SynthMaster & SynthMaster Player v2.9.16 update: New skin + bug fixes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 1+2 Bundle SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster 2 iOS SynthMaster Everything Bundle SynthMaster Player

digitalboytn wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:28 am VST3 standalone version...

It seemed to be working OK in Reaper...

Thanks for everything...appreciated...
Try to download the full setup from the user area, in case you downloaded the update setup before my hotfix :)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hello,
I have updated to Synthmaster 2 version 2.9.13. Now my Cubase 12 projects, which were created with the VST3 version before, no longer find Synthmaster.

However, creating new tracks with version 2.9.13 is still possible.

My OS is Windows 11.

maximoog wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:14 am Hello,
I have updated to Synthmaster 2 version 2.9.13. Now my Cubase 12 projects, which were created with the VST3 version before, no longer find Synthmaster.

However, creating new tracks with version 2.9.13 is still possible.

My OS is Windows 11.
If I remember well, the first betas of Synthmaster 2 VST3 used a different ID from the VST2, so it was changed afterwards to get backwards compatibility with projects created with the VST2. Maybe you were using the VST3 from one of those betas with the incorrect ID? If that is the case, the only solution would be replacing the sounds with the current version.

maximoog wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:14 am Hello,
Hi,

Could you possibly send me your project file? I need to debug this use case.
Works at KV331 Audio

Sahul wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:31 am If I remember well, the first betas of Synthmaster 2 VST3 used a different ID from the VST2, so it was changed afterwards to get backwards compatibility with projects created with the VST2. Maybe you were using the VST3 from one of those betas with the incorrect ID? If that is the case, the only solution would be replacing the sounds with the current version.
That could be the reason!
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:35 am
LeVzi wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 am One thing i'd really like for Synthmaster and SM One, is a download manager.
If you turned on "check for updates" it already checks for updates once a day, and if there is an update downloads the update setup (not full setup) automatically. This is already an automated process so I didn't feel the need to write code for a separate download manager :)
Id better check, not sure that's enabled tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

.13 crashes consistantly every time I switch FX focus (non-floated, ie embedded in the FX windows) in reaper, .12 didn't :(

(edit: vst2 version, vst3 doesn't crash, but I don't like using vst3s)

NikkiA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 pm .13 crashes consistantly every time I switch FX focus (non-floated, ie embedded in the FX windows) in reaper, .12 didn't :(

Please check for updates and download the update again (rev 12647)
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:42 pm
NikkiA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 7:41 pm .13 crashes consistantly every time I switch FX focus (non-floated, ie embedded in the FX windows) in reaper, .12 didn't :(

I think I must be doing something wrong, I get 12642 every time

Seems my browser was caching the update file for some reason. Deleted cache and got 12647

Hi ! I'm suffering a deep issue which drives me crazy since yesterday that I even dreamt about it.

I got these melody lines in FL 20 with synthmaster player that works perfectly but when it comes to wav/MP3 export it adds a buzz/clip/idk on the melody.

I checked that with other vsts which do not have this problem and the issue isn't due to a single preser it's all of em.

Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or if I have to update or whatever.

Ty for your attention hope this will be fixed soon

NikkiA wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 pm
kv331 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:42 pm

I think I must be doing something wrong, I get 12642 every time

Seems my browser was caching the update file for some reason. Deleted cache and got 12647
For some reason I can't get 12647 here even after deleting cache as suggested. Keep getting 12642. Am getting missing waveforms on some presets as well. Cubase 11 Pro here. Windows 10 x64 :shrug:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

JizzUs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:12 pm Hi ! I'm suffering a deep issue which drives me crazy since yesterday that I even dreamt about it.

I got these melody lines in FL 20 with synthmaster player that works perfectly but when it comes to wav/MP3 export it adds a buzz/clip/idk on the melody.

I checked that with other vsts which do not have this problem and the issue isn't due to a single preser it's all of em.

What sample rate are you using for your project and your audio interface?

Have you tried any other rates?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:47 pm
JizzUs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:12 pm Hi ! I'm suffering a deep issue which drives me crazy since yesterday that I even dreamt about it.

What sample rate are you using for your project and your audio interface?

Have you tried any other rates?
[ERRATUM] :
I just found that FL had another window into that plugin settings mode. I just went to troubleshooting and in compatibility I enabled "Use fixed size buffers" and choose the option "Use maximum buffer size from host" and that's it, sounds clear as water now💧

First of all Ty for answering that fast and second of all where can you find the sample rate of SynthMaster Player ?
I have the bit size in may daw plug-in settings which allows me to swap between 32 and 64bits. Both aren't solving the problem so I'm guessing that's not what you were talking about.

My DAW is at 44100Hz, do you know what is the native rate of SM player ?

JizzUs wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:19 pm
My DAW is at 44100Hz, do you know what is the native rate of SM player ?[/i]
Plug-ins run at the sample rate that the host (DAW) is set at. So the answer is 44100Hz if that is what your DAW is set to.

Glad that you figured out what was causing your issue.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I am looking into this right now. There's a specific hanging/missed notes issue with FLStudio for the VST3 version (since FL is one of those hosts that use variable buffer size), maybe that's related to your issue. Just fixed that one, expect a new update for SynthMaster One, SynthMaster 2 and SynthMaster Player next week!
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “Instruments”