Soundtoys 5.3.8 beta1 with VST3 support

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:25 pm
mothra wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:22 pm
VSKZ wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:40 pm Hopefully, Ableton will release a version that automatically updates VST2 to VST3 versions in older projects. I try to install only VST2 or 3...
That has absolutely nothing to do with the DAW. And yes Soundtoys did it right and kept the same plugin IDs.
The DAW does play a part because a bug was just reported with this not working with plugins that have a hyphenated name on Reaper, so a change was needed there to resolve it. So yeah...it's not entirely DAW-agnostic like you say.
That's an odd one, not a Reaper user so not sure what's up with that. They should be going by the internal plugin ID, not the name, maybe Reaper does things a little differently. So far everything has filled in where it should here in old projects in Ableton Live and Cubase.. I didn't bother installing the VST2s this time since Im a Mac/Cubase user primarily and everything has been smooth sailing so far.

Not all Daws use that, so yeah it definitely is not DAW agnostic.

The Repear thing I believe was just fixed on Reaper's end.

rsp
sound sculptist

VST3? Welcome to the year 2008, Soundtoys :lol:

I wrote Soundtoys support about my missing plugins like a month ago and never heard back. They even said to write them about this in a mailing. I was hoping to get a good upgrade price when they have the sale they announced but looks like that won't happen.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Effects”