Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mgw38 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:08 am The one thing that is always pulling my leg are the inconsistencies between the contextual menus in the track list view and the mixer view. The contextual menu in the mixer view only allows you to add channels. If you want to add a track you need to use the contextual menu in the track list window. Makes some sense. However, the contextual menu in the track list view allows you to add channels. So, I can add channels in both contextual menus, but tracks only through the one in the track list view. This constantly throws me off. There are a lot of these little UI inconsistencies all over the place.
But a track is not the same as a channel. A mixer only has channels. Tracks go to a channel. So it doesn't make sense to be able to create tracks in the mixer view.

Creating a new track with a new channel makes sense though. I don't think this is inconsistent, it saves time/clicks if you'd need to do this separate.

Blaster wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:16 am
mgw38 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:08 am The one thing that is always pulling my leg are the inconsistencies between the contextual menus in the track list view and the mixer view. The contextual menu in the mixer view only allows you to add channels. If you want to add a track you need to use the contextual menu in the track list window. Makes some sense. However, the contextual menu in the track list view allows you to add channels. So, I can add channels in both contextual menus, but tracks only through the one in the track list view. This constantly throws me off. There are a lot of these little UI inconsistencies all over the place.
But a track is not the same as a channel. A mixer only has channels. Tracks go to a channel. So it doesn't make sense to be able to create tracks in the mixer view.

Creating a new track with a new channel makes sense though. I don't think this is inconsistent, it saves time/clicks if you'd need to do this separate.
This is what S1´s keyboard shortcuts and macros are for... why bothering with any context menus if the functionality is already there since ages... just a bit different...

mgw38 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:08 amThe one thing that is always pulling my leg are the inconