Any chance for native Linux VST?

Official support for: cherryaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm moving to Linux and I'll probably be selling most of non-native plugins.

Any chance VM will get Linux port? I'd love to keep it! :pray:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I will never understand why anyone would move to Linux for music production.

Yes please!
Han

Me too.

Reefius wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:20 pm I will never understand why anyone would move to Linux for music production.
Why not?
Han

Reefius wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:20 pm I will never understand why anyone would move to Linux for music production.
It's a perfectly viable platform these days. If you want to use non-native plugs then it can get chewy but out of the box, distros like ubuntustudio work fine nowadays. I've used native reaper with native uhe synths to make complete tracks for instance. If you've invested heavily in sample libraries and ilok protected products etc then sure, bit of a masochistic choice for sure.

+1 for native Linux support.
Sure, there's VCV Rack on Linux that I do use, but being able to use VM and the standalone synths from Cherry Audio natively on Linux would be awesome.

Would love to see Linux support also to just add to the other voices.

Can't you just copy already OS authorized .dll's to the linux/vst setup?

I haven't tried it, but will be soon. I'm working on setting up an old server to run Reaper and my plugins.
My choice for now is AV Linux.

There are so many reasons a properly configured Linux machine should kill a regular OS machine.
Imagine all the useless processes running on a standard machine, most is detrimental to real-time audio performance.

Dirk Diggler wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:09 pm There are so many reasons a properly configured Linux machine should kill a regular OS machine.
Imagine all the useless processes running on a standard machine, most is detrimental to real-time audio performance.
The use of the word "should" is well chosen. I am not convinced that the actual realized benefits are quite as uniformly positive. At least at this stage. Factor in limited audio card driver and non existant DSP card support, plugin compatibility limitations and the platform has not quite achieved what some would consider its promise. My opinion only of course.

Well I plan on finding out! :)
Most of my peripherals have good linux support. Including my old midi IO.
DSP cards are not in my setup.

I have to give it a try, because it's there.

I know this is an old topic but wanted to let anyone know - all Cherry Audio stuff works perfectly in Linux (using wine and yabridge in my case). The only thing I haven't managed to get working with wine and yabridge is Voltage Modular which DOES work with Crossover.
A lot of non-Linux uses assume that "not supported" or "no Linux version" means it won't WORK. In reality most (not ALL) windows plugins work perfectly with no tweaking (except to run yabridge after first installing).

Scotty wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:23 pm
Dirk Diggler wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:09 pm There are so many reasons a properly configured Linux machine should kill a regular OS machine.
The use of the word "should" is well chosen. I am not convinced that the actual realized benefits are quite as uniformly positive. At least at this stage. Factor in limited audio card driver and non existant DSP card support, plugin compatibility limitations and the platform has not quite achieved what some would consider its promise. My opinion only of course.
audio interfaces are class compliant, and there is a sizeable ecosystem of natively running plugins, for DAWs you have Bitwig and Reaper. Most non-native plugins run with yabridge (Fabfilter, Soundtoys..) I have only ever made music on Linux, and didn't run into os-specific problems apart from a few cases (Elektron Overbridge is not supported on Linux).

I too would love native linux cherry audio plugins 🙂
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

audiojunkie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:43 pm I too would love native linux cherry audio plugins 🙂
Count me in on this also.
It would elevate my playing the CA plugins I own to actually using them in my productions.

Currently think of them as inexpensive cool little distractions to play with. But I'm steering away from using anything that doesn't play natively on all three platforms.
Since more and more servers are using Linux, it appears to me to be the future for those of us not willing to give up thought processes and system resources to the behemoths' control.

Return to “Cherry Audio”