Possible scam buyer! Using PayPal Friends & Family = NO PROTECTION if you get scammed

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bought UVI Toy Suite on Knobcloud. The seller from North Africa tricked me in this way:

1. Seller sends smaller license that needs an upgrade. (Toy Museum -> Toy Suite)
2. Buyer raises a Paypal conflict and requests part refund.
3. Seller promisses full refund when license gets sent back.
4. Buyer sends licenses back.
5. Paypal refunds part refund when closing conflict.
6. Seller refuses full refund.
7. Paypal conflicts can only be used once
=> Money is gone. :-(
If you plan on purchasing your first Universal Audio hardware, you can get a free additional plugin. Just send a PM.

Hi, im the seller and what happened is that i asked you to wait and TO NOT OPEN DISPUTE WITH Paypal so we can arrange that amicably, so what did you do ? you caused me the limitation of my Paypal account and my funds were locked for 180 days, i asked Paypal to full refund you but they just refunded you partially, and then i asked them again to refund you the rest but they told me that you need to contact them again or your bank, i can't give you back one of the software or refund you with my money, so while you opened conflict case with Paypal AND AGAIN YOU DIDN'T WAIT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM AMICABLY your problem is with Paypal and not me.

I assume that it is my mistake i didn't know there is an update upgrade but i had the intention to solve the problem amicably, so you limited my account Paypal (Paypal is very strict with third party countries) so i can do nothing for you, please go to your bank and ask a refund or contact Paypal.

Have a good day!

Hi!
I have bought some plugins here and luckily everything is fine so far.

Recently a seller asked me to buy him a Sweatwater gift card instead of paying with PayPal.

This looks suspicious to me. What do you think?

Thanks!

psioniks wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:18 pm Hi!

Recently a seller asked me to buy him a Sweatwater gift card instead of paying with PayPal.

Thanks!
Yes, how would you get a refund?

Blaster wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:27 pm

Thanks!
Yes, how would you get a refund?
Thanks, that's what I thought. I posted it so other people would be aware of this type of scam.

Delete

Thanks!
I think that would be a good way to get paid for me. Then no fees and I wouldn't have to worry about chargebacks. Although there is always the worry the gift card is purchased with a stolen credit card or something like that. I guess if someone wants to scam they will find a way.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I think we need more then ilok etc or for them to do more then just charge fees, the risks of selling are out of control

Update 2: from dear Robert Leuthner from Best Service - from his mail to me part only:
I´m still getting new reports of Blacklisted Codes..... :-(

I was in touch via mail with him for many days now, but licences are lost forever.
Its look like /Scammer fraud cheater - give him name as you wisch/ - bought many products from illegally credit card fraudster and than sell Kontakt libraries and Plugins it as new, trade it etc under many nick names, not only on KVR forum or Facebook plugins group...
Hope Sonuscore and Best Service catch him ASAP.
I lost 3 libraries in 1 week. All from Souscore/Best Service/

update 1: his alter ego on Facebook is Camille Martines and try to sell Elysion 2 and Symphobia 2 - beware.

BEWARE ID: raveandroses - who selling me Strings of Winter and Horns off Hell - today 6.7.2022 i lost from my BS account and NI account both libraries!!!! he was banned!!! Now im in touch with Best Service And Ni! They may have more nicks here BEWARE!!!
from Best Service now:
Hello Jaromir,

Unfortunately I have to tell you, that these licenses have been blacklisted by Sonuscore, because they were obtained illegally by a credit card fraudster in their shop.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / best regards
Robert Leuthner
Last edited by miracz on Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jie Luo wrote today
/ facebook Audio Plug-In Buy/Sell Marketplace /

<scammer alert > please do share this to expose this guy. He offered me eventide h9 bundle for $110 a month ago and I paid him right away (transfer fee included) . And that day he told me he didn’t exceed the 90 days so I have to wait for 20 days . Yesterday he didn’t have enough money to even pay the ilok fee and asked me to use my card to pay for it . When I asked for a refund he wouldn’t do it and tried to offer me other products or otherwise wouldn’t refund me.
These are the two fake accounts he has and maybe he had more and there’s already some bad experience with other people in forums .
HIs email is eitamshalom123@gmail.com
And i got his official ID card if you guys can help me get my money back . Thanks for your help 🙏🏻

-------------------------------------------------------
his new identity is Camille Matrinez / which was older ad now Eitam Shalom - very easy to look to group on fc and see fakes id profiles....
-------------------------------------------------------
Its very sad that they cheating again and again and its no chance now catch him... for now...

and they cheated me from same email here in kvr

I likely encountered a scam attempt today.

