Overall: 7 7
30-Day: 1; 7-Day: 1; Yesterday: 1
Experimental synth combining wave table, subtractive, phase distortion and physical modeling for sound generation. Idea was to add humanization to the sound on oscillator level in order to simulate behavior of real world instrument where each hit is different. It is not trying to simulate sound behavior like in analog synth, but rather to simulate Round Robin.
Instead of complex modulation I decided to split wavelet OSC to two layers that each has it's own control. This way is you can easily control (for example) attack per velocity without assigning any modulation source. You can detune each layer, enable comb filter, enable pitch envelope or phase distortion to each layer individually. All blending control have individual shape setting for each layer or even inverse mode in order to have different amount or phase while using same MIDI CC or velocity.
- One wave table oscillator
- 118 wave tables that can be combined in multiple ways
- Comb filter for both wave table layers
- Advanced amplitude adjustment with break point control for better control
- Phase distortion for each wave table layer with 5 different shapes and it's own detune
- Mod section for Phase distortion with sync option
- One noise sub synth
- Round Robin simulation on oscillator level for both wave table and noise OSC
- Set blending mode based on velocity or control with assignable MIDI CC
- Ability to control shape for morphing, filter, FM amount starting from Exponential to Logarithmic
- Filter with parallel or serial mode
- Mod section for filter
- Shaper, two modes
- Portamento for mono with adjustable velocity level for triggering
- Vibrato module
- Interactive GUI with mouse over for each element that can be changed or adjusted
- Each control that have assignable MIDI CC have additional display for assigned controller
- All envelope controls have additional 6 quick sub presets to choose from
- Ensemble module for for unison or even reverb like simulation
- Simple soft clipper to prevent clipping that can be disabled
- Randomization for almost each subsection
- Simple preset manager
- One page with adjustable GUI scale, 80 up to 150%.
Example track made only using Asper synth with no additional external effect except some equalizing and volume maximizing.
Ladies and gentlemen, I go rarely to post feedback for plugins, but Asper deserve it. I want to react to very biased and uninformed review by Faydit posted on 11th August. Sir this is far from objective standpoint. I honestly disagree with everything you said. The plugin is very promising and has a lot of potential. The sound is very much ok, if you spend time to learn it. Full support for the plugin, cheers from Prague, rvrmnt.Read Review
At first glance a flexible Synth, but for me sounding much too cheap, flat, sterile and synthetic, no matter, which and how many knobs or sections I've tried to adjust or activate. I did not hear a single tone or voicing, which impressed me. Quite the opposite.
Unfortunately not my idea of outstanding or at least usable tones. So the question for me remains, who needs so many features and knobs, if not even the basic sounds are really convincing or in some way outstanding, so that they are worth some tweaking?
I gave Asper a chance, but these tones do not match my expectations at all.
No serious competitor for the wavetable and FM synths, which I usually use, for vintage analog based synth plugins anyway not. (Even without any "humanization", whatever this should be. Audible it was not for me.).
Could have more presets. Presets loading also lasts too long. No manual...
Yes fair review, only what I want to add is that Asper require human touch to make it sound different. It is really depended on automation and MIDI CC in order to give the sound some character. Like playing real instrument, where you need to really play it not just play it. So no matter what settings you choose it will sound as you mention lifeless. There is minimal features in this synth to make it sound awesome by just hitting single note. For this purpose you for sure need to look elsewhere.
I have tried this one out, and it works great...it is easy to get all kind of great sounds out of it. Another great work by zOne.sk.Read Review
This is a really great synth with not only good sound but really much thinking seem to have gone into the gui to make it as "clear" as possible.
As I am not that big sounddesigner I love especially the randomn button nearly in evry section, I dont think I have seen something like this before.
Only "downer" so far (which is why I only give 4 instead of 5) are the only few presets.
What I would really, really love to see is a preset bank added with the presets of that marvellous demo song (which makes me, next to the great devellopper "history" with lot of real gems) curious to test this out.
For the usual expert sounddesign user this will not be a problem, but as the song just got the sounds I really would like to get me started..... :-).
Since then I will do my best to get something going.....Read Review