Ableton Push support is here

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

mityaflow wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:29 am Hi bitwigers and hi Moss. Thank you for the big work for us, it is greatful, and I think it must be has a cost!
I could not find a donate button on your website :(
That's intentional :-) It is all free.
mityaflow wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:29 am And I have one problem with appearance of parameters for vst plugins on Push 2.
I can't see any parameters on display and can't change it via knobs also.
I speak about vst plugins only and this goes for some plugins.
For example : I see parameters for Absynth 5 but I see only one page. I don't understand how I can change pages for that?
I don't see any parametrs for Driver (by Native Instruments) and how I can find it?
May be exist the video about control vst plugins via marvelous DrivenByMoss ?
Here you go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeK9cGfNDeo

I can't seem to get any velocity response with Push 2. Am I missing something obvious? Aftertouch works fine with, for example, Pigments patches but I can't get any velocity with any synths. Am I right in thinking velocity should work automatically... without having to set any expressions up?

fireapplered wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:51 am I can't seem to get any velocity response with Push 2. Am I missing something obvious? Aftertouch works fine with, for example, Pigments patches but I can't get any velocity with any synths. Am I right in thinking velocity should work automatically... without having to set any expressions up?
Make sure that the Accent button is Off. I prefer the DrivenByMoss thread :-)

moss wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:20 am
fireapplered wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:51 am I can't seem to get any velocity response with Push 2. Am I missing something obvious? Aftertouch works fine with, for example, Pigments patches but I can't get any velocity with any synths. Am I right in thinking velocity should work automatically... without having to set any expressions up?
Moss, thank you so much. I hadn't noticed it was on as it's usually off by default when I open Ableton.

fireapplered wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm
Moss, thank you so much. I hadn't noticed it was on as it's usually off by default when I open Ableton.
Many states (incl. this) are stored between sessions. See the Push settings in the controller section.

moss wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:24 pm
fireapplered wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 pm
Many states (incl. this) are stored between sessions. See the Push settings in the controller section.
Insane levels of customisation. Thanks, Moss, much appreciated.

Hi Moss,

I'm getting some random behaviour when trying to control devices. For example last night i worked out that to get to the pages i created for a device, i need to press the button twice below the plug i want to control. Today, i need to press the 5th button on the second row down to see the pages but then, when i press one of the top row buttons to access that bitwig remote page, it jumps out of that display to something else?

Edit: Don't worry, i turned it off and back on and it's working how it was working before now :hihi:

I have some other questions since i'm here though, i'll make a separate post :tu:

Hi Moss,

These are a few things i was hoping i could get some help with?

1) how do you go back to the start of a track from push?
2) how do i see the time of the track in mins/secs in push? I can see the touch sensitive encoder under the metronome shows the bars, is it possible to have an option to show the time?
3) how do i expand a folder from push so i can mix parts without going back to the mouse?
5) is it pos to change the colours on the repeat/arp section so its clear what's on and what's off for latch, use pre, sync and shuffle? I find the colours a bit confusing, maybe white or red when off and green when on would be helpful?

Many thanks for all your work, this is dope 👍

Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 1) how do you go back to the start of a track from push?
Quickly press to play button twice.
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 2) how do i see the time of the track in mins/secs in push? I can see the touch sensitive encoder under the metronome shows the bars, is it possible to have an option to show the time?
Currently not implemented but will add it to the wishlist.
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 3) how do i expand a folder from push so i can mix parts without going back to the mouse?
You can open/close a group with Shift+button below group (group needs to be already selected).
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 5) is it pos to change the colours on the repeat/arp section so its clear what's on and what's off for latch, use pre, sync and shuffle? I find the colours a bit confusing, maybe white or red when off and green when on would be helpful?
Will check.

moss wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:31 am
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 1) how do you go back to the start of a track from push?
Quickly press to play button twice.
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 2) how do i see the time of the track in mins/secs in push? I can see the touch sensitive encoder under the metronome shows the bars, is it possible to have an option to show the time?
Currently not implemented but will add it to the wishlist.
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 3) how do i expand a folder from push so i can mix parts without going back to the mouse?
You can open/close a group with Shift+button below group (group needs to be already selected).
Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:20 pm 5) is it pos to change the colours on the repeat/arp section so its clear what's on and what's off for latch, use pre, sync and shuffle? I find the colours a bit confusing, maybe white or red when off and green when on would be helpful?
Will check.
:tu:

Hi Moss,

Can you let me know how to select devices inside containers like the chain and drum machine devices please? I'm on a push 1.

Many thanks

Bobby L'Avenir wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:05 am Hi Moss,

Can you let me know how to select devices inside containers like the chain and drum machine devices please? I'm on a push 1.

Many thanks
Should be the 4th button in the 2nd row.

Return to “Controller Scripting”