Syntronik 2 Discussions

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Syntronik 1

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:52 pm We've just hit 25 free, so 26 for the price of 1 with 95 participants to the next freebie and 8 days left.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:15 pm And yes, it is slowing down so please share and let's pick up the pace as this isn't likely going to be extended unless it hits the top tier.
I assume you mean if it hits 2900 the group buy will be extended? We're at 2305 now so I don't think that's going to happen.

We're only missing 7 instruments now and I think we might get two more in the next 8 days so that would only leave us missing 5. Perhaps there will be a run as the deadline approaches.
3,000 participants is the top tier: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/syntronik2gb
Buy 1 Get 32 Free* when 3,000 registrations are reached
That's the incentive now, plus the multis will be unlocked at that top tier.
Hi Peter,

If we don't reach the 3000 goal, and so I join the Group Buy a second time to get the remaining synths, would I then get the multis presets? If not, how would I get them?

Zipede wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:08 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:52 pm We've just hit 25 free, so 26 for the price of 1 with 95 participants to the next freebie and 8 days left.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:15 pm And yes, it is slowing down so please share and let's pick up the pace as this isn't likely going to be extended unless it hits the top tier.
I assume you mean if it hits 2900 the group buy will be extended? We're at 2305 now so I don't think that's going to happen.

We're only missing 7 instruments now and I think we might get two more in the next 8 days so that would only leave us missing 5. Perhaps there will be a run as the deadline approaches.
Hi Peter,

If we don't reach the 3000 goal, and so I join the Group Buy a second time to get the remaining synths, would I then get the multis presets? If not, how would I get them?
All participants will get the multis if the group buy reaches 3,000 participants.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:46 pm
All participants will get the multis if the group buy reaches 3,000 participants.
I think the point was many people already have all of the synths already as they had some of them anyway...how will those people ever get the multis (they own all the synths) if the 'group buy' doesn't make 3000?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 pm I'm gonna venture a guess without QA testing the entire mod matrix, but it appears that AT is the issue, since CC is assignable and works in Slot B, C, & D.
Each Layer has its own Mod Matrix so there shouldn't be any conflicts but yes it appears to be an issue with just AT since as you say for example the Mod Wheel works for each layer. I have not encountered a factory patch that has AT assigned at all. I'm guessing IK's toy keyboards don't have AT so why bother. :?
Tried the same test with Syntronik 2 presets in a SampleTank 4 multi using two instruments parts.

The aftertouch assigned in the SampleTank 4 mod matrix worked with both parts #1 & #2. Imagine that!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

^^^
And if you load your Syn2 Multi, with Aftertouch on each layer, into ST4? (or is that buggy?)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:15 pm ^^^
And if you load your Syn2 Multi, with Aftertouch on each layer, into ST4? (or is that buggy?)
That works!

Hi Peter,

So the answer is "no" then. Buying in twice to secure all 33 synths does NOT open access to the Multis. ONLY a Group Buy overall tally of 3k will open access to the Multis.

Seems arbitrary to keep them locked away like that.
Macs M1/M2 / Bitwig 4 / Studio One 6

zzz00m wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:58 pm
Teksonik wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm
zzz00m wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:08 pm I'm gonna venture a guess without QA testing the entire mod matrix, but it appears that AT is the issue, since CC is assignable and works in Slot B, C, & D.
Each Layer has its own Mod Matrix so there shouldn't be any conflicts but yes it appears to be an issue with just AT since as you say for example the Mod Wheel works for each layer. I have not encountered a factory patch that has AT assigned at all. I'm guessing IK's toy keyboards don't have AT so why bother. :?
Tried the same test with Syntronik 2 presets in a SampleTank 4 multi using two instruments parts.

The aftertouch assigned in the SampleTank 4 mod matrix worked with both parts #1 & #2. Imagine that!
I'll try that in a few minutes to see what happens here. First another issue.

For anyone who has chosen Polymorph check and see if you get the following error when choosing the version 2 preset "Viscous Submergence" :

Polymorph.png
It's the only preset that generates the message here. Polymorph was properly registered but to be sure I ran the Product Manager again. All other version 2 presets load fine.

If it really was a registration issue then none of the version 2 presets would load instead of just one.

Anyway you might want to check and see if you have the same issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

skiltrip wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:16 pm
You might feel that way until you loaded a factory multi that required synths you did not have.

I think Skilltrip was only suggesting that multis be provided to customers who purchased all 33 synths.
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Anyway I just tried the Aftertouch Multi in Sampletank 4 and you're right, AT does work in both layers so it's a bug in Syntronik 2.

If someone wants a lesson in abject futility you can open a support ticket on the issue. I'm done with IK "Support".

When you loaded the Syntronik Multi into Sampletank 4 did you notice the midi channel assignments were incorrect? Here if I load a Syn 1 or 2 Multi in ST4, instead of all the layers being set to midi channel 1 (which is the way I set them because I want the instruments layered, not played on different tracks), the ST4 layer midi channels are set to 1,2,3,4, etc.

So yea you can load a Syntronik Multi into Sampletank 4 but it won't load correctly at least not here.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

skiltrip wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:16 pm

Hi Peter,

So the answer is "no" then. Buying in twice to secure all 33 synths does NOT open access to the Multis. ONLY a Group Buy overall tally of 3k will open access to the Multis.

The answer is only no if the group buy does not reach the top tier. That has always been the case since I've mentioned the multis will be included. Once the group buy reaches 3,000 participants, those 3,000 participants get the multis. I am sorry if that was unclear.

jeffn1 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:53 pm I think Skilltrip was only suggesting that multis be provided to customers who purchased all 33 synths.
Yes if someone buys into the group buy a second time now just to get the 4 or 5 instruments that may be missing if the GB falls short then they deserve to get the Multis. They'll have all 33 instruments and paid double.

It doesn't make sense to distribute them to everyone if they don't have all 33 instruments because there will be load errors.

Well, I do like Peter's optimism.
Jump in everyone, it is a great deal! (I really like the one synth I bought/installed so far (Blau)).
To Hear Original Instrumental "Progtronic Rock" Music, go to:

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rPidJwBYGmKZFUV4joAKN

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:35 pm For anyone who has chosen Polymorph check and see if you get the following error when choosing the version 2 preset "Viscous Submergence" :

It's the only preset that generates the message here. Polymorph was properly registered but to be sure I ran the Product Manager again. All other version 2 presets load fine.

Anyway you might want to check and see if you have the same issue.
It works for me. Maybe something didn't installed correctly on your machine?

Return to “Instruments”