Erae Touch - All-around MIDI 2.0 controller?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BONES
Suspended
13896 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:58 pm

I just found this email in my Junk folder, from Embodme's head of communication and marketing -
Hello guys,

We understand your concerns, because they are ours too. This is why I am writing this.

Transparently, we understand the struggle for ETA, because we are as impatient as you are! But it is something we are trying to control and unfortunately cannot; as we do not manufacture the parts. There has been many delays because our manufacturer in China is still struggling with the shortage of parts and the pandemic, it takes more than 2 weeks for them for every package they receive to decontaminate, it's pretty bad over there and all their deadlines have been delayed to their clients as well.

Let's hope they will be able to send them asap as promised. We have updated our website a while ago into a "pre-order" state, until we receive the massive batch we requested.

As for the time being, we are pleased to do any requested refund until you guys can purchase again when we are fully back in stock again in a month or two, if that reassures your position in regards to your order. We fully understand your decision to do so.

There is nothing to hide on our end, but a passion for music technology. And as always, we like keeping you inside the loop with us.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but we are being as transparent as we can be.

We will keep you updated. We did not forget you and your support.
I'll be patient, I'm in no hurry and I appreciate them offering a refund.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, SEM, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

SLiC
KVRAF
9035 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:52 pm

Well, if you want one (and I do!) then you have no choice to be patient (same with Osmose)…hopefully soon, I’m on the notify list at Juno, a UK shop that’s going to stock them.
PC + S49, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

BONES
Suspended

Post Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:17 pm

I am far less patient for my new car and I know I won't get that before September, and possibly not until the end of the year. With the Erae Touch, I am buying it as much to support the company/product as anything else, and I've already done that by paying for mine. Actually getting it can wait.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win11(64), UR44C | Studio One | GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Olga, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, SEM, Thorn, Odyssey, Proclethya, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

SLiC
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:04 am

PC + S49, Studio One, BWS, Live (+PUSH2), FL Studio, Renoise, Reason, X32 Desk, Hardware Synths (Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8), A4 + RYTM, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

BONES
Suspended

Post Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:49 pm

Is there a more jingoistic mob than the French? Of course they had to use Pigments, it couldn't be anything from a German, British or American company. But it does look pretty damned cool.

Hink
Rad Grandad
37791 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:11 pm

BONES wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:17 pm I am far less patient for my new car and I know I won't get that before September, and possibly not until the end of the year. With the Erae Touch, I am buying it as much to support the company/product as anything else, and I've already done that by paying for mine. Actually getting it can wait.
I bought a new Sabaru Crosstrek in May, I was told it might be June but likely August...I can wait if it takes longer, not driving as much these days. I have a '16 Nissan Rogue now, got about 110,000 miles on it but unless I leave the ignition on or something stupid like that (did that last night :oops: ) it's pretty good to me still so if it takes a bit it does...I was told it might be a 2023 model.
Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary. ~Mark Twain.

BONES
Suspended

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:27 pm

I put two deposits down in April, one for a new Subaru BRZ and the other for its Toyota GR86 twin, and I'll take whichever one I can get first. I'm waiting for the rain to stop here, if it ever does, so I can get my current BRZ detailed and put it on the market. I don't know what it's like elsewhere, but right now the used car market here is out of control. Going by prices I've seen, I could probably get more that I paid for my car right now, even though I''ve had it for almost 5 years. Since I changed jobs a couple of months ago, it sits on the street Mon-Fri and I don't want to hold onto it until supply issues ease and prices drop. It's only got 39,000 km on it and I just spent a grand getting all the little parking lot dents and scratches taken out of it, so with a full detail it will look pretty much like new again.

Hink
Rad Grandad
37791 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Downeast Maine

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:29 pm

I'm trading my car in (and buying with cash), this will likely be my last car anyhow...:shrug:
Any emotion, if it is sincere, is involuntary. ~Mark Twain.

BONES
Suspended

Post Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:48 pm

Yeah. I am planning on this being my last ever car and, honestly, if the new model hadn't been such a solid improvement on the current one, I'd probably be sticking with the one I have. But if I update now, I'll have paid out the finance before I retire, so now is definitely the time.

BONES
Suspended

Post Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:26 pm

Mid July and no news from Embodme. Hopefully it won't be long now.

BONES
Suspended

Post Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:07 am

I just got an update from Embodme -

"Our manufacturers have started assembly and will start delivering your units in the coming 3-4 weeks hopefully. We just received news this morning. I thought you guys would want to stay in the loop."

Yee-ha!

SLiC
KVRAF

Post Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:52 am

Good news- I look forward to your review

mikeyfam1
KVRer
11 posts since 16 Jul, 2022

Post Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:36 am

Anyone using this regularly yet? Had a morph for a while but I wasn't a huge fan of performing on a flat surface. I assume this is a pretty similar experience? It seems to have more travel. Is it easy to map?

Naenyn
KVRian
958 posts since 26 Sep, 2013 from Arizona, USA

Post Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:40 pm

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 am So how does it feel? Compared to for example roli lightpad blocks?
Can anyone answer this? I've got a Lightpad Block SE and am very curious to know how the Erae feels in comparison.

SLiC
KVRAF

Post Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:56 pm

I’m not sure anyone actually has one yet, they seem to have parts/supply issues.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”