HoRNet AnalogStage MK2 released

Official support for: hornetplugins.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

HoRNet AnalogStage MK2 is a console emulation plugin that re-creates those sound characteristics usually associated with analog gear (saturation, hiss, non linear frequency response, etc.) and can be used to bring to your mix some analog console flavor if used on every channel or buss.

AnalogStage simulates the response of three different types of analog technology: operational amplifiers (the cleanest and more modern technology), transistor (the discrete transistor designs were popular in the 70s and have some fat saturation) and tube (the dynamic and smooth saturation of the past) both Transistor and Tube modes includes an advanced transformer emulation since that component is an integral part of te sound of that era.

HoRNet AnalogStage MK2 is available now for just 19,99€ and you can try out the demo before buying, we also offer you a complete refund within 15 days from purchase if you don't like the plugin. If you own the previous version of AnalogStage you can upgrade to the new MK2 for just 2,99€

For more information please visit: https://www.hornetplugins.com/plugins/h ... stage-mk2/

Hi
Version 1.0.1 made VST3 stop working in Cakewalk by bandlab. version 1.0.0 worked fine. VST2 version works normally
UPDATE:
in both VST3 and VST2 versions when trying several times to assign the functions to the group or to all it crashes the DAW.
The most stable version with CbB at the moment (in every sense) is VST3 1.0.0...
Last edited by @tata_arias on Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hi,
I can also confirm the VST3 is not working in Ableton 11 under Windows 10, VST2 works fine and 1.0.0 both worked fine.

We have just updated AnalogStage MK2, the new 1.0.2 version is a maintenance release and includes:

Fixed VST3 not passing audio in some DAWs
Fixed output compensation not working for mic mode
Fixed crash when clicking outside the right click edit menu
Fixed group lights indicators not being visible in some DAWs

The update is free for owners of the plugin and can be downloaded with HoRNet DoIn or from the user area on https://www.hornetplugins.com

The upgrade (1.0.2) is working fine here, at least for the moment!
Thank you very much!

Thank you, great customer support. The new version works fine for me too.

When I reload a project, AnalogStage 2 doesn't seem to recongize the input volume setting until I tweak the knob again - then it immediatly responds. Just spent a few hours wondering why my mix sounded so dead :( I've also tried setting the input level through automation, but that doesn't do anything. I'm using Ableton Live 11 and 1.0.3 of the plugin.

Nic

This is a fantasic plugin. The previous version was kind of ok. This is on another level and would surely be priced much higher if it had been from another dev.

nickachu wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:35 am When I reload a project, AnalogStage 2 doesn't seem to recongize the input volume setting until I tweak the knob again - then it immediatly responds. Just spent a few hours wondering why my mix sounded so dead :( I've also tried setting the input level through automation, but that doesn't do anything. I'm using Ableton Live 11 and 1.0.3 of the plugin.

Nic
Yes we already had a couple of bug reports like this in Live, is this with the VST or VST3 version?

Saverio

JohanBq wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:22 pm This is a fantasic plugin. The previous version was kind of ok. This is on another level and would surely be priced much higher if it had been from another dev.
Thank you very much :) we try to have democratic pricing to allow everyone access to our plugins :)

Saverio

I just got this plugin, sounding great. However I have a small issue, I constantly trigger the "type in value box" when I going to change the value since I am so used to putting my mouse cursor in the middle of a knob. This is a 20+ year habit which will be hard to change.

I know I have other HoRNet plugins that behaves he same way so not sure why it's such a issue with this plugin, perhaps because there's more tweaking and buttons to jump between than the others, not sure.

Either way, just wanted to give some feedback and hope you would consider another approach like have the Value Box to be double click and reset value to be click+Alt or Ctrl...or the other way around.

With that said, it's not a deal breaker by any means, I'll probably start mapping the buttons to Reaper instead of using the UI or perhaps go to No GUI mode.

Also, while I'm here... I would love to se the HoRNet plugins to fully support custom color settings of all GUI elements. Think that would be a popular feature.

Kr3eM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:40 am I just got this plugin, sounding great. However I have a small issue, I constantly trigger the "type in value box" when I going to change the value since I am so used to putting my mouse cursor in the middle of a knob. This is a 20+ year habit which will be hard to change.

I know I have other HoRNet plugins that behaves he same way so not sure why it's such a issue with this plugin, perhaps because there's more tweaking and buttons to jump between than the others, not sure.

Either way, just wanted to give some feedback and hope you would consider another approach like have the Value Box to be double click and reset value to be click+Alt or Ctrl...or the other way around.

With that said, it's not a deal breaker by any means, I'll probably start mapping the buttons to Reaper instead of using the UI or perhaps go to No GUI mode.

Also, while I'm here... I would love to se the HoRNet plugins to fully support custom color settings of all GUI elements. Think that would be a popular feature.
Thank you for your comments, I'll see if I can come up with something different, basically the knobs work like this because I like to type in my starting points and then do small tweaks with the knobs so it's faster for my workflow to just lick on the text type something and them slightly move the mouse and do small adjustments :)

Saverio

I understand, it was not an issue before when the valuebox was placed under the knob.

Personally I would argue that objectivly it takes more of an cognitive effort to move the mouse to the outline of the knob than within the outline, it also makes it more of concentration task to avoid the numbers and the invisible valuebox.

Even if it becomes a habit eventually it still takes more energy and effort since the cognitive load is still higher with "click on or near the outline without hitting the invisible valuebox" compared to "click within this circle" regardless if the user will or can descern it or not.

Anyway, thanks for listening, I shall shut up now :D

no really every suggestion is welcome so if you have more just let me know.

Saverio

Return to “HoRNet Plugins”