Reason 12 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Next update will finish all of the missing hi-res stuff. No idea when it’ll be out, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:21 pm Next update will finish all of the missing hi-res stuff. No idea when it’ll be out, though.
All? Like for example MIDI notes & automation? Because it's not just transport and toolbar.

I'd love that to be the case.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:23 pm
EnochLight wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:21 pm Next update will finish all of the missing hi-res stuff. No idea when it’ll be out, though.
All? Like for example MIDI notes & automation? Because it's not just transport and toolbar.

I'd love that to be the case.
All. According to the product manager.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

rollback my previous statement, the sequencer is brilliant (although still don't like the PR of it )
pattern selectors + blocks + block offset + lanes together makes it super comfy (+ automations in the main layer), that concludes my new current statement :D

ps. btw I've put the device/mixer/sequncer f5/6/7 buttons to the mouse Image extra + middle buttons using single monitor [think]
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

antic604 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:10 am
aMUSEd wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:01 am
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:24 pm ah! found this:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7506966
This solved it finally

https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... what-s-up-
Yeah, that's another of their unfinished ideas. I wonder that the plan was for this additional content? So far they've only used it once for v10 and that's it... It brings so much confusion to new users! They should simply include those loop & drum "supplies" in Reason sound banks and make Radical Piano + those 3 romplers normal REs that you load like everything else :dog:
Yeah would make sense. A lot quicker. Looking at what they said in the link about uninstalling them on Windows Explorer and then launching Reason and reinstalling the content and then restarting Reason. In this day and age, all this should be doable within Reason and not have to relaunch the software either. Really does my head in having to keep relaunching Reason like when you've installed a new vst or changed theme. Should be able to scan the vst folder within Reason (vst's have been in Reason since 9.5, that's 4 years ago) and we still have to restart Reason to apply them. Same with themes. Should be apply-able within Reason, no restart. Makes it such a clunky old fashioned daw when quick streamlined functionality such as those are still absent.

Also, additionally (hopefully added with this Smart Browser update that's coming but doubtful) there should be a section somewhere in the browser where newly installed vst's are located for quick access after installing. This is a handy function in Reaper and how it works in that is they stay there for 24hrs.

Reason Studios run a 33% off sale at the moment: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... &sort=name

Pretty good prices.

That makes the Update to R12 about the same as it was before the price hike... which would be kinda okay if it was a substantial update. Which - full eight months after it first appeared - it imo still isn't.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:09 pm That makes the Update to R12 about the same as it was before the price hike...
That's what I thought and immediately lost interest. Silly money.

Grum.

Reason is probably the DAW I've been most productive in over the past 20 years, both for sound design and song making. I did upgrade to R12 at launch, but it still feels like a premature half-baked product not quite ready for primetime. I know they're toiling away rewriting much of its core to future proof it for better plugin and platform compatibility, GPU acceleration and high DPI scaling; It's just taking far longer than I thought it would. If I'd known this ahead of time I would have waited until v12.5 to upgrade.

I would demo R12, but I don't want to pay $1 for that. :lol:

are there any racks etc. which you would recommend in the sale?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I re-installed 11 Intro and immediately I was making a new song. It really is a fun and creative daw with lots going for it. There’s really nothing else like it. Pitty Propellerhead is a goner and RS are a gang of money hungry corporate androids.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 pm Pitty Propellerhead is a goner and RS are a gang of money hungry corporate androids.
One thing is for sure: If I was a money hungry corporate android, I wouldn't be in this business. And, I surely wouldn't be with Reason Studios either.

But, hey, I really don't want to disturb the cozy rebel atmosphere. ;)

chk071 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:04 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 pm Pitty Propellerhead is a goner and RS are a gang of money hungry corporate androids.
One thing is for sure: If I was a money hungry corporate android, I wouldn't be in this business. And, I surely wouldn't be with Reason Studios either.

But, hey, I really don't want to disturb the cozy rebel atmosphere. ;)
Please tell us more about your imaginary business dealings and how they compare to RS’s profits.

On a musician's forum full of people who know shit about these kind of things? Oh please. ;)

Well, newsflash for you: Reason Studios is not the multi billion corporation you may think it is. But, sure, they're full of money hungry corporate androids, if your narrow view commands that.
Last edited by chk071 on Mon May 16, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”