bkFX v0.8.0 - Free Effects Suite - NEW down-/upward compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dont forget to put Imaginando's DLYM on there, too!
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Your plugins fail to load on Linux (Debian "Bookworm") with an error: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.35' not found

Debian Bookworm is still on libc 2.33, and that's the testing version of Debian (rolling release). Please consider building the Linux version with an earlier libc.

To support also the current Debian release version ("stable"), please build with libc 2.31. Libraries are generally downward compatible, but not upward...

So basically if you not a CLAP person u can stick to 0.6.1?

k2006 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:33 am hi cyrb,
Out of 32 free plugins I'm comparing, this one is easily in the top 5.
so other top free chorus you would recommend? :)
Here were the results of my testing:

Top 5
1. bkChorus
2. TAL Chorus LX (its stereo widening is just too good)
3. OSL Chorus
4. Acon Digital Multiply / JBRPlugins JBR Chorus (tie)
5. Imaginando DLYM

Honorable mentions:
* Blue Cat Chorus (ranked pretty high, has stereo widening)
* Bigtick Hexaline (very unique chorus effect, subtle but effective)
* kHs Chorus (was above average)
* DeadDuck Chorus (was above average)
* HY-Plugins HY-Chorus (slightly above average, perhaps not for everyone)
* Mercuriall Chorus WS-1 (good for richness of guitars or mono stuff, but not great for synths)
* BetabugsAudio MonstaChorus (has a very specific flavor, with tremolo, not for everyone, best on guitars)
* Sender Spike Modul8 or BabyAudio Magic Switch (for synthwave / lo-fi stuff, dark and pitch drifty chorus)

thanks,mabian,EL°HYM,cyrb for your chorus suggestions

Stiller wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:18 amTo support also the current Debian release version ("stable"), please build with libc 2.31. Libraries are generally downward compatible, but not upward...
Thanks for the report. Will add compatibility with libc 2.31 in future builds

hlmst wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:26 am So basically if you not a CLAP person u can stick to 0.6.1?
Basically, yes

Update
0.7.1 Beta (2022-07-13)
  • Fix CLAP compatibility
  • Linux: fix compatibility with major distros (e.g. Debian Stable, Ubuntu 20.04)
  • CLAP: enable parameter modulation
Download
bkFX 0.7.1 Beta Windows CLAP
bkFX 0.7.1 Beta Windows VST3
bkFX 0.7.1 Beta Linux CLAP
bkFX 0.7.1 Beta Linux VST3

"Linux: fix compatibility with major distros (e.g. Debian Stable, Ubuntu 20.04)"

Beautiful! Thank you! I'll have to check this out on Fedora! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Update
0.7.2 Beta (2022-08-08)
  • CLAP: fix potential crash
  • CLAP: allow editing value by text input (if host supports this)
Download
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Windows CLAP
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Windows VST3
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Linux CLAP
bkFX 0.7.2 Beta Linux VST3

Thank you again for the Linux support!!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

karrikuh wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:15 pm Update
0.7.2 Beta (2022-08-08)
Thank you :tu:

Love your plugins BK! d=:)

However, I've got a little bug report regarding Linux compatibility. In Debian Linux 10 I only get Erosion and Frequency Splitter VST3 to appear in Reaper 6.66. It is progress though, because this is the first time I get any of your plugins appear in Linux Reaper [since 1.7.1]. Could be that Debian 10 uses some older version of libs your plugins need. Interesting that these two work. You'll probably know what's up. :)

Reaper is getting CLAP support soon, so I'll give the CLAP versions a go, but I doubt they're gonna work since you probably used same newer libraries for compiling. I do use [very sparingly] a W7 laptop on the side so I can run your plugins there. ;) Thank you!

edit: Thanks to xwindows debugger, I found out that your plugins look for GLIB C Library version 2.29 to run. Here's the line for bkChannelTool.so:
swell: dlopen() failed: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.29' not found (required by /home/******/.vst3/bkFX/bkChannelTool.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/bkChannelTool.so)

Debian 10 comes with 2.28.10 installed and 11 comes with 2.31. I know I'm going to have to update at some point ;). How come Erosion and Frequency Splitter don't use the same C library as your other plugins? Weird.
Last edited by DuX on Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:06 pmedit: Thanks to xwindows debugger, I found out that your plugins use GLIB C Library version 2.29 to run. I have 2.28.10 installed. How come Erosion and Frequency Splitter don't use the same C library as your other plugins? Weird.
Right, the plug-ins are built for compatibility with Debian 11. Those two effects just don't make use of any symbol introduced in glibc 2.29, that's why they run fine in older Debian.

Thank you for clearing it up, Karrikuh! I don't like unresolved mysteries. Well, who does? :lol:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Effects”