Who makes your favorite Analog Emulations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:08 am and 1 plugin from Waves.
Do tell...

SSL EV2.

I use is specifically for the preamp modeling. It’s an all around excellent model. Sorta a shame it’s from Waves.

I would be using Brainworx exclusively if they had modeled the preamp.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

My vote goes for Acustica Audio. I still need to try Fuse Audio Labs product i've heard good stuff for their products

jamcat wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 6:06 am SSL EV2.

I use is specifically for the preamp modeling. It’s an all around excellent model. Sorta a shame it’s from Waves.

I would be using Brainworx exclusively if they had modeled the preamp.
Scheps 73 and EMI TG1234 are very good Waves products. Don’t own SSL EV2.

cantaloupe wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:07 am I also like Goodhertz, despite not making exact emulations. They tend to nail the pathos of analog (whatever that means).
Haha, great description! I feel like Goodhertz really captures the "unreliable narrator" aspect of analog gear in a controllable way. :wink:

Softube.

Softube... But in the end all out there can do the job. With the quality today many users should make sure to focus on the ease of use and not just sound-only. Many top producers still use more than a decade old Waves plugins and yet most of us in these communities are splitting hair over yet-another-eq... Acustica makes great sounding plugins but I still wonder why anyone want to go that direction with so many issues including CPU power. I can understand it if it's mastering, but there's simply too many good low-cpu options out there which can still make you win an Oscar for best sound production ;)

Waves, Softube, IK, OVERLOUD, PA, Nembrini, Eventide
Say NO to CLAP!

Algorithmic: UAD, Sknote, Tone Projects,and Korneff Audio has been impressing me a lot lately. Oh, can't forget Bootsy either

Dynamic Convolution/sample based: IK Multimedia, Acustica Audio, specifically the Tim Petherick and Cupwise libraries
I

TAL and Synapse
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

What makes softube good? Never tried any of their stuff. Plugin Alliance I figure I can get cheap buying the individually.

I'd add Kush audio - not emulations of specific classic hardware, but in the character of analog devices they're in the top list without a doubt.

I don't really like PA stuff overall, having tried most of it, and still having lots of it (uninstalled). That said, Lindell Audio is the best of the bunch when it comes to sounding and behaving "analog".

wuworld wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:35 pm What makes softube good? Never tried any of their stuff. Plugin Alliance I figure I can get cheap buying the individually.
You gotta try their stuff out and see for yourself. Start with their Juno-106, the free 'saturation knob' plugin, Tape Echoes.... their modular system is not very fun to use, but man does it *sound* good.

If I made a matrix of overall delivery, including price, customer experience, all the small stuff (release notes, versioning, installation), support (including upgrades), but more importantly sound, and usability: Fuse Audio Labs and Audiority both deliver on every measure. I haven't tried every vendor, but have quite a few, and in my opinion those two stand above.

The most analog emulations in the portfolio (that I like) has Softube. Unfortunately, they are sometimes very expensive when they are not on sale.

Return to “Effects”