Eventide H3000 Factory @ $79 - worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H3000 Factory

revvy wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:32 am I own Blackhole which is great, never liked the SW version of the H3000.

Soundtoys rock too. 2 great companies IMO.
Two fantastic companies.

But the H3000 Factory had originally been released as a TDM plugin. That was 15 years ago. They then ported it virtually unchanged (afaik) several years ago. It's old - and not in a good way.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Haven't used it for ages. When it first came out, I used it every now and then.
Whether it's worth $79... hmm... yeah, kind of. The question is whether you really need it. For me, I'd say no.

Thank you all. Checked the demo and... got myself Permut8 instead :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:14 pm Thank you all. Checked the demo and... got myself Permut8 instead :)
Agree on Blackhole, which is also currently on sale. Just bought H910 myself. Laurie - here I come! :wink:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

https://store.eventideaudio.com/pages/h3000-legacy

The deal is back on until 7th June

This is very interesting.... "H3000 Legacy Sale."
I wonder if this could mean an H3000 MKII is coming? :pray:

I am reminded of this post from Eventide's rep:
Orville71 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:24 pm The upgrade discount tier is based on the value of your existing plug-ins, not the amount of titles you own. For example "Undulator" represents a lower value than "H3000 Factory".

For those that own everything and are seeing a $39 price, you don't have to update, however, doing so will get you added value in the future. Stay tuned
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

SparkySpark wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:17 am Agree on Blackhole, which is also currently on sale
Just checked the site, and it’s the normal price. Do you have some sort of a link for the sale?

DJDJ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am
SparkySpark wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:17 am Agree on Blackhole, which is also currently on sale
Just checked the site, and it’s the normal price. Do you have some sort of a link for the sale?
Dude, he wrote that in 2020. Sale is over.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

It's on sale for $79 at JRR

https://www.jrrshop.com/eventide-h3000

and Everyplugins with a discount

https://everyplugin.com/catalogsearch/r ... ls&q=h3000

DJDJ wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am
All retailers should have it on sale. We posted about it yesterday on the Eventide board.
viewtopic.php?p=8436890#p8436890

jamcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:53 am Dude, he wrote that in 2020. Sale is over.
My bad, haha. Normally I look at time stamps. Thanks for that

Orville71 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 12:17 pm

All retailers should have it on sale. We posted about it yesterday on the Eventide board.
viewtopic.php?p=8436890#p8436890
Thank you. In this case I meant the Blackhole, not the H3000. But I appreciate your helpfulness anyway

Worth every penny. Hardware vibes and endless possibilities.

It was the missing link for me. Back @home 🙂

<3 Eventide Sound

HAL76 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:02 am Hardware vibes and endless possibilities.
No, it's just emulating (part of) the software side of the H3000. There is no hardware-emulation included (so far).
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

No. The vst sounds nothing like the hardware.

Return to “Effects”