instruments and FX forum should be for how VSTs sound, not accounting discussions on company upgrade policy, prices etc.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It never fails, every time there is a VST release/update and I come to kvr to see how it sounds, the forum post is dominated by people talking (and usually complaining) about the plugin's price, company upgrade policies, bundles, support policy, ilok, and basically accounting stuff that has nothing to do with music or how the plugin sounds.

How about a separate forum for those accounting discussions so people interested in complaining about how when they bought the plugin it was $10 more expensive, or that the company doesn't answer emails quickly enough, can post there. Then keep the "instruments" and "effects" forum posts for what they should be: discussion about music and how the plugins sound.

I like your suggestion. However, I think it won't work.

Was it ever like this? Discussions about sound? And sound only? Seems a bit like special interest. :)

ralfrobert wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:37 pm Was it ever like this? Discussions about sound? And sound only? Seems a bit like special interest. :)
I don't think it ever was. It's sad because there are some talented people who post and you can find good information, but it's like 1 in 30 or 1 in 50 posts. From the beginning kvr seems to have attracted a lot of people who like to talk about accounting/bureaucratic issues but don't seem to do much music.

For the lowdown on a plugin I have had much more luck with gearspace and musictech/computermusic reviews .

What I am really missing are shootouts and tests. These are a lot of work, sure, but super valuable.

But I have to be fair, I am not much better most of the time.

Return to “Site Stuff”