Hive 2 Help

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.
So I got Osc1 and its Sub routed to Filter 1, then I add the 2nd Oscillator but since I already have the necessary low frequencies from the first Osc I want to filter out the bottom end of the 2nd Oscillator, and so I use filter 2 for it.
Ok, now I would like to route both of the oscillators to a 3rd filter for further manipulation, how do I do that?

There is no third filter in Hive 2. The closest you get to that is Hive's EQ effect, which applies to both oscillators but is more basic. If you'd like that sort of routing flexibility (and more) then use Zebra2.

Alternatively, you may be able to use.uhm scripting to create a high passed version of whatever you were using in osc 2 and route it to filter 1. After that, you could do the series filter trick mentioned in the manual to manipulate both signals with filter 2.
i can't really make music

Passante wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:39 pm Hi.
So I got Osc1 and its Sub routed to Filter 1, then I add the 2nd Oscillator but since I already have the necessary low frequencies from the first Osc I want to filter out the bottom end of the 2nd Oscillator, and so I use filter 2 for it.
Ok, now I would like to route both of the oscillators to a 3rd filter for further manipulation, how do I do that?
Maybe turn it around.

Use Filter 2 as your main filter, and route Osc1/Sub1 into it.

Send Osc2 to Filter 1 in highpass mode, then route Filter 1 into Filter 2.

Code: Select all

OSC1 ----------\
                \
SUB1 ------------+--> VCF2
                /
OSC2 -> VCF1---/

Yeah that would seem the most logical thing to do.
Or I was thinking to use Osc2/Sub as my main oscillator and Osc1 as a layer, however if I wanna mantain a left to right work order your solution would be more logical.
Thank you very much Mr. Urs

Ok, so I tried to get used to this method but just couldn't do it, I was getting lost constantly. Now I switched to the Izmo theme and finally things make sense to me. I'm so glad this option was offered, I feel a direction now, I'm more oriented.

Return to “u-he”