DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

moss wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm Ah, you are absolutely right. Will think about if it makes sense to also stop clip recording.
At least in Ableton Live it can work like this. I think it makes sense because when you're recording notes you often don't have the time to go back to the Session page on the Launchpad to stop the clip recording.

In Bitwig, using DrivenByMoss driver (or base driver), most of the time I'm too slow to stop the clip recording in time (due to the fact that there's no button available for that on the Note page), so I erroneously record one excess bar, which I then have to correct using the mouse. Which is not very "livey". Of course I could use the Launchpad on Session page only and then use another controller (a keyboard) to enter notes. But then it really diminishes the purpose of the Note page.

Thanks for helping!

moss wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:13 pm
melodyz wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:02 pm Hi sir love your scripts but I have to say I like R Hawtins fire script for drums. Any way to update to do the drums like he does?
Haha, I was wondering when the first would ask for that :hihi:

But, yes, I think that is a really nice layout and already added it to my list but I currently have a lot on my TODO list...
Actually Hawtins is pretty nice, I would keep that with some tweaks if its open source. I dont understand all of its controls yet but, Some things that would be cool for this drum sequencer:
1. a way to instantly return all send fx to 0. this way we could mangle stuff and then instantly send it back to normal.
2. Allow another drum synth to be placed afterwards in the chain and allow send fx to affect that instead. this way we can use other drum samples.
3. there doesnt seem to be a way to turn 2 knobs at once on the fire. its either send fx 1 or send fx2 but not both at same time.
4. we need operators for the piano sequencer. :-)

Is it possible to slice audio to multisampler with Push or MPC?
Been looking at your videos but I haven't seen you slice audio using it.

Alban18 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:50 pm Is it possible to slice audio to multisampler with Push or MPC?
Been looking at your videos but I haven't seen you slice audio using it.
No, it is not in the API. I can only trigger to open the slice dialog.

Gotcha

Hi all,
I am new here and in Bitwig new as well - nice to be here and hope to have a good time together.
Luckily I found hints to @moss genious Controller pack for Bitwig.

I work with the last Imac-gen with i9 unter Catalina 10.15.7.
I saw in Moss Controler pack manual under the chapter N.I. Maschine mk3 that I have to use the N.I. Controller Editor to prevent problems.

Unfortunately after installint the Controller Editor, I don´t have the Controller Editor Icon in my Launchpad and it doesn´t work via NI Native Access.
Is there a workaround or any experience regarding this issues I got with the NI controler Editor?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Last edited by Magnator on Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnator wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:56 am Hi all,
I am new here and in Bitwig new as well - nice to be here and hope to have a good time together.
Luckily I found hints to @moss genious Controller pack for Bitwig.

I work with the last Imac-gen with i9 unter Catalina 10.15.7.
I saw in Moss Controler pack manual under the chapter N.I. Maschine mk3 that I have to use the N.I. Controller Editor to prevent problems.

Unfortunately after installint the Controler Editor, I don´t have the Controler Editor Icon in my Launchpad and it doesn´t work via NI Native Access.
Is there a workaround or any experience regarding this issues I got with the NI controler Editor?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Did you try to simply search for it in the Launchpad?

Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-25 um 14.02.43.png
Yes moss, I did - couldn´t find it there - strange.
In the past under Mojave this was no issue to find and open the Controller Editor.

I even try to install the App fresh from N.I. website in Version 2.6.2 - but no luck, I couldn´t find a Icon to start it.

I guess this issue has something to do with my Path for the Controller Editor.
I will try to install the controller Editor on my macbook later to see if I could copy the folder and paste it on the Imac where I have the trouble with this app.

Hope this will work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello,

I've got a Problem with my Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2. When I have multiple instances of Komplete Kontrol in Bitwig, switching the track does not change the "context" of the keyboard in the Browser and Plugin view. I've tried switching via Mixer, switching via the control knob or directly in Bitwig.

Am I missing / overlooking something obvious?

(I'm using latest driven by moss and Bitwig Studio 4.3 Beta 10)

Thanks and best regards,
Simon
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

moss wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:51 pm Ah, you are absolutely right. Will think about if it makes sense to also stop clip recording.
Do you think it will eventually take the release road? I'm pondering Bitwig's purchase. Of course it's not an injonction of any kind I don't want to be too liberal with other people's time - and it's already a wonder, what you've done.

Magnator wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-25 um 14.02.43.pngYes moss, I did - couldn´t find it there - strange.
In the past under Mojave this was no issue to find and open the Controller Editor.

I even try to install the App fresh from N.I. website in Version 2.6.2 - but no luck, I couldn´t find a Icon to start it.

I guess this issue has something to do with my Path for the Controller Editor.
I will try to install the controller Editor on my macbook later to see if I could copy the folder and paste it on the Imac where I have the trouble with this app.

Hope this will work.
This is a question for NI support or their forum.

Hey moss,
good news here, after installing the Controller Editor on the M1 macbook that works well, I noticed that the installation folder was different to the one I used.
After copying the M1 Controller Editor Folder to my Imac, it runs like a charme, and I found the app icon in the Launchpad as well.

Hope this could help someone with the same issue.

I am happy now for today and will make further tests tommorow on the Imac, regarding Moss tool, Maschine mk3 and Bitwig Studio.

Have a nice evening. ;)

DrivenByMoss 16.4.1 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi:
    • New: Added setting to directly route expression (CC 11).
  • MPC
    • New: Q-Link knobs are working now (requires MPC Firmware 2.11).
    • Fixed: Volume, pan and parameter indicators were off in Bitwig.
https://youtu.be/eCZTyMpJ8ms

Enjoy!

Hi, is there a way to auto-populate 3rd party vst parameters on push 2 for bitwig?

fywzheng wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:28 am Hi, is there a way to auto-populate 3rd party vst parameters on push 2 for bitwig?
No, you need to manually assign them (which makes IMHO more sense since most parameter lists are quite random).

Return to “Controller Scripting”