Tracking CLAP hosts and plugins

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

teilo wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:34 pm
exmatproton wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 pm early access of Vital 1.5.1 CLAP is available as well :)
Where? It's not in my account (I have Vital Pro). The current 1.5.1 Early Access for Mac that I have available does not include a CLAP plugin.

I see a post on their forum that someone "found it" but they don't say where, and it's nowhere on the site that I can see.
If you click on "All downloads" it will show 1.5.1 if you have Pro (or a subscription. It's still an early access build which is why it's not shown by default on the main page.

mtytel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:28 am
exmatproton wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:19 pm early access of Vital 1.5.1 CLAP is available as well :)
Where? It's not in my account (I have Vital Pro). The current 1.5.1 Early Access for Mac that I have available does not include a CLAP plugin.

I see a post on their forum that someone "found it" but they don't say where, and it's nowhere on the site that I can see.
If you click on "All downloads" it will show 1.5.1 if you have Pro (or a subscription. It's still an early access build which is why it's not shown by default on the main page.
I manually extracted and installed 1.5.1 on my Apple Silicon MBP (installer requires Rosetta). There was no CLAP version in there.

Great project. :tu:

Maybe you should consider adding web targets as well. I'm currently looking into loading compiling CLAP plugins as WebAssembly and load them into hosts that run in a browser.

I don't know if this will ever be a thing but technically it should be possible and now all the licensing issues are out of the way too. There are already audio filters and "modular components" included in the streaming interfaces of modern browsers. It would be great to have CLAP as WebAssemby to be an official extension to this system at some point.

mtytel wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:28 am

This this Windows/Linux only? The Mac download has no CLAP plugin.

teilo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm This this Windows/Linux only? The Mac download has no CLAP plugin.
It's definitely there for Linux yeah:

Code: Select all

$ unzip -l VitalInstaller.zip 
Archive:  VitalInstaller.zip
  Length      Date    Time    Name
---------  ---------- -----   ----
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst3/
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst3/Vital.vst3/
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst3/Vital.vst3/Contents/
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst3/Vital.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/
 22742392  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst3/Vital.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Vital.so
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/vst/
 22575784  2022-06-21 13:22   VitalInstaller/lib/vst/Vital.so
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/clap/
 22593336  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/lib/clap/Vital.clap
        0  2022-06-21 13:24   VitalInstaller/bin/
 21842104  2022-06-21 13:20   VitalInstaller/bin/Vital
---------                     -------
 89753616                     12 files
Sucks the LV2 is gone though. Hope it'll return when vital moves to JUCE7 (and this time cross-platform please?)

teilo wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 pm This this Windows/Linux only? The Mac download has no CLAP plugin.
Ah I think the last build failed because I needed to re-sign apple contracts so I can notarize the installer. (happens every month or so)

Should work now I think

mtytel wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:41 pm
Ah I think the last build failed because I needed to re-sign apple contracts so I can notarize the installer. (happens every month or so)

Should work now I think
Ok, it's in the installer now.

It's pretty bugged out, though. In Bitwig, there's a major window issue. The plugin takes up only 1/4 of the window, and the window is 4X too big.

Full Bucket Music has just released one of its plugins .. in CLAP format 🙂

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/full-buck ... free-55263

- Mario

I guess we also need entries for supported CLAP features.
Bloo for instance seems to be a basic CLAP port without any support for the extended features.
That could become rather confusing for a while in CLAP land... :-)
Is there something in the specs to somehow let the user know what is supported and what not?
ATM it's rather hit and miss.

But great to see the growing support! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm I guess we also need entries for supported CLAP features.
Bloo for instance seems to be a basic CLAP port without any support for the extended features.
That could become rather confusing for a while in CLAP land... :-)
Is there something in the specs to somehow let the user know what is supported and what not?
ATM it's rather hit and miss.

But great to see the growing support! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cheers,

Tom
Are you talking about polyphonic modulation for instruments? Or other features? I'm not aware of anything else [in terms of new capabilities] that Clap really offers that I think warrants being called out separately other than that.

- Polyphonic Modulation (what parameters work, which don't).
- Non-Destructive Modulation.
- Host provided Microtuning.
- Thread Pooling (not as directly important for the user, but helps deciding which version to use).
Those are probably the most important.

In Bitwig, parameters that support Polyphonic Modulation are green, while Monophonic ones are blue.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:07 pm - Polyphonic Modulation (what parameters work, which don't).
- Non-Destructive Modulation.
- Host provided Microtuning.
- Thread Pooling (not as directly important for the user, but helps deciding which version to use).
Those are probably the most important.

In Bitwig, parameters that support Polyphonic Modulation are green, while Monophonic ones are blue.

Cheers,

Tom
If Teilo is up for it, then I'd support including that, but that would definitely add complexity for the site. If a developer didn't specifically call out the features were/were not included, then how would Teilo know which plugins included which features? And outside of thread-pooling, those features would only be applicable to instruments.

I'd be 100% fine with users having to sort that out themselves if Teilo didn't have the capacity to track that. With only a handful of CLAP plugins, it may not seem like a big deal now, but as the number of CLAP plugins increases dramatically, it could be a nightmare to track all that.

So, I think it's a good idea, but not absolutely necessary and of course would totally be up to Teilo.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:20 pm it could be a nightmare to track all that.
That is my point, it will become a nightmare for the users to track as well.
And I agree, why not leave it to Teilo to decide what to include? ;-)

Devs and Users could report these things here, so it shouldn't become too hard on him hopefully.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:35 pm
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:20 pm it could be a nightmare to track all that.
That is my point, it will become a nightmare for the users to track as well.

Devs and Users could report these things here, so it shouldn't become too hard on him hopefully.

Cheers,

Tom
While atm (and probably for a long time) this affects mostly Bitwig users only, doesn´t it?
For anybody else when clap is supported i.e. Reaper has already gave some preview about clap support but cannot make use of the polyphonic stuff anyway, it will make no difference at the end of the day...

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:35 pm That is my point, it will become a nightmare for the users to track as well.

Of course it's up to him! But have you ever heard the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the oil?" I'm just letting him know that as a user of his site, I'd be ok with him not including that info if it's burdensome. It's a "nice to have" for me and in no way a requirement.

Teilo will ultimately decide whether it's worth pursuing - it's his site. It's all good!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”