Replacing 2Caudio Reverbs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using 2C'audio reverbs as my main software reverbs (I make Ambient Music) , however with the recent problems within the company it looks like they are most likely abandonware. Based on past experience I do not like to rely on software that is not being supported going forward. So now I'm looking for a reverb or set of reverbs to replace them. My favorite reverb from that package was B2 but I also used Aether a great deal as well. I'm thinking of rebuying the full set of Valhalla reverbs (which I sold to buy the 2c bundle) , but i was wondering if anybody here had any good ideas for a replacement other than those?

2Caudio Aether and especially B2 stand alone, IMHO. I can't recommend a replacement for either.

I wish those involved would get thier sht in order and get back on track. Maybe someone needs to step in and buy the whole thing from both parties, like Zynaptiq did to defuse the Architect BS...

2C people no need to re-litigate and post long diatribes here. we get it.

There are some great freebies that you should start with. OrilRiver and Supermassive cover a wide array of reverb use cases. Cloudseed is another cool ambient one and Tal Reverb for a plate like verb.

I went for Acon Verberate as a realistic reverb replacement. But I also like some others for the lo-fi or experimental stuff like polaris, raum, and some vintage type ones like the NI vintage verbs.

The Valhalla reverbs are the best ones available imo.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I wouldnt recommend Vallaha as a replacement for 2C reverbs, YMMV. I'd say LiquidSonic reverbs, at least for Aether. Maybe with Seventh Heaven and Cinematic Halls, or some other combo you could get a B2-ish sound. But in terms of reverb sound quality LiquidSonics is closest I can think to 2C. Your mileage will vary however. Demo before you buy.

plexuss wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:07 am I wouldnt recommend Vallaha as a replacement for 2C reverbs, YMMV. I'd say LiquidSonic reverbs, at least for Aether. Maybe with Seventh Heaven and Cinematic Halls, or some other combo you could get a B2-ish sound. But in terms of reverb sound quality LiquidSonics is closest I can think to 2C. Your mileage will vary however. Demo before you buy.
plexxus, what do you think of hyperspace? I been demoing that one and it seems very capable. https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... hyperspace
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:57 am
plexuss wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:07 am I wouldnt recommend Vallaha as a replacement for 2C reverbs, YMMV. I'd say LiquidSonic reverbs, at least for Aether. Maybe with Seventh Heaven and Cinematic Halls, or some other combo you could get a B2-ish sound. But in terms of reverb sound quality LiquidSonics is closest I can think to 2C. Your mileage will vary however. Demo before you buy.
plexxus, what do you think of hyperspace? I been demoing that one and it seems very capable. https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/au ... hyperspace
Yes Hyperspace is also a very capable reverb in terms of control and sound. I have been using it. I like it as a track reverb. I am more of than not using LiquidSonic reverbs on bussed (except Lusterous Plates which I find work better on track sends).

Another nice reverb, perhaps not as high class in sound quality as 2C, but with some nice character and control is eaReverb https://www.eareckon.com/en/products/ea ... ug-in.html

Oh, and other consideration is Fab Filter Pro-R. With the right filter controls it can give that deep dark B2 kind of sound. https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-r-reverb-plug-in YMMV.

It’s pretty amazing to consider that convolution reverb would be recommended to come close to Aether or even B2.

For the OP, is there any chance that you used Aether or B2 with a select number of either self-created or library presets?

The reason I’m asking is that I think the number of reverb plug-in alternatives grow when trying to recreate specific sounds you might use on a regular basis.

Aether to me was alway incredibly flexible (and oddly enough, there was some bickering between Sean from Valhalla and Andrew from 2Caudio about approaching UI). Aether is a do everything reverb with enough time tweaking settings which I think is one of things that might hold some back with it while obviously ValhallaDSP has a very different approach. Nothing wrong with either way IMO.

I have the same worry. I wish I didn’t. These are beastly tools that I wish would never go away.

reverb I can replace with excellent alternatives even if slightly different, Kaleidoscope not so much

I second the Acon Verberate and Eareverb recommendations

elxsound wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 am
It’s pretty amazing to consider that convolution reverb would be recommended to come close to Aether or even B2.

For the OP, is there any chance that you used Aether or B2 with a select number of either self-created or library presets?

The reason I’m asking is that I think the number of reverb plug-in alternatives grow when trying to recreate specific sounds you might use on a regular basis.

Aether to me was alway incredibly flexible (and oddly enough, there was some bickering between Sean from Valhalla and Andrew from 2Caudio about approaching UI). Aether is a do everything reverb with enough time tweaking settings which I think is one of things that might hold some back with it while obviously ValhallaDSP has a very different approach. Nothing wrong with either way IMO.

I have the same worry. I wish I didn’t. These are beastly tools that I wish would never go away.
You take what you can get. I dont fuss too much about whether a reverb is convolution or algo based. LiquidSonics sounds pretty algo to me. I think all the other I suggested are algo. Granted about convolution but LiquidSonics uses a kind of dynamic convolution tech in some of their verbs. But I find when reverbs are mixed into the track I dont find myself thinking of convolution reverbs differently than algo in terms of sound. My failing perhaps. YMMV

I'm mainly using Tai Chi, Relab LX480 Complete and Sonsig - all great reverbs but none can fully replace B2 or even Breeze 2 (however that one is still working ok until I go AS at least)

plexuss wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:45 am
elxsound wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:17 am

You take what you can get. I dont fuss too much about whether a reverb is convolution or algo based. LiquidSonics sounds pretty algo to me. I think all the other I suggested are algo. Granted about convolution but LiquidSonics uses a kind of dynamic convolution tech in some of their verbs. But I find when reverbs are mixed into the track I dont find myself thinking of convolution reverbs differently than algo in terms of sound. My failing perhaps. YMMV
I meant nothing personal, and definitely don’t see any failing on your part (or anyone else). I just meant that 2Caudio knocked it out the park. With convolution, you have the luxury of sampling things that already sound great and I don’t mean to oversimplify the work LiquidSonics put into it. Andrew and Denis put together very capable reverb plugins that IMO could compete with many of those real spaces and real hardware. My opinion of course.
It’s another reason I wish their relationship hadn’t deteriorated so badly.

plexuss wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 am 2Caudio Aether and especially B2 stand alone, IMHO. I can't recommend a replacement for either.

I wish those involved would get thier sht in order and get back on track. Maybe someone needs to step in and buy the whole thing from both parties, like Zynaptiq did to defuse the Architect BS...

2C people no need to re-litigate and post long diatribes here. we get it.
Some of us have no clue what anyone is talking about so perhaps some relitigation wouldn't be so bad.

Return to “Effects”