Dawesome Novum (A Granular Synth for Creative Sampling)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
First Light for Novum NOVUM

c_voltage wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:19 pm - optionally ability multioutputs, ie separate for each layer -
i don't know if it is possible but i really like this idea

PetVor wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:30 pm
Sampleconstruct wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:21 am FR: grain pitch randomization per emitted grain, also quantizable to scales, +/- 3 octaves in range.
I like the idea: PITCH JIT

And something like this for quantization:
Screenshot 2022-06-24 at 15.27.32.png
oh yes yes yes !!! love it !

minor question: I´ve been going through the manual tutorials and I can't find the 808 loop patch... should I reinstall the basics patch?

thanks,
Miguel
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Can anyone confirm that the $107 price on JRR is not the cross grade from Abyss as at says in the release blurb. Audiodeluxe has it for $125 (and Plug-in Boutique is showing no discount at £175).

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:53 pm Can anyone confirm that the $107 price on JRR is not the cross grade from Abyss as at says in the release blurb. Audiodeluxe has it for $125 (and Plug-in Boutique is showing no discount at £175).
Nothing in the JRR listing says its a crossgrade from what I can see. Also, I guess the $90 w/code was a mistake!

The day I bought it on jrr I automatically got a 17 bucks group buy discount which reduced the price to to 92€
void main(dumb)

sQeetz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:43 pm The day I bought it on jrr I automatically got a 17 bucks group buy discount which reduced the price to to 92€
Ditto…must have. Even a super early bird discount :wink:
Still miffed I missed the 50% off sale for Abyss…next time!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

UncleAge wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:53 pm
c_voltage wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:19 pm - optionally ability multioutputs, ie separate for each layer -
i don't know if it is possible but i really like this idea
Yes please on this (technically possible?)

Also CLAP support would be nice!

Playing with a custom patch/rich tonal soundscape in Novum, video starts using only layer 1, then the other layers are added consecutively.

https://youtu.be/abhCC3VbVjo

Vortifex wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:33 am Some really cool sound design possibilities with this thing

https://soundcloud.com/vortifex/dawesom ... en-machine
Gives me Dune movie vibes :borg:

Download SOphist wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:34 pm minor question: I´ve been going through the manual tutorials and I can't find the 808 loop patch... should I reinstall the basics patch?
Ah, this is an inconsistency between the manual and the pack, I had removed the "808 LOOP" from the pack because its not a real usable patch and was just there as a training example.

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LGe4_- ... sp=sharing

Just drag and drop the patch to the patch selector (the patch name in the upper left), or use "LOAD PATCH ..."

c_voltage wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:19 pm Trialed, pretty good. Just some suggestion - optionally ability multioutputs, ie separate for each layer (with bypassing internal FX respectively).
Although built in reverbs very good (frankly i'm think they form an essential part of the musicality in library), but, would be interesting to experiment with external effects per layer, especially considering ability of modulation system own for each layer (when, can say, all of them becomes like separate instruments).
The technical issue: the whole filter section is not per layer. As syntify + modelled analog filter + comb filter are taxing the CPU it can't be made easily per layer. In principle one could think of 6 outs per layer with bypassing the SYN and the FX ... but frankly this doesn't sound like a "round" feature. I will give it a think.

Personally, I'm not so bothered about multi-outs, but I think "per layer" filter/synth/FM/comb would be amazing and would really like to see that, regardless of CPU usage! :)

^Yeah, easy for you to say! If I tried "per layer" filter/synth/FM/comb on my computer, I'd better learn to sleep with one eye open at night.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

Phase Plant lets you toggle per voice fx on and off.

Return to “Instruments”