Korg Wavestate and Opsix for Win/Mac

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I updated every Korg synth yesterday and they all updated fine, Logic/Mac here.

I ran into one small thing that was curious though.

When I was checking the Odyssey, I opened the plugin in Logic and I went into settings to see if there was a re-size feature yet, and there wasn't, but I saw that the Master Tune was set to 450.

Is that really the default for that synth, or is it just some settings on my machine or previous setting on my setup?

I checked some of their other synths and they were all set to 440.

What Master Tune is your Odyssey set to? If it's 440, then I know that it was just my settings, maybe some previous setting carried over, though I don't recall using the Odyssey too much in the past.

If yours is set to 450, then isn't that strange?

I would have thought you'd be able to use The Force to make it retune properly?

Mine is 440

440 here also.

Ok, thanks for those replies.

I guess that I can now conclude that the issue was on my end and I must've changed it a while back when I was last messing with that synth some months ago.

Why is it not possible to create subfolders in the user folder to organise saved presets? It's going to get very messy if there's no way to do this

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:09 pm Why is it not possible to create subfolders in the user folder to organise saved presets? It's going to get very messy if there's no way to do this
Are you asking about wavestate native, opsix native, or the Odyssey?
Dan Phillips
Manager of Product Development, Korg R&D

danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:37 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:09 pm Why is it not possible to create subfolders in the user folder to organise saved presets? It's going to get very messy if there's no way to do this
Sorry OPSix, been making a lot of my own patches but also bought a third party bank but found I can’t put them in their own sub folders to keep them separate from each other

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:15 pm
danatkorg wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:37 pm
Sorry OPSix, been making a lot of my own patches but also bought a third party bank but found I can’t put them in their own sub folders to keep them separate from each other
OK. In wavestate native, you could use Collections, for instance. I'd recommend making a suggestion here: https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
Dan Phillips

Unless I'm mistaken, in wavestate it seems that MIDI learn is only available for the Mod Knobs at the top of the UI. Is that correct? I know you can assign CC settings to whichever controls, but I was just wondering about MIDI learn.

Examigan wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 11:43 pm Unless I'm mistaken, in wavestate it seems that MIDI learn is only available for the Mod Knobs at the top of the UI. Is that correct? I know you can assign CC settings to whichever controls, but I was just wondering about MIDI learn.
The latest version of the manual has more information on MIDI Learn: https://storage.korg.com/korgms/support ... e_OM_E.pdf

MIDI Learn to directly control knobs (and edit sounds) is available for the 40 Mod Knobs (8 Perf + 8 each per Layers A-D).

MIDI Learn can also be used for CC assignments as modulators. From the new info in the manual:

Using MIDI Learn to assign CCs as modulation sources

CCs can also be used as modulation sources for any modulatable parameter, and you can use MIDI Learn to assign them. To do so:

1. Route a MIDI controller to wavestate native.
2. Click on the desired destination parameter.
Provided that it is modulatable, its name will appear at the top of the Mod Inspector. 3. In the Mod Inspector, click on the “+” button.
A new modulation routing will appear.
4. Right-click/control-click (MacOS) on one of the Source selectors.
A contextual menu will appear.
5. Select MIDI Learn from the contextual menu.
6. On the MIDI controller, move a knob, wheel, slider, etc. to generate a CC.
The source will be set to the CC. Note that there are two sets of CC modulators, CC+ and CC +/-. When using MIDI Learn, the CC + version is assigned.
7. Set the Intensity as desired.
Dan Phillips

Thanks for the info! :)

danatkorg wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 pm
One other thing I forgot to mention:
When you adjust a control that is setup to target (E.g.) the filter cutoff (see screenshot below) or it is being modulated by an LFO or something else, the indicator is very small on the outer edge of the control itself. The visual feedback you get is a tiny dot that moves around. I wish that could be made a bit brighter and/or larger, etc.

control.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does anyone use OPSIX in Bitwig ? - doesn't run properly for me at all.. hangs and locks up and graphics go really laggy but works fine in Ableton on the same laptop.
Wavestate seems to run fine for me in Bitwig..

pizzatime wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:27 pm Does anyone use OPSIX in Bitwig ? - doesn't run properly for me at all.. hangs and locks up and graphics go really laggy but works fine in Ableton on the same laptop.
Wavestate seems to run fine for me in Bitwig..
Do you have a laptop with both onboard video and a separate GPU that you can choose from?
I've found that if I force Ableton to use the Intel graphics the GUI runs fine but it's unusable if Ableton is using the Nvidia GPU.
Opsix still uses ridiculous amounts of CPU even when it's doing nothing but at least the GUI works.

Return to “Instruments”