Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic

JonathanLevine wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:58 pm Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference beta release is now native. Version 5.3.0.

https://www.sonarworks.com/support/soun ... 0019451019
Looks like they will hit their updated release date of 24th May
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Kongru wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:23 pm
JonathanLevine wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 7:58 pm Sonarworks’ SoundID Reference beta release is now native. Version 5.3.0.

Looks like they will hit their updated release date of 24th May
Thankfully, and it’s about damn time. I can (sort of) see why companies like iZotope & Native Instruments have/are taking forever to bring native support to their stuff because they have an arsenal of software that they need to do, but Sonarworks is in charge of basically one main piece of software and it’s pretty inexcusable to me that its taken them this long to bring native support. So many of these companies really need to start getting their sh*t together or they shouldn’t be in the software development business at all.

Andrew Reeman Spectral Suite is M1 native. It's a free collection of 7 plugins centred around spectral manipulation. It includes Bin Scrambler, Frequency Magnet, Frequency Shifter, Morph, Phase Lock, Sinusoidal Shaped Filter and Spectral Gate.

The VST3 versions work flawlessly inside Bitwig. But testing this on Logic, one of the 7 Audio Units (I don't remember which one), failed validation. But you can still use the failed one by marking the checkbox in Logic Audio Unit manager.

https://www.andrewreeman.com/spectralsuite/

I suppose that an unique entry in the database, under the name of Spectral Suite is enough. They appear in your DAW with Stepwise as the manufacturer.

Don't confuse this with Soundmagic Spectral, other suite of free FFT algorithms for spectral manipulation. That I haven't tested if they are native or not, because these don't have VST version, only Audio Units. And all my work is done under Bitwig.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:00 am Andrew Reeman Spectral Suite is M1 native. It's a free collection of 7 plugins centred around spectral manipulation. It includes Bin Scrambler, Frequency Magnet, Frequency Shifter, Morph, Phase Lock, Sinusoidal Shaped Filter and Spectral Gate.

The VST3 versions work flawlessly inside Bitwig. But testing this on Logic, one of the 7 Audio Units (I don't remember which one), failed validation. But you can still use the failed one by marking the checkbox in Logic Audio Unit manager.

https://www.andrewreeman.com/spectralsuite/

I suppose that an unique entry in the database, under the name of Spectral Suite is enough. They appear in your DAW with Stepwise as the manufacturer.

Don't confuse this with Soundmagic Spectral, other suite of free FFT algorithms for spectral manipulation. That I haven't tested if they are native or not, because these don't have VST version, only Audio Units. And all my work is done under Bitwig.
thanks for the heads up. hadn't heard of these. had to reset/rescan in logic to get them to pass validation.

the frequency shifter is the one that won't pass validation in logic. the others are fine.

simple UI is nice and they sound good.

Excellent! I've been using ARC, and it's just not as good to my ears. At the time I started using it, SoundID wouldn't run. They fixed it under Rosetta, but I never switched over.

EDIT: So, make sure you let it detect your license first. I had to start it a second time. The first time it didn't give me the license prompt, and it crashed when I added an output. The second time I got the license prompt. Interestingly, my current machine was already licensed. I had to remove the license, and re-add it.

teilo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:17 am

Excellent! I've been using ARC, and it's just not as good to my ears. At the time I started using it, SoundID wouldn't run. They fixed it under Rosetta, but I never switched over.

EDIT: So, make sure you let it detect your license first. I had to start it a second time. The first time it didn't give me the license prompt, and it crashed when I added an output. The second time I got the license prompt. Interestingly, my current machine was already licensed. I had to remove the license, and re-add it.
Yup, exact same thing happened to me too. Hopefully that gets fixed in the release version. Looks like they added Dolby Atmos support in this version too which is pretty interesting.

Pulsar Modular Lunar Lander is M1 native since the 2.1.3 version released this 25th of March.

WXAudio Nani is native M1 since at least 1.2.0
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Imaginando has finally started the migration of its old plugins to the M1 architecture. DLYM, a free delay modulator, and K7D - Tape Delay are now native.

I can't wait for finally have a native version of FRMS, one of my favorites granular synths.

jamcat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:22 am WXAudio Nani is native M1 since at least 1.2.0
Yeah, no. Not putting Nani in the DB. Executive Decision. Not promoting that garbage.

In addition to the release of Panflow (already included in the database), Audiomodern has also updated Filterstep to a M1 native build.

Now, contrary to Native Instruments, all the plugins by Audiomodern are ARM native.

PS: I applaud your decision of not including WXAudio Navi in the database, telio. Well played.

Pinku Eiga wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:47 pm In addition to the release of Panflow (already included in the database), Audiomodern has also updated Filterstep to a M1 native build.
I added Filterstep yesterday. :wink: But I flagged their other audio effects as Free, since I didn't notice that before.

teilo wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 1:07 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 4:22 am WXAudio Nani is native M1 since at least 1.2.0
Yeah, no. Not putting Nani in the DB. Executive Decision. Not promoting that garbage.
Savage 👏👏

Why did I type that into Google????

boojiboy wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 3:51 pm
Why did I type that into Google????
Whytse did a video on this a while back. That's why I know about it.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”