Cherry Audio Releases MINIVERSE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Miniverse

Let me explain, colors, textures choice, realism, shading, reflections......These are all design details. I am referring to that, not so much whether the plugin looks good in 4K, which I am sure they all look fine in that regard

k, ima chime in also with: its all sharp as a tack for me too.

I'm completely on board with the knobs having little dots exactly like the original hardware, keeping it real, rather than big lines on the knobs like the other version.

This Minimode recreates the original better than the arturia for me. Turn on, play, fiddle, fun. Less crap tacked on. FEELS more authentic.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiniMoog had touch sensitivy?

wwjd wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 4:36 am MiniMoog had touch sensitivy?
No, but it wasn't 16 voice polyphonic either. It's a weird omission for a modern soft-synth.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As always, it's personal choice, but I would take 16 authentic minis, over a mono voiced one with touch sensitivity any day.

Can we stick to the standard terms, since yamaha (on some products) call velocity 'touch sensitivity' but other companies use it for aftertouch, it's such an ambiguous term and I have no idea if you're saying it lacks velocity or aftertouch support.

'touch sensitivity' and 'aftertouch' are different things.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:04 pm
Synth Master Jedi wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:25 pm
It looks like a Minimoog to me, and on all of the other Cherry synths that I have, the GUI can be re-sized to be very large, while still being crisp and sharp.
That's just the problem, it's not crisp and sharp. It's not about whether it looks like a MiniMoog or not but the quality of the graphics.

Take for example the knobs. Compare the CA version:

CA Knob.png

To The Legend's knob:

Legend Knob.png

Notice the difference in clarity. It like comparing standard definition TV to Hi Def. That's what I mean by quality. You can see it much better if you observe the two synths side by side.

CA added the "Focus" feature for such a simple synth which tells even they know it's a fuzzy GUI.

If you ever get around to trying the CA plugin check out the giant hunk of wood right in the middle of the GUI. It may be Moog like but it's utterly useless.

Anyway I just expressed my opinion that the GUI quality is C- at best. I realize it's a $39 plugin.....and it looks like a $39 plugin.

The GUI wouldn't keep me from buying it if I was looking for yet another MiniMoog but it certainly doesn't inspire me to buy it due to the 2005-ish quality GUI. *In my opinion*.
Honestly the only difference I see is one knob has bigger numbers and a shinier cap. I have most of the CA synths after buying SynthStack 2. They are good. Not the best, but good. I enjoy using them and the price adds to that enjoyment. I remember when another company released a multi-synth package. The various synths all had a sameness to the sound, like using the same coding for osc's and filters. CA synths are not like this though they don't really compete with the better $200 each synths.
All I need to be happy is one more VSTi.

Rabid wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:59 pm Honestly the only difference I see is one knob has bigger numbers and a shinier cap.
Well then you should make an appointment with your eye doctor immediately. :hihi:

No but seriously if you view the GUIs of the two side by side then the difference in quality is quite obvious to me.

Like I said before the CA synths are always priced low so maybe one of the ways they achieve that is not to worry much about the quality of their GUIs.

Again the CA GUIs wouldn't prevent me from buying more if I like the sound but the GUIs certainly don't inspire me to buy them.

For example even though I don't really need another 303 clone I love D-16's Phoscyon 2 GUI so much it makes me want to buy it just for that....and knowing it will sound great as most D-16 plugins do helps. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Vortifex wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:43 am no touch sensitivity on a polyphonic synth seems like an unnecessary limitation.
What do you mean with "touch sensitivity"? Operation on touchscreens?

And how is that a weird omission?

chk071 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:38 pm
Vortifex wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:43 am no touch sensitivity on a polyphonic synth seems like an unnecessary limitation.
What do you mean with "touch sensitivity"? Operation on touchscreens?

And how is that a weird omission?
He means velocity

Ah...

Well, that would be a weird omission indeed then.

I read that post and immediately opened up the demo thinking "oh come on now that's ridiculous, no one would release a synth in 2022 that doesn't respond to velo...."

Holy smokes he's right I can't see a way to assign velocity to anything. :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”