Please Welcome Our Brand New Plug-In: Blue Cat's Connector!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Connector

ghettosynth wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:45 am Any thoughts on linux support?
It is currently not in the plans (although we have a dev linux box at the office!), but it should run fine thru WINE.

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:56 am We are glad to announce Blue Cat's Connector, the virtual cable for your virtual studio!

Connector is a universal connection plug-in that can stream audio and MIDI in real time, between any locations that can load plug-ins, even on different machines connected to a network. It lets you create your own routings "in the box", without any extra cable, and with minimal latency!

Check it out!

[official announcement]
Oh man! Is this only 64 bit?

I'd love to be able to use one daw to notate midi instantly back into another daw.

arkmabat wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:37 am Oh man! Is this only 64 bit?
64-bit only on Mac (Thank you Apple), but still 32-bit and 64-bit on Windows.

I will definitely demo this tomorrow. Very curious on how well this integrates; it could easily change my workflow.

Heads up! A new preview of Connector 1.1 is available to existing Connector owners!

What's new in Connector 1.1 preview:
- Windows ASIO Slave driver preview for Connector: install the driver and use it in any ASIO-compatible app to stream audio to and from it directly from the Connector plug-in.
- Added a MIDI activity meter for send and receive.
- Fixed loud sample value that could happen randomly upon first receive.
- Fixed unexpected 1 sample latency upon reception.

Enjoy!

Question for an odd use scenario. Could I use this to route from a USB Interface bidirectional audio to a Dante network? I’m picturing running Logic or some app that can host Connector, sending audio from Dante to USB and then back to Dante.

Connector's protocol is not compatible with Dante, but you could imagine using Connector to send audio from one app that uses the USB interface to another one using the Dante interface to make the connection between the two. You may want to try the demo and see if it can work for you.

Thank you very much for the response, will give that a shot.

I want to route the synths of Logic Pro X into Ableton. I am using the IAC driver in OSX for the midi, and just the blue audio connector for the audio. The audio is coming in fine, but the midi is not in sync when I playback or record.
In Bitwig I can set the external instrument to listen to the audio from Logic and determine the offset latency. The midi will always sound in sync when i do that and the audio I record from BC Connector will be synchronized as well.

How can I do that in Ableton Live? There is three ways to offset sync, track delay, external instrument delay setting and driver error compensation in the settings menu.

Did anyone get Ableton Live to play back MIDI to another DAW's softsynths being routed back through BC connector to sound in sync with the Audio from within Ableton Live?

Edit: To simplify my question in one sentence. How do I get Logic Pro X synths piped through the audio of BC connector to stay in sync with the audio of Ableton Live when midi sequenced?

Mantras wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:00 am I want to route the synths of Logic Pro X into Ableton. I am using the IAC driver in OSX for the midi, and just the blue audio connector for the audio. The audio is coming in fine, but the midi is not in sync when I playback or record.
In Bitwig I can set the external instrument to listen to the audio from Logic and determine the offset latency. The midi will always sound in sync when i do that and the audio I record from BC Connector will be synchronized as well.

How can I do that in Ableton Live? There is three ways to offset sync, track delay, external instrument delay setting and driver error compensation in the settings menu.

Did anyone get Ableton Live to play back MIDI to another DAW's softsynths being routed back through BC connector to sound in sync with the Audio from within Ableton Live?

Edit: To simplify my question in one sentence. How do I get Logic Pro X synths piped through the audio of BC connector to stay in sync with the audio of Ableton Live when midi sequenced?
I guess the easiest way is to add a delay on other tracks, or use a plug-in that reports a "fake" latency on the receiving track so that Live does the compensation by itself (you can do that with the demo of Plug'n Script: there is a latency reporting script that will work even in demo mode). Of course you would have to adjust the latency manually as it depends on the apps, their own buffer sizes and the connection between them.

this is amazing
2 scenarios:
1) i want to send audio to and from windows xp in a VMWARE
2) i want to send audio to and from Mac OS 9 in SHEEPSHAVER

how to?

Well, the issue is that Connector is not compatible with these two antique operating systems, so I am afraid it will not help you.

Just an FYI for people, I was able with the latest version of Connector to get MainStage talking to other DAWs like Live and DP. :)

machinesworking wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:59 am Just an FYI for people, I was able with the latest version of Connector to get MainStage talking to other DAWs like Live and DP. :)
Nice! Anything particular we should know about it to set things up?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”