What are the Chord Progressions to Some Good or Well Known Trance Songs

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Look for very common chord progressions, e.g., I-IV-V. They're posted all over the net.

Most popular club songs I've heard don't seem to get too creative with chord progressions.

Trance: Agree with ghettosynth
Tarnce: The same chords as any other derivative bubblegum pop song over the last 50 years

there are tons of chord progressions out there but some useful ones in e.g. Am

F - G - Am - G
F - Am - G - G
Am - F - Em - Bm

but really the chord progression is not as important compared to your melodies or harmonics on top. The harmonics and melody can completely change the feel of a song that is in the same key and progression

here's a fun website to discover different chord schemes and the song that uses them as a reference.

http://www.hooktheory.com/trends

sjm wrote:Trance: Agree with ghettosynth
Tarnce: The same chords as any other derivative bubblegum pop song over the last 50 years
preach it brother

rockstar_not wrote:Replying to grab some links later at the music computer.

To the OP: don't be ashamed for asking this, regardless of other thread participants deriding you for asking.

If someone was just starting out with blues, they would ask - though blues chord progressions have been discussed ad nauseum for 50+ years. Not so much with electronic dance music. And there will always be snobs who look down their noses at this or any other type of music. But if you enjoy it, don't deny it.
THANK YOU!!! I knew there had to be someone out there that got why I was asking!

ghettosynth wrote:Am Am Am Am Am Am Am...

or, for the really emotional stuff

Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm...
ROFL, this made my day. You get the question right. The question is not stupid at all but reflects the biggest problem nowadays. Too much people making music w/o any musical knowledge. The same with questions like "what synth i should use for Psytrance or Skrillflex...".

My recommendation to all who like to make music > LEARN THE BASICS! Dont be lazy!

supermaneric wrote:there are tons of chord progressions out there but some useful ones in e.g. Am

F - G - Am - G
F - Am - G - G
Am - F - Em - Bm

but really the chord progression is not as important compared to your melodies or harmonics on top. The harmonics and melody can completely change the feel of a song that is in the same key and progression

here's a fun website to discover different chord schemes and the song that uses them as a reference.

http://www.hooktheory.com/trends
Nice Website, THX!

I felt like posting:

"Huh? They have chord progressions in trance music?"

But I did it anyway. Sorry about that.

wehkah wrote:

Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm...
ROFL, this made my day. You get the question right. The question is not stupid at all but reflects the biggest problem nowadays. Too much people making music w/o any musical knowledge. The same with questions like "what synth i should use for Psytrance or Skrillflex...".

My recommendation to all who like to make music > LEARN THE BASICS! Dont be lazy!
isnt asking questions how we learn?
and learning the music we enjoy is one way to get hooked.
eg look mom i can play smoke on the water!!

wehkah wrote:

Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm Dm...

Look I hear what you are saying, and I would much rather not make any music at all then make music that is poorly conceived and unintelligent. I think a lot of the posters on this page, such as yourself, are under the impression that I asked this
question with the intention of copying the chord progressions suggested in the responses into a song and calling it "original" music. I ensure this is not the case. My intentions are to put names to the musical ideas I hear over and over again in the Trance genre. Just as a small child would love to know how to describe the color green, but can't since he doesn't know that the color green is called "green".

As far as making music without at least taking the time to learn the fundamentals, I agree with you 100%. I have 7 plus years vocal training, which included theory and sight reading instruction, I also have many years of piano lessons under my belt, and though I'm not coordinated enough to play really well, all of the theory that goes long with piano is very much engraved in my mind. So I would say that I have done due diligence as far as learning music is concerned.

I've played sus ones in the middle positions this morning so let's rise the topic at least can contribute something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diHXdTwMCHQ
the really interesting parts start with the counter melody and the other goodies anyway (under copyright) personally I still struggling with proper emotion to chord conversion and transition between them (sad > hopeless > hope etc.) would be nice if able to learn from each other, no cheesy s*, please :party:

sure I know this
Perceived Correlation between Emotions and Interval
Harmonies
Interval Notes Emotion
Unison C/C Pleasing, peace
Octave C/C Pleasing, peace
Perfect fifth C/G Joy, triumph, courage
Perfect fourth C/F Excitement, contentment
Major third C/E Harmony, peace, joy
Minor sixth C/Ab Harshness, meanness, confusion
Minor third C/Eb Sadness, sorrow, annoyance, gloominess
Major sixth C/A Sweet, enjoyable, pleasing