[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

moss wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:55 pm ConvertWithMoss 5.1 is out!
  • New: WAV files are added as destination format e.g. in case you only want to extract WAV files from SF2 files.
  • New: Store WAV ending in lower-case when converted from MPC Keygroups.
  • Fixed: (Bitwig) Multisample files must not be compressed for faster access. Bitwig can also handle compressed files but other hosts supporting the format might fail. If you created Multisample files with this converter, simply run a new conversion on them with Multisample as source and destination to fix the issue.
  • Fixed: Created (Bitwig) Multisample metadata file contained wrong group indices (off by 1).
Enjoy!
Thanks for the fix moss! I ran into some issues with multisamples created with your tool in the last beta, amazing how fast you and Bitwig fixed it :)

EDIT: I just tried to fix a few existing Bitwig multisamples created with an earlier version of ConvertWithMoss, and got the following error for all of them - any ideas?

"Unsupported <sample> attributes: parameter-1, parameter-2, parameter-3"

Hez wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:40 pm
  • New: WAV files are added as destination format e.g. in case you only want to extract WAV files from SF2 files.
  • Fixed: (Bitwig) Multisample files must not be compressed for faster access. Bitwig can also handle compressed files but other hosts supporting the format might fail. If you created Multisample files with this converter, simply run a new conversion on them with Multisample as source and destination to fix the issue.
  • Fixed: Created (Bitwig) Multisample metadata file contained wrong group indices (off by 1).
Enjoy!
Thanks for the fix moss! I ran into some issues with multisamples created with your tool in the last beta, amazing how fast you and Bitwig fixed it :)

EDIT: I just tried to fix a few existing Bitwig multisamples created with an earlier version of ConvertWithMoss, and got the following error for all of them - any ideas?

"Unsupported <sample> attributes: parameter-1, parameter-2, parameter-3"
That's just a warning that these parameters cannot be converted.

Cool!

Hi!
Where can I find a Windows installer?
thanks
Enjoy!

zaphod betamax wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:53 pm Hi!
Where can I find a Windows installer?
thanks
https://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Con ... hMoss.html

Thanks!

Hello moos,

I used your nice tool recently for some already SFZ converted Akai sounds and all was done very nicely with your tool. Thank you so much!

What's missing now is a tool that lets me batch process the Bitwig multisamples to add a category and some tags to a selection of multisamples at once. Since ConvertWithMoss can convert Bitwig multisample to multisample, I think this could be a nice and not so hard to implement addition to the converter.

What do you think of this feature request: a way to select a category and add tags that were added during conversion :?:

E.D.L. wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:23 am Hello moos,

I used your nice tool recently for some already SFZ converted Akai sounds and all was done very nicely with your tool. Thank you so much!

What's missing now is a tool that lets me batch process the Bitwig multisamples to add a category and some tags to a selection of multisamples at once. Since ConvertWithMoss can convert Bitwig multisample to multisample, I think this could be a nice and not so hard to implement addition to the converter.

What do you think of this feature request: a way to select a category and add tags that were added during conversion :?:
It might not be that obvious but you can already do this.
ConvertWithMoss guesses category tags from the name of the SFZ file. E.g. "Warm Pad" will get the tag "Pad". If you enable "Prefer folder name" it will use the name of the parent folder as input. Same works for keyword tags. E.g. if you put your Piano SFZs in a folder named "Acoustic Piano" it will be categorized as "Piano" and get a tag "acoustic". For creators you can even give a list of tags to look for. I (mis-)use this e.g. to create banks of the synths I sampled (e.g. "01/W", Matrixbrute, ...).

Hello @moss. I'm the developer of Unify by PlugInGuru, and as @tony10000 just suggested, I'd love to have a go at adapting ConvertWithMoss to generate our specific SFZ dialect, but I don't have any experience building Java apps for Mac + Windows. Could you please advise how to get started? Either here on by PM is fine. Thank you in advance, best wishes, -shane.

@moss
Any update on the possibility of converting to PlugInGuru Unify format? (see messages above)

tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:44 am @moss
Any update on the possibility of converting to PlugInGuru Unify format? (see messages above)
I was in touch with them and the idea is to improve the Unify SFZ import, which should not be too hard to do. But I cannot tell you if or when this will happen.

moss wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:59 am
tony10000 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:44 am @moss
I was in touch with them and the idea is to improve the Unify SFZ import, which should not be too hard to do. But I cannot tell you if or when this will happen.
That is really good news! I love using your tool much better than the other options out there.

ConvertWithMoss 5.2 is online!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de

Changes:

* New: Added support for trigger type (attack, release, first, legato) for SFZ, Decent Sampler, MPC Keygroups (only attack and release on instrument).

Enjoy!

Thanks! This is a very useful opcode! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”