Summary of what happened:

- I posted a WTB U-He Zebra 2 for $120.
- The next day, seller contacted me telling me they have a Zebra license for sale at the exact price I offered on my WTB post. When I asked, "how come I never saw your Zebra listing on your FS thread", they told me they "don't use the license anymore", which implies the license they are selling is a registered license.

- I agreed to purchase, and asked for their PayPal so I can send the payment via G&S.
- the seller then instead asked for my PayPal so they can send me the payment request. Upon receiving the request, I noticed the request wasnt labeled as an invoice. This doesnt mean it's family and friends, but why was it necessary to send me a request when I already offered to send the payment directly?

- I told the seller that I either 1) pay the payment request AFTER the successful license transfer or 2) I use G&S directly through me and seller completes the transfer.
- of course, neither option is correct for the seller, so they did a legendary move: "I will send you the serial now, I am trusting you".

- at this point, I trustingly thought it would just be an innocent unregistered redeemable code, so I said "if the serial key works, I will pay you right away"
- when I saw the serial key, I hesitated, didn't follow through with activation, and asked "why did you tell me you dont use zebra anymore when you are trying to sell me an unregistered code. Shouldn't it be a license transfer thru U-He?" I also assured several times that the key was not used by me in any way, so if it is indeed legit, it would still be usable.

- seller's ridiculous excuse: "Basically I sent you the serial so you could use it now, and I will transfer officially tommorow, I have to contact, u-he and purchase a licence transfer token, it should take about a day. I need your email and name"
- then I reported the seller
- seller rages about my report, gets banned, and sends me two harassment emails from another email (that isn't the PayPal email). Thank you Moderator Dan (D.H. Miltz)

- I also confirmed with kind Thomas from U-He:

"Each license transfer has to be handled through our support system.

It makes absolutely no sense for the seller to send you his serial number, as that serial
is tied to this user. Once the license transfer is completed, you will receive your own serial number, tied to your user name.

If he is a legitimate owner of Zebra2, then he has to contact us to initiate a license
transfer. For this, he needs your name and your email address you want the license to be registered under.

I have not found any open license transfer requests for Zebra2 in our system, so this has
not happened yet."

This didn't happen on KVR but on KnobCloud. I offered to trade my Ableton 11 EDU license for aknes909's Bitwig license. The guy had trouble figuring out the edu stuff and offered to give me Bitwig for $50 and Pigments for $25. I did pay using goods and services. However, a KnobCloud admin warned me about the guy, and I was able to get aknes909 to give me refunds for both items.
The messages I received are pasted below:
Hello [Redacted]
I suppose you recently interacted with member aknes909.

he was banned multiple times due to his cyber activity patterns and because the licenses he offer most likely to be obtained from a fraudulent source

Members who bought from his other account already had reported license issues
~~~
A license transfer doesn't prove its legitimate source.
As it might be revoked at some later point in time.

These are just a few recent examples from other places
https://i.imgur.com/JTlmSSk.png
https://i.imgur.com/fGZbSoz.png

For security reasons, I'm unable to disclose all the red flags triggers
but you can be sure, considering all our information, his authenticity is seriously under question.
~~~
Back in 2020 friend of mine bought in KVR solid Tootrack bundle.
Shortly after purchase, he contacted support and successfully
validated license legitimacy.

After two years, he decided to transfer bundle content that included SD3 and Orchestral Percussion SDX, and suddenly, all the involved licenses were revoked. It turned out to be a loss of $350.

That's why we try to be very preventive and pay attention even
to small triggers.

Bitwig for $50 and Pigments for $25
right away you should know that is a scam, simple because of the price.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:44 am
Bitwig for $50 and Pigments for $25
right away you should know that is a scam, simple because of the price.
Yeah, it did sound too good to be true tbh. However, I thought that some sellers did not have enough experience and did not bother selling things for higher prices. The original price for Bitwig was $150 on KnobCloud. He offered $50 on Discord. The guy told me he was banned because he was selling too many plugins for cheap, but I am glad I heard an admin's side of the story.

Thanks for info!

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”