Connector sender instance can connect, but receiver keeps saying "NOT CONNECTED"

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have this problem. I've seen the KB article but can not get it to work.
I want to send from Cubase 12 to OBS Studio. The behaviour is exactry as in the KB article:
When the sender can display the name of the receiver, the connection is fine. If the receiver instance still displays "NOT CONNECTED", it means that the host application is not streaming any audio or midi thru the plug-in.
Nothing happens on the receiver side. This is how it looks:
Blue cat.jpg
Any advice?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You need to make sure that audio is going thru the plug-in in OBS. To do so, you need to place it on an audio source and select an audio input, or OBS will not process the plug-in at all if I remember well.

As you can see in the attached picture, audio is going thru the connector (see the level meter). The connector is placed as an insert on an audio track. I’ve tried as a send also. It is obviously something I’m missing here?

As you can see in the attached picture, audio is going thru the connector (see the level meter). The connector is placed as an insert on an audio track. I’ve tried as a send also. It is obviously something I’m missing here?
Edit:
Sorry misread. In OBS I'm setting up an "Audio Input Capture", adding BC Connector as a VST 2.x filter and setting my Audio interface, Line(UR22C) as Device. Tried all different settings but no difference.
Blue cat2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have you tried to increase the buffer size in the receiver instance of Connector? It looks like it has actually received a few packets if you look at the dropouts count. With a larger buffer size it will probably work.

Yes, I have tried different setting on buffering up to max. That made no difference. But while clicking around it suddenly started to connect. I discovered that in order to get the signal thru I had to have at least one midi track in Cubase. Empty or not doesn't matter, but it has to be there. Strange but true :-)
So I think we can close this for now. Thank you for the support.

:o

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”