How to get stuck notes (and how to get rid of them)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I honestly haven’t had stuck notes with Reaper and any synths in many months now. Used to get them all the time but there were several fixes in the v6 lifecycle to date. So make sure you’re up to date. If you are and still getting sick notes, please let me know how to reproduce and I’ll try here.

Logic Pro got an update a few days ago solving an issue with hanging notes:
Resolves an issue where notes could hang when playing Audio Unit software instruments on Apple silicon based Macs.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203718

I have this problem on Mac, with using FL Studio and Hive 2. How it's can be resolved? Actually I lost few days for trying to find the problem, and the problem is only with Hive(
The problem with VST3, looks like with VST its working fine
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:56 pm I have this problem on Mac, with using FL Studio and Hive 2.
Are you using the computer keyboard to play notes instead of a real MIDI keyboard?
In this case, it's a known issue with the VST3 version. It receives the note-on event from the keyboard, but somehow doesn't receive the note-off event.
The solution right now is to simply use the VST2 version.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:34 am
NatLife wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:56 pm I have this problem on Mac, with using FL Studio and Hive 2.
Are you using the computer keyboard to play notes instead of a real MIDI keyboard?
In this case, it's a known issue with the VST3 version. It receives the note-on event from the keyboard, but somehow doesn't receive the note-off event.
The solution right now is to simply use the VST2 version.
Yeas,I'm using Keyboard. And I have only VST3 and VST (not VST2) version..ahm plus AU version.
VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

NatLife wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:18 pm Yeas,I'm using Keyboard. And I have only VST3 and VST (not VST2) version..ahm plus AU version.
VST = VST2. It's common to call VST2 simply VST.
But you can also use the AU version if you prefer that.

You should change the topic title to “Stuck Notes And The Women Who Love Them.”
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:56 am You should change the topic title to “Stuck Notes And The Women Who Love Them.”
:hihi:

The awesome guys at Cockos fixed another stuck note issue in Reaper 6.6.0 in connection with playing multiple voices of the same note.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:34 am
NatLife wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:18 pm Yeas,I'm using Keyboard. And I have only VST3 and VST (not VST2) version..ahm plus AU version.
VST = VST2. It's common to call VST2 simply VST.
But you can also use the AU version if you prefer that.
I found a good way - use only AU version of Hive :D

More stuck notes. Steps to reproduce on reaper 6.6.4 win 10.

Load Bazille VST3.
Load a polyphonic patch, e.g. 3AM Fnyquist.
Add a MIDI item with the next chord: D-C-D-E-F.
Play: all fine.
Transpose the chord from D to F#, e.g. on the MIDI editor.
Play: hanging notes.

The only synth of yours I don't own is ACE. From the ones I own (plus zebralette and tripe cheese) it seems that this is only a Bazille thing.

Hi rafa,

I tried this a few times in various ways, but can't reproduce any stuck notes.
Can you perhaps contact us at support[at]u-he.com so we could talk about details?

Thanks,
Viktor
u-he team

I can't reproduce myself neither anymore. This was happening yesterday to the point I couldn't use Bazille on the track I was doing. If it happens again I will try to investigate more and contact you if I discover something :)

this is still issue in 6.69 for external synths
Made in Ukraine: https://www.andivax.com

andivax wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:00 pm this is still issue in 6.69 for external synths
You need to be way more specific please, so we can find a way to reproduce your problem.
Best to contact our support so we can help you there.
https://u-he.com/support/#contact

Return to “u-he”