MSEG recording?!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

While making some pads in Z2, i thought of how much easier it would be to have an MSEG record function inside the Synth.
Instead of drawing and clicking the MSEGs curves it would feel so much more natural
to actually modulate long evolving things without getting distracted and even limited by thinking -> clicking a lot.

Just as, that when activating a record function, input from a moved knob gets recorded to an MSEG (and automatically adding that modulation to the matrix) as long as the record is active, or key release or anything, just like DAW automation.
Of course only to the limit of the MSEG.

I wouldn’t even have to be accurate, or creating the actual MSEG at all, maybe just a loosely interpolated representation to manually draw the recorded time-data visually above it in the MSEG editor (at its settings before recording). That way one could easily recreate the real-time evolvement back without setting up the MSEG before, or afterwards. Before is a pretty bad idea i always feel, because it restricts you to thinking about time first, and will not let you „explore“ the modulation in real time.
And afterwards is just not as accurate.

Somehow this may be analogue thinking??!?

We actually have a funky algorithm which vectorizes arbitrary sample data to smooth wave/envelope data. We currently use it to convert waveforms scribbled with mouse/tablet into editable spline-based curves. Recording such data from knob movement or MIDI would be something that isn't too far off. Not sure if/when there's time to give it a try.

😎 Cool.

Return to “u-he”