Excessive logging with 13207 beta versions of synths

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been trying out the new CLAP versions of Hive and Diva (in Reaper's recent dev builds), and I just happened to notice my /var/log/syslog was full of countless messages like this:

Code: Select all

Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: Note Released: Channel 0 Note 51 (D#4)
Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: Note Released: Channel 0 Note 63 (D#5)
Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: Note Released: Channel 0 Note 77 (F6)
Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: CLAP_EVENT_NOTE_END D#4 0
Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: CLAP_EVENT_NOTE_END D#5 0
Sep 21 15:26:26 normandy cockos-reaper.desktop[5154]: CLAP_EVENT_NOTE_END F6 0
I also tried out Odin 2's CLAP version and didn't see similar messages, so it looks like this might be an issue with the U-he plugins specifically?

EDIT: I initially thought this was an issue with the CLAP versions specifically, but I just did a little more testing and it looks like the VST3 versions are also logging 'Note Released' messages. So I'm assuming it's an issue with the 13207 builds in general.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

Those a beta versions, they will naturally be logging some more things than a release version.
Those note logs are important in case a user trips over some stuck notes.
We've been debugging a few cases of such stuck notes lately, and this logging helps with that.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

OK, I get that. Logging every single note just seemed a little excessive to me, so I was wondering whether it was a debugging feature that had been left on by accident, or something. But if it's intentional I guess I have to live with it.
Artist name Ben Enkindle. I make electronic music with Linux software.

it's only in the beta version, as it's important for debugging right now
it will be removed once we get a release version
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he Linux support”