DIVA and REPRO 1 & 5

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva Diva Expansion Diva Expansion 2 Diva Expressions - Diva Presets Diva Presets Bundle Repro
ramseysounds
KVRian
1194 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Post Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm

Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

OllieBoi
Banned
88 posts since 3 May, 2022

Post Mon May 23, 2022 11:15 pm

Boy Wonder wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 8:45 pm Sigh. It breaks my heart to read about all these Prophet 5 replicas with nary a mention of Memorymoon's Messiah. I find their version to be quite inspiring.
The fact that there is no Mac version might have something to do with it.

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4615 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 pm

ramseysounds wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
And worthwhile answers so it seems.
Stop looking back, you aren't going that way

PieBerger
KVRian
1402 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue May 24, 2022 2:36 am

It's been a while since I used either, but imo there isn't a huge amount of crossover and it's not a hard sell to convince yourself to get both. Personally, I prefer RePro because it's a little more upfront, soundwise and has slightly better workflow and is more fun to use. If Diva is a workhouse with wide sweetspots for regular use, then RePro is the sporty little number you take out at the weekend for a bit of excitement.
Always Read the Manual!

chk071
KVRAF
31911 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue May 24, 2022 2:51 am

I wonder if NI have one of their u-he sales again. Might get RePro then. It somehow itches.

zzz00m
KVRAF
3215 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Tue May 24, 2022 7:51 am

LeVzi wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 8:41 pm
Repro seems like its capable of some nasty business, which I love these days.
One thing with Repro though, is that you must work with only the provided saw, square, and triangle (Osc B only) waveforms in the oscillators.

Other analog synth emulations provide various combinations of oscillator waveforms, so having more than one analog synth can be a good option! For example, Diva has a sine wave available in the dual VCO #2.

Saurus has all 4 basic oscillator waveform shapes, plus 4 more variations.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4615 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Tue May 24, 2022 8:14 am

I got the demo, I am loving Repro 1 , that is just pure heaven to fk about with.

Its so gritty as was said. Getting some bonkers arps outta the sequencer with some pretty muffed up sounds tbh.

I am warming to this very quickly indeed.
Stop looking back, you aren't going that way

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue May 24, 2022 8:32 am

diva is the comfy well made bed, repro is the filthy sex you have in the bed!

so yes, they compliment/complete each other :tu:
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4615 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Tue May 24, 2022 9:56 pm

vurt wrote: ↑Tue May 24, 2022 8:32 am diva is the comfy well made bed, repro is the filthy sex you have in the bed!

so yes, they compliment/complete each other :tu:
:lol: This is turning into a post of analogies that are bang on. :lol:
Stop looking back, you aren't going that way

ramseysounds
KVRian
1194 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Post Wed May 25, 2022 10:07 am

LeVzi wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 pm
ramseysounds wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
And worthwhile answers so it seems.
Give me a worthwhile question and you’ll get a worthwhile answer 🤷‍♂️
Seriously; how can anyone question if one synth can sound ok with another synth or not? It’s all subjective and personal.
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
95452 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Wed May 25, 2022 10:11 am

ramseysounds wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 10:07 am
LeVzi wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 pm
ramseysounds wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
And worthwhile answers so it seems.
Give me a worthwhile question and you’ll get a worthwhile answer 🤷‍♂️
Seriously; how can anyone question if one synth can sound ok with another synth or not? It’s all subjective and personal.
well the answer could have been, they make very similar sounds really, so if you have one id leave the other...

as an example, obviously they're not, so people pointed thst out.
it's why we are here (at kvr, not our entire existence) to chat about synths :)
we're all mad here! im mad, youre mad, everybody is mad!!

User avatar
LeVzi
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4615 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Wed May 25, 2022 10:44 pm

vurt wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 10:11 am
ramseysounds wrote: ↑Wed May 25, 2022 10:07 am
LeVzi wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 pm
ramseysounds wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 9:45 pm Any synth can compliment any other synth if you set them right. It seems to me we are running out of serious worthwhile questions on this forum 🤦‍♂️
And worthwhile answers so it seems.
Give me a worthwhile question and you’ll get a worthwhile answer 🤷‍♂️
Seriously; how can anyone question if one synth can sound ok with another synth or not? It’s all subjective and personal.
well the answer could have been, they make very similar sounds really, so if you have one id leave the other...

as an example, obviously they're not, so people pointed thst out.
it's why we are here (at kvr, not our entire existence) to chat about synths :)
That's exactly why I asked, because if Diva covered all that Repro does, why would I need twice, without using the demos I just wanted some pointers.

And tbh it was the posts here that really made me wanna demo it and not just stick with DIVA.
Stop looking back, you aren't going that way

User avatar
Biome_Digital
KVRAF
2042 posts since 9 Jan, 2014 from Worldwide

Post Fri May 27, 2022 1:07 am

Urs wrote: ↑Mon May 23, 2022 5:16 am Repro is based on electronics of synths that have an insane modulation depth - they're not a sweetspot synths per sé even if they have many of those. Diva is very tame in comparison as everything is built around the parameters and modulation depths of a very "tame" sweet spot synth. I think it's fair to say that Diva puts emphasis on the mellow side of analogue whereas Repro has all those harsh, gritty and wild properties.
The effects in Repro are really nice too. If Diva gets some awesome effects in an update, it would make it even better! Both great synths though. :tu:

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
3972 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Fri May 27, 2022 1:49 am

Biome_Digital wrote: ↑Fri May 27, 2022 1:07 amThe effects in Repro are really nice too. If Diva gets some awesome effects in an update, it would make it even better! Both great synths though. :tu:
I'm with you there. A lot of the really great stuff in Repro is actually the effects. The Wavefolder in particular is fabulous voodoo.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2021 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 12
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

midi_transmission
KVRian
760 posts since 13 Feb, 2013

Post Fri May 27, 2022 7:23 am

I'm very happy having both synth. Never felt that one could replace the other.

Return to “Instruments”