled from the latest installers. Reboot...

Reinstalled Melda 15.02 and... it all works! <happy face>

The Melda installer includes the 2013 VC redists for both x86 and x64 (for interest, that currently is v12.0.30501, while the latest version from MS that I manually installed is v12.0.40664), but multiple versions can co-exists on a system so no issue there, but I'm not 100% sure what went wrong with these libs, Best guess is that one was not correctly installed (or potentially corrupted), and a clean reinstall of all of them fixed the problem.

Anyways... Hopefully of interest to someone, should you stumble across this in the future.

Cheers
Rob

Great detective work. I would have never guessed to reinstall the VC redists. I'm happy it's working again for you :)

Held wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:00 pm Great detective work. I would have never guessed to reinstall the VC redists. I'm happy it's working again for you :)
a) probably luck mostly :D I don't think that reinstalling the redists did anything, to be honest - but I do think that uninstalling the VC 2013 redist that Melda installed worked because it allowed it to reinstalled cleanly. My best guess is that something went wrong during the upgrade (not Melda's fault I should add, seems like other folks are running 15.02 quite happily), and that left a partially installed/partially borked VC 2013 lib.

and b), you're not as happy as I am :D

Oh well, the damn redistributables... I think it's possible that you uninstalled some other plugins, that removed them (being a bug) - Waves are known to do that, they probably think they are the only plugin company out there :D. Or maybe, "if you remove use, you won't be able to do music anymore" :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm Oh well, the damn redistributables... I think it's possible that you uninstalled some other plugins, that removed them (being a bug) - Waves are known to do that, they probably think they are the only plugin company out there :D. Or maybe, "if you remove use, you won't be able to do music anymore" :D
Waves? No thanks. :D

I don't remember uninstalling anything else to be honest - not a biggie though, still making music (though some folks might disagree with my definition) :D

I just bought MDrummer and had the same issue in Reaper. Glad I found this thread. The solution was indeed to reinstall all four versions of VC redist on my PC, but reinstalling just the VC 2013 (86) & 64 might have done it.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:40 pm
MeldaProduction wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:36 pm Oh well, the damn redistributables... I think it's possible that you uninstalled some other plugins, that removed them (being a bug) - Waves are known to do that, they probably think they are the only plugin company out there :D. Or maybe, "if you remove use, you won't be able to do music anymore" :D
Waves? No thanks. :D

I don't remember uninstalling anything else to be honest - not a biggie though, still making music (though some folks might disagree with my definition) :D
If you feel it, it's music. Forget others' opinions about it.

One thing I noticed about jiu jitsu, when I was doing it, was that it 'had no music'. That goes against my above definition. I think my definition is right which implies that even things with no sound can be musical. This is undoubtedly true: sometimes it's a look, sometimes a vibe. For me though, if I'm going to work with something, I want to hear sound as well. So I guess music is inside the sound, in a sense.

Just wanted to say thanks to neverbeeninariot - I installed the Melda fx bundle for the first time and Cubase 10 couldn't see them. Uninstalled them entirely with Revo. New download and new installation still no luck. Never a problem installing 3rd party plugins before. Uninstalled and re-installed for the third time still nothing. Then read neverbeeninariot's post. I'm not so tech savvy but when I checked on the net I saw you can repair the VC redistributables easily which I did and it solved another problem that I've been working around for two years. I have a Nektar Panorama T6 keyboard that has daw controllers. The daw control packed up in May 2020. Steinberg were at a loss, Nektar had no idea why and suggested I re-install Cubase. The keyboard played but no daw. I just used the keyboard. After repairing the VC redists I have daw control again. I've also successfully re-installed the Melda plugins - so thank you neverbeeninariot.

Ok, so I have just reuploaded the installer, since apparently when it detected that the redistributables have been installed, it didn't install them again and seems like that is the problem. It was there as an optimization, but apparently, it is not a good idea at all... So please give it a few minutes, redownload and try again. After that the redistributables should be in:

C:\Program Files\MeldaProduction\Audio Plugins 16
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Thank you very much for this post! I had this same issue. Reaper initially scanned all my Melda plugins with no problems. However, no Melda plugs showed up in Reapers FX list. I first uninstalled all Melda plugins. Then, I had (2) 2013 VC redist. that I uninstalled from add/remove programs. Installed the latest VC 2013 (v12.0.40664) from microsoft and then re-installed Melda plugs. All the plugins re-appeared in reaper FX list :)

Return to “MeldaProduction”