Examples of 'cutting edge' dance/electronic music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
kritikon
KVRAF
6320 posts since 24 May, 2002 from Tutukaka, New Zealand

Post Sat May 14, 2022 7:51 pm

https://youtu.be/adCU2rQyDeY

Doesn't get more cutting edge than that. I mean, anyone who can rhyme teeth with Keith in a song is a f'in genius IMO. I want to learn how to do that dance... :clap:

vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 am

kritikon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:51 pm https://youtu.be/adCU2rQyDeY

Doesn't get more cutting edge than that. I mean, anyone who can rhyme teeth with Keith in a song is a f'in genius IMO. I want to learn how to do that dance... :clap:
nice to see the stig out and about, since top gear ended
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

melomood
KVRAF
8899 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Sun May 15, 2022 5:55 am

If you don't like it,that means they're not dancing for you and could probably give a f**k all what you think of their good time
It's a long,hard road we must travel with our heavy loads

BONES
GRRRRRRR!
13613 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Sun May 15, 2022 8:59 pm

vurt wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 amnice to see the stig out and about, since top gear ended
What? Has Top Gear been cancelled? I stopped watching it after Matt LeBlanc left but I don't think anyone is showing it in Australia any more. Matt and Chris Harris had a great rapport but Paddy McGuiness is a fucktard.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

ghettosynth
KVRAF
13883 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Sun May 15, 2022 9:12 pm

BONES wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:59 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 amnice to see the stig out and about, since top gear ended
What? Has Top Gear been cancelled? I stopped watching it after Matt LeBlanc left but I don't think anyone is showing it in Australia any more. Matt and Chris Harris had a great rapport but Paddy McGuiness is a fucktard.
Yeah mate, the ending was a bit hilarious TBH, Jeremy being a knob. IIRC the BBC tried to bring it back but, as expected, it was very lame without the stars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo85xMi8imY

Debutante
KVRAF
3264 posts since 16 Jan, 2005 from Ottawa, Ontario

Post Sun May 15, 2022 9:31 pm

Kox Box - The Great Unknown unbelievable from 1999
...starting with he titular track #3. This album made me a full time technohead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcR6UxaqT2Y

AnX
Banned
10805 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Sun May 15, 2022 9:37 pm

kritikon wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:51 pm https://youtu.be/adCU2rQyDeY

Yeah, that was my favourite of the night, some classic lyrics

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Sun May 15, 2022 10:56 pm

ghettosynth wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:12 pmYeah mate, the ending was a bit hilarious TBH, Jeremy being a knob. IIRC the BBC tried to bring it back but, as expected, it was very lame without the stars.
I just checked and it's definitely still going. I lost interest in it a long tine ago, long before Clarkson, May and Hammond left but the last series' ratings were as good as when they were still on, so they'll keep making it.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, Thorn, Odyssey, Equator, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

Unaspected
KVRAF
2875 posts since 4 May, 2012

Post Sun May 15, 2022 10:59 pm

ghettosynth
KVRAF
13883 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Sun May 15, 2022 11:10 pm

BONES wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:56 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:12 pmYeah mate, the ending was a bit hilarious TBH, Jeremy being a knob. IIRC the BBC tried to bring it back but, as expected, it was very lame without the stars.
I just checked and it's definitely still going. I lost interest in it a long tine ago, long before Clarkson, May and Hammond left but the last series' ratings were as good as when they were still on, so they'll keep making it.
Ah, well, it's lost it's momentum in the U.S. It hasn't shown up on any of my subscription feeds. I checked too and it seems that there were some changes in 2018. Also, it seems the audience has, um, shifted a bit.
There were a few pasted-on challenges: a rally race against “Stig’s dad”, a bizarre bit where they sat in each other’s laps and made crotch jokes. But mostly the going was leisurely – and rather soothing.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2021/03/ ... ane-suits/

The Grand Tour wasn't as good, but it was still funny enough to watch.

highkoo
KVRAF
4308 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Mon May 16, 2022 1:36 pm

BONES wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:36 pm just to give you a clue
Charming as ever.
ImageImageImageImage

vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon May 16, 2022 1:40 pm

BONES wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:59 pm
tbh i have no clue?
i just know the original team left, and figured the stig must be well old by now and not match fit for tear arseing round a circuit.

and i know they tried to bring it back with the tosser chris evans (ginger one not captain america) and him from friends. but i believe no one watched it?
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

BONES
GRRRRRRR!

Post Mon May 16, 2022 3:14 pm

WIth Chris Harris on board, they can afford to retire The Stig. The joke's a bit old now, anyway. The season with Chris Evans and about 8 other presenters was truly awful but once they trimmed it back to three, it got good again. But with Paddy and Freddie Flintoff picking on Chris Harris constantly, it's gone from good natured banter to outright bullying. You wouldn't let your kids watch it now.

kritikon
KVRAF

Post Mon May 16, 2022 3:22 pm

I used to quite like Freddie, but what little I saw of Top Gear with him in it - he's turned into a right twat (maybe always was one). That It's-a-Knockout type thing they did in a giant pool in Malta, or wherever it was, was quite entertaining though - shooting punters up in water cannons etc. Watching them splat down to the pool was always quality. Didn't seem to last very long, I don't think it was a hit with viewers. Freddie was a perfect fit for that type of thing.

kritikon
KVRAF

Post Mon May 16, 2022 3:28 pm

Found it.
https://youtu.be/D03JlGlbVUc

Pure entertainment.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”