DIVA and REPRO 1 & 5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Diva Expansion Diva Expansion 2 Diva Expressions - Diva Presets Diva Presets Bundle Repro

Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Boy Wonder wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:45 am Sigh. It breaks my heart to read about all these Prophet 5 replicas with nary a mention of Memorymoon's Messiah. I find their version to be quite inspiring.
The fact that there is no Mac version might have something to do with it.

ramseysounds wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:45 am Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
And worthwhile answers so it seems.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

It's been a while since I used either, but imo there isn't a huge amount of crossover and it's not a hard sell to convince yourself to get both. Personally, I prefer RePro because it's a little more upfront, soundwise and has slightly better workflow and is more fun to use. If Diva is a workhouse with wide sweetspots for regular use, then RePro is the sporty little number you take out at the weekend for a bit of excitement.
Always Read the Manual!

I wonder if NI have one of their u-he sales again. Might get RePro then. It somehow itches.

LeVzi wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:41 am
Repro seems like its capable of some nasty business, which I love these days.
One thing with Repro though, is that you must work with only the provided saw, square, and triangle (Osc B only) waveforms in the oscillators.

Other analog synth emulations provide various combinations of oscillator waveforms, so having more than one analog synth can be a good option! For example, Diva has a sine wave available in the dual VCO #2.

Saurus has all 4 basic oscillator waveform shapes, plus 4 more variations.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I got the demo, I am loving Repro 1 , that is just pure heaven to fk about with.

Its so gritty as was said. Getting some bonkers arps outta the sequencer with some pretty muffed up sounds tbh.

I am warming to this very quickly indeed.

diva is the comfy well made bed, repro is the filthy sex you have in the bed!

so yes, they compliment/complete each other :tu:

vurt wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:32 pm diva is the comfy well made bed, repro is the filthy sex you have in the bed!

so yes, they compliment/complete each other :tu:
:lol: This is turning into a post of analogies that are bang on. :lol:

LeVzi wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 7:16 am
ramseysounds wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:45 am Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
Give me a worthwhile question and you’ll get a worthwhile answer 🤷‍♂️
Seriously; how can anyone question if one synth can sound ok with another synth or not? It’s all subjective and personal.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:07 pm
Seriously; how can anyone question if one synth can sound ok with another synth or not? It’s all subjective and personal.
well the answer could have been, they make very similar sounds really, so if you have one id leave the other...

as an example, obviously they're not, so people pointed thst out.
it's why we are here (at kvr, not our entire existence) to chat about synths :)

vurt wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:11 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:07 pm
well the answer could have been, they make very similar sounds really, so if you have one id leave the other...

as an example, obviously they're not, so people pointed thst out.
it's why we are here (at kvr, not our entire existence) to chat about synths :)
That's exactly why I asked, because if Diva covered all that Repro does, why would I need twice, without using the demos I just wanted some pointers.

And tbh it was the posts here that really made me wanna demo it and not just stick with DIVA.

Urs wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:16 pm Repro is based on electronics of synths that have an insane modulation depth - they're not a sweetspot synths per sé even if they have many of those. Diva is very tame in comparison as everything is built around the parameters and modulation depths of a very "tame" sweet spot synth. I think it's fair to say that Diva puts emphasis on the mellow side of analogue whereas Repro has all those harsh, gritty and wild properties.
The effects in Repro are really nice too. If Diva gets some awesome effects in an update, it would make it even better! Both great synths though. :tu:

Biome_Digital wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:07 amThe effects in Repro are really nice too. If Diva gets some awesome effects in an update, it would make it even better! Both great synths though. :tu:
I'm with you there. A lot of the really great stuff in Repro is actually the effects. The Wavefolder in particular is fabulous voodoo.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I'm very happy having both synth. Never felt that one could replace the other.

Return to “Instruments”