Bitwig 4.3 announced 'space and tone' - a new reverb and delay...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

''The next update is on its way! Bitwig Studio 4.3 brings space and tone with two new devices — Convolution and Delay+ — as well as some upgrades to our existing synths. Watch the teaser video or head to our website to learn more.''

https://www.bitwig.com/whats-new/?utm_s ... 2c471df6c5

Personally I am not bothering with this one (again, I skipped 4.2) I don't need new fx as the main new features...but nice to have 'lower down' the list. I can't help but feel the updates are getting less interesting and with less content...

Roll on Bitwig 4.4!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Not updating either until MIDI comping is a thing in Bitwig.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

I agree. I think it's lame having new devices as the headlining feature. I'm still on 3.3 though so I might update but I've been using Reaper more and more lately so I'm not really in any rush.

It is not a major update - these small regular updates most people into Bitwig seem to prefer - I definitely do..

I like it! Way to go Bitwig.

Looking forward to the new delay.

Cool if you already have an active plan, but not inspiring mew to buy one...
The Convo reverb they added doesn't seem to have a lot of that 'thinking out of the box' bigwig magic, seems a little vanilla (my open up in the Grid I guess). The Live one is actually more interesting and feature rich IMHO but still, a good reverb was necessary in Bitwig to make all the included pre-sets sound better!

I just wish there was more interesting DAW stuff with this, it seems like it should be further down the list!

Space (reverb/delay) and tone?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:21 pm Cool if you already have an active plan, but not inspiring mew to buy one...
The Convo reverb they added doesn't seem to have a lot of that 'thinking out of the box' bigwig magic, seems a little vanilla (my open up in the Grid I guess). The Live one is actually more interesting and feature rich IMHO but still, a good reverb was necessary in Bitwig to make all the included pre-sets sound better!

I just wish there was more interesting DAW stuff with this, it seems like it should be further down the list!

4.0 or 4.1 were more natural points to renew a plan for sure. I might not upgrade for a delay/verb, but there are other improvements as well.

I like that keep making incremental updates.

Actually after watching Polarity's stream, I'm dying to update now. Feels like there's so much I'm missing out on being on 3.3

They found a way to sell plugins via a DAW… :clap:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:29 pm They found a way to sell plugins via a DAW… :clap:
Err.... no. They are just improving the offering of plug ins they have in their DAW.

Bitwig a mule of a daw! But actually I prefer the concept of third parties providing plugins. That is why the vst concept was so great.
artie fichelle sounds natural

_leras wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:15 pm
SLiC wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:21 pm Cool if you already have an active plan, but not inspiring mew to buy one...

4.0 or 4.1 were more natural points to renew a plan for sure. I might not upgrade for a delay/verb, but there are other improvements as well.

Yeh, I will no doubt end up updating just for the small workflow improvements....but this isnt a 'must have' for me, just a nice to have... maybe I'll jump back in after its launched, but I could easily wait for the next one without feeling like I am missing anything vital being on 4.2.

nice addition, no reverse audio effect ?,let say I want ot reverse a kick during a live set.

_leras wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:15 pm 4.0 or 4.1 were more natural points to renew a plan for sure. I might not upgrade for a delay/verb, but there are other improvements as well.

I use the Bitwig Instruments including the Grid a lot so this has plenty of useful new stuff for me. The filter improvements are solid. Updated envelopes, and the Convolution and Delay+ sound excellent. Really cool to just drag any audio into the Convolution device!

And that is a solid overall changelog for just 3 months since 4.2

_leras wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:36 pm
liquidsound wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:29 pm They found a way to sell plugins via a DAW… :clap:
Err.... no. They are just improving the offering of plug ins they have in their DAW.
How about a Midi Comping plugin? :hihi:
Or MIDI Capture, Audio to MIDI, Groove Pool, Pianoroll Scales, MSEG (not my priority really), Slicing in the Sample (that's a real improvement...) etc.

I'm quite convinced that a substantial number of Live users (like me) would lean toward a more committed use of BW for most of their work.

BW is not on my front burner but it could be if the "Improving" efforts would spread on the DAW workflow as well.

Convolution though, is a WELCOMED addition :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Bitwig”