Asper synth is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Asper

Well just want to let anyone who is interested in trying out my new experimental synth you can check and download it now.

Was trying to release it sooner but before I wanted to do some video preview and more presets. But I do not have time for it so I decided to release it anyway. Nothing special just small toy to play with. Not many presets, only those I made during making the track for KVR OSC.

I'm planning to create new plugin based on ensemble module used in this synth that was made based on my previous effect plugin https://www.kvraudio.com/product/stratum-by-vst-zone. I'm planning to add more controls and features and number of voices compared to module in Asper. Not sure when since I'm bit busy with life :lol:

More info and DL link here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/asper-by-zone-sk

Great, you are in :party:

So I can use this for begging too: just downloaded and tried, did a review already and am really excited especially as this has so clear and understandable gui and with all that randomn buttons in evry section, never seen something like this before :tu:

Only thing I am REALLY missing (now comes the begging :hihi: ) are the presets for that marvellous demosong, if you could add that as donwloadable preset bank that would be really a good thing to get me started especially as these are ALL sounds I am really loving :pray:

Looks amazing! Going to give it a try very soon.

Actually both of those are looking quite interesting. Thank you for sharing and most definitely will check them out.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

OOOOOH THAT FLUTE PRESET!!!!! What a beautiful sound. It is so much like a real flute - and then a string section fades in. I'm going to have so much fun with this beauty!

Looks like its worth checking out. GUI looks great and it’s scalable. Always an attraction. Well done 👍
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Will this be available for other operating systems?

tatanka wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:29 am Only thing I am REALLY missing (now comes the begging :hihi: ) are the presets for that marvellous demosong, if you could add that as donwloadable preset bank that would be really a good thing to get me started especially as these are ALL sounds I am really loving :pray:
Well all preset that were used in demo song are included. In demo track only panning and additional layering happen. Also lot of automation.

Asper is not kind of one key wonder synth. It is more about manual control of sound through the MIDI CC instead of using complex modulation. So some preset may not sound that great upon pressing single note.

I quickly recorded very short video where I play with one of the included preset. I start with single note then holding chord a then just controlling some parts with MIDI CC in real time just to show how different it can sound upon adjusting some knobs. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ohj7HAFHY
DRMR wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:28 pm Will this be available for other operating systems?
I'm sorry but answer is no.

Looks really cool! Unfortunately I'm on Mac so I can't try it out.

Hi. I'm curious, and this is not a request: Would it be very difficult to add a programmable XY Pad to morph between the four sound sources? I notice it can morph between two sound sources, which is great. Very handy for ethereal pads and ambient music,
Last edited by Boy Wonder on Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit.

wow downloading it now :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

TrojakEW wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:51 pm
tatanka wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:29 am Only thing I am REALLY missing (now comes the begging :hihi: ) are the presets for that marvellous demosong, if you could add that as donwloadable preset bank that would be really a good thing to get me started especially as these are ALL sounds I am really loving :pray:
Well all preset that were used in demo song are included. In demo track only panning and additional layering happen. Also lot of automation.

Asper is not kind of one key wonder synth. It is more about manual control of sound through the MIDI CC instead of using complex modulation. So some preset may not sound that great upon pressing single note.

I quickly recorded very short video where I play with one of the included preset. I start with single note then holding chord a then just controlling some parts with MIDI CC in real time just to show how different it can sound upon adjusting some knobs. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9Ohj7HAFHY
DRMR wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:28 pm Will this be available for other operating systems?
I'm sorry but answer is no.
:o

Wow, thats really impressive, thanks for the video and explanation :clap:

I would never have imagined that the included presets that I have tried out could produce this demosong. Expecially for getting these "ambience" I will have to look into what you did with the midicc modulation in the video.

So this seem to be more a realtime-play synth then one for using existing midi tracks (with is my usual workflow).

But this is really impressive and still I already got lots of interesting stuff simply playing round with the randomisers.

This is really an impressive synth in evryway :tu:

First spin with Asper, had a good time with it! :tu: :tu: :tu:

What interests me the most is the physical modeling yet this demo track below has none of that… :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... e-miniboss
Fusion

tatanka wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:32 pm I will have to look into what you did with the midicc modulation in the video.
You do not need to. In this short example there are only three controls that are controlled by MIDI CC. At beginning I'm just messing with Filter cutoff lfo speed through CC14. Later at the end I'm controlling layer morph and and filter cutoff directly through CC1.

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 pm First spin with Asper, had a good time with it! :tu: :tu: :tu:

What interests me the most is the physical modeling yet this demo track below has none of that… :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/yadrichik-chaya/ ... e-miniboss
Yeah, that physical modelling is incredible!

Return to “Instruments”