Scuffham Amps S-Gear (developed with former Marshall product designer)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
S-Gear

Just trialled this and it has BLOWN me AWAY!

No other plug in comes close for guitar amp sims.

Great FX,smooth and creamy sounding,love the impulse loader.

I wish i could buy this,in a rutt atm,Afterpay would be awesome.

Easily the best guitar amp plugin S gear 2.9 is the bee's knees.

Personal taste is always so amazing and different. For years s-gear was my guitar amp then overloud th-u with their profiling replaced it then neural dsp replaced all of them for me.
Rsp
sound sculptist

I’ve tried all the ampsims over the years. Other people always make them sound great in the demos. But then I install them and they sound thin and weedy and it’s an instant uninstall and I’m right back to AmpliTube. That’s the only ampsim I’ve ever been able to make sound good. :shrug:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:59 am AmpliTube. That’s the only ampsim I’ve ever been able to make sound good.
Normally, I would have replied "Said no one ever". But you said it. You actually said it. Wow.
:) (I'm joking, whatever gets your tone is fine by me).

jamcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:59 am I’ve tried all the ampsims over the years. Other people always make them sound great in the demos. But then I install them and they sound thin and weedy and it’s an instant uninstall and I’m right back to AmpliTube. That’s the only ampsim I’ve ever been able to make sound good. :shrug:
Huh. I no longer use software amp sims, but when I did, Amplitube and S-Gear were my two go-tos. I’ve since moved to hardware, because I found it to be noticeably better. Kemper and Fractal, to be specific. I never liked the Line6 sound. I had a Kemper for a decade, but moved to an AxeFX 3 because I missed my old physical dual-amp setup, and to a lesser degree, more “amp like” tweaking.

I should probably sell my S-Gear license. I haven’t had it installed for a long time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Is Scuffam still being developed? I cave up checking to see if for V3 was out but they seem to be at 2.99 now so not a lot of room. There seem sot be almost no activity on the web site lately. Maybe a big announcement soon (but then I though that several years ago!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

rollasoc wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am
jamcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:59 am AmpliTube. That’s the only ampsim I’ve ever been able to make sound good.
Normally, I would have replied "Said no one ever". But you said it. You actually said it. Wow.
In AmpliTube, you have to choose the right models. I don’t use anything older than the JH Gold, and now I’m using mostly the effects from the X-GEAR pedals.

It really is a shame that IK doesn’t update and replace their old models as their methods improve, the way Arturia does.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:17 pm
rollasoc wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am
In AmpliTube, you have to choose the right models. I don’t use anything older than the JH Gold, and now I’m using mostly the effects from the X-GEAR pedals.

It really is a shame that IK doesn’t update and replace their old models as their methods improve, the way Arturia does.
I’ve grown to hate IK’s business model. The plugins are fine… well, I miss the old Amplitube’s intuitive ease of use, but the sound is good. It’s just the whole “Custom Shop” thing. It’s confusing, clumsy, and it feels like I’m being nickel and dime to death. I hate having to constantly scroll by everything that I don’t own. I much prefer NI’s method of putting out upgrades where you just get everything new for a fair fixed price. I can’t even remember the last time I used Amplitube. I was once the biggest fan.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Maybe it's time to look back to Amplitube? Seriously, since Amplitube 5 (and the mesa 2 pack) I stopped using my PA / Neural DSP / STL Tones amp sims. BTW in Amplitube 5 you can have a setting to see all gear / only gear you own / only gear you don't own, so apparently the message got through that it is annoying. I just see the gear I own.
Oh, and they also solved the issue that when you set it to see the gear you have, you won't see patches in your patches list which uses gear you don't have.

I began using Helix Lite so it replaced my constant use of ampsims. But A5 is my go to for that. Sgear is good but since never ever updated I just stopped using it. BiasFX has too much latency to run much units at once. Even A5 has to run higher buffer in DAW to run many. SGear never had this problem

acousticglue wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 1:18 pm I began using Helix Lite so it replaced my constant use of ampsims. But A5 is my go to for that. Sgear is good but since never ever updated I just stopped using it. BiasFX has too much latency to run much units at once. Even A5 has to run higher buffer in DAW to run many. SGear never had this problem
My issue with BiasFX, is I will start to use it on a song. Leave the song for a month or tow whilst working on something else, then we I re-open the old song, I just get DI guitar, I have to go in and re-register every instance of it. Tedious.

I still use S-gear, also some of the amps from Plugin alliance, but since a year or so i prefer the Neuraldsp amps, i own the cory wong, the petrucci and the tone king.
I like the s-gear for the feel when playing, just like a real amp, but the Neuraldsp amps have this feel too, at least for me.
The s-gear sounds are also good, better than amplitube 4 or guitar rig, which i never liked, at least for guitar.
It would be nice if scuffham would do an update, a few stomp boxes and maybe some modern amp sims would be nice.

lajosuti wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 3:53 am Maybe it's time to look back to Amplitube? Seriously, since Amplitube 5 (and the mesa 2 pack) I stopped using my PA / Neural DSP / STL Tones amp sims. BTW in Amplitube 5 you can have a setting to see all gear / only gear you own / only gear you don't own, so apparently the message got through that it is annoying. I just see the gear I own.
Oh, and they also solved the issue that when you set it to see the gear you have, you won't see patches in your patches list which uses gear you don't have.
Ah, that’s nice. It’s too late for me to get back into it for guitar, but I would use it for synths and drums. Thanks for the heads up.
Zerocrossing Media

Guess we got progress…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

metalifuxx wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:09 pm Guess we got progress…
yep!

he's been talking about v3 S-Gear coming VERY soon!

Return to “Effects”