What are your favorite “glue” plug-in’s?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

_leras wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:51 pm
adl wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:34 am
kev2525 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:08 am Just bumping this because it's an interesting thread. The SSL buss compressor is on sale for for $50. Is it worth it?
Yeah, absolutely! I got the UAD SSL and prefer the "original" SSL Emulation by far. Just sounds less clicky and peaky, compared to the UAD version. It uses quite some CPU when used in 4x oversampling, but soundwise it's great.
Are you referring to this sale?

Channel Strip 2 and Bus Compressor 2 - for £37? That's an absolute bargain.

https://store.solidstatelogic.com/plug- ... ls-bundle-
Yeah, exactly! This is such an amazing deal! No much of a channelstrip user, but the buscomp is the money worth alone.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Currently, it's: Lindell 50 and Lindell 80 used sparingly. Not much, just a little bit. Comp: 50 for drums/transient instruments, 80 for slower instruments. EQ: 50 for narrower and 80 for broader boosts/cuts. 50 = precision, 80 - warmth, lots of 'glue'.
This combo let me 'glue' tracks way better than any other 'bus/glue compression plugin'.

As the topic starter, I have a nice one for you: Since 2 years I do not use drums anymore in the music I produce...and...I never use glue plug-in's anymore. No drums, no glue :D

As already Bob Marley said:
No drumming, no glue!

An old 4 - Track tape recorder; not a plugin yet as cheap and does the Glue - Trick.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

These days I'm hyped about Adptr's Sculpt.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Waves NLS used the way it was intended does something for my mixes that I love. I have several of the big console/summing plugins but to my ears I get the best results from NLS when I use it across an entire mix.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

pixel85 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:11 pm Currently, it's: Lindell 50 and Lindell 80 used sparingly. Not much, just a little bit. Comp: 50 for drums/transient instruments, 80 for slower instruments. EQ: 50 for narrower and 80 for broader boosts/cuts. 50 = precision, 80 - warmth, lots of 'glue'.
This combo let me 'glue' tracks way better than any other 'bus/glue compression plugin'.
Have 80, using sparingly. Did some plugindoctor research of the TMT channels to get the least boost/difference ones. Really nice with just a touch of anything in the end of groups/mixbus.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Airwindows Slew 1 or 2.

legendCNCD wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:37 pm
pixel85 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:11 pm Currently, it's: Lindell 50 and Lindell 80 used sparingly. Not much, just a little bit. Comp: 50 for drums/transient instruments, 80 for slower instruments. EQ: 50 for narrower and 80 for broader boosts/cuts. 50 = precision, 80 - warmth, lots of 'glue'.
Have 80, using sparingly. Did some plugindoctor research of the TMT channels to get the least boost/difference ones. Really nice with just a touch of anything in the end of groups/mixbus.
Can you recommend some? I don't have Plugin Doctor. I'm using it in Digital mode - not a huge fan of TMT.

pixel85 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 am
Can you recommend some? I don't have Plugin Doctor. I'm using it in Digital mode - not a huge fan of TMT.
Lemme see my notes:
THD also lifts high freq area
PreAmp +15dB max, with -20dB padding +36dB max (these are also dependant on how much volume there is before the plugin)

Some plots I found not so heavily "stereo separated":
5-6 tighter lowend
8-9 = +1dB @ 3500hz and tighter lowend
12-13 = +1dB until 10khz
13-14 = almost same but tighter lowend
23-24
27-28
29-30

Those are also usable better with EQ. Also enabling 84 version of the EQ will add more high freq bump. Hope those help something.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 5:50 pm
pixel85 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 am
Lemme see my notes:
THD also lifts high freq area
PreAmp +15dB max, with -20dB padding +36dB max (these are also dependant on how much volume there is before the plugin)

Some plots I found not so heavily "stereo separated":
5-6 tighter lowend
8-9 = +1dB @ 3500hz and tighter lowend
12-13 = +1dB until 10khz
13-14 = almost same but tighter lowend
23-24
27-28
29-30

Those are also usable better with EQ. Also enabling 84 version of the EQ will add more high freq bump. Hope those help something.
Awesome info. Thank you :) Seriously, 1dB difference should be absolutele maximum for such differences. Now I wonder what's the biggest difference (not sure if I want to know tho :D )

Ableton's/Cytomics 'The Glue', of course! Why is there more than one post in this thread?

ooh. U-he Presswerk. DPR + parallel = magic

Ploki wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:52 am ooh. U-he Presswerk. DPR + parallel = magic
This. Such an awesome plugin
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Return to “Effects”