Vember Audio Surge is now open-source

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Surge XT The Sonic Transformation

OK, here is where I show my utter stupidity and ineptitude. How on earth do I route an LFO to the filter to create a filter sweep? I tried looking in the manual but it wasn't clear to me.

Set up filter1 to be a 24 dB lowpass, put cutoff to middle position,
click on LFO1 in the blue-section until it's green (armed), slide the cutoff-knob to the desired modulation amount, click again on LFO1, done.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:23 pm Congrats on the big release Surge Team! Great job! Incredible effort and collaboration.
+1 :clap: :clap: :clap:
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Chris-S wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:34 am Set up filter1 to be a 24 dB lowpass, put cutoff to middle position,
click on LFO1 in the blue-section until it's green (armed), slide the cutoff-knob to the desired modulation amount, click again on LFO1, done.
Awesome - thank you!

are the old patches available somewhere?

We've not removed any patches from the day it was open sourced. They are all in the installer.

in the osc section, particularly the Twist mode, some of the sliders are greyed out/doesn't do anything. Is that intended?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 am in the osc section, particularly the Twist mode, some of the sliders are greyed out/doesn't do anything. Is that intended?
Right mouse and you can enable them

baconpaul wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:51 am
Halonmusic wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:54 am in the osc section, particularly the Twist mode, some of the sliders are greyed out/doesn't do anything. Is that intended?
Right mouse and you can enable them
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

baconpaul wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:41 pm We've not removed any patches from the day it was open sourced. They are all in the installer.
We did remove a couple (at sound designer's request), and renamed a bunch, though. :)

SYNC
Normally when using (hard) sync the oscillator-timbre is changed but the tone frequency is stay'ing the same. Not so on Surge:
surgesyncbug.jpg
Tone is going down one octave. Is this intended or maybe a restriction of the implementation?
In case of using square waves I found a workaround: When using the Sub Osc (Sub Mix=100%) all is correct.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's just how internal sync oscillator has been implemented for Classic and Modern, I think.

yeah classic uses a half rate sync wave and we decided to be consistent in modern. I suppose we could make a sync deform option in modern which used a full rate sync wave though! (but we can't in classic for a fiddly reason i forget).

Is there an expected date for the next (bug fix only I guess) 1.1.x version?

I see some buglets have sneaked into 1.1.0 so I'd like to wait a bit until these are ironed out as well...

Thanks,
Mario

2-4 weeks, but take this with a grain of salt - we don't do deadlines! Don't be afraid to use Surge as is. There will always be bugs. These are not catastrophic.

Return to “Instruments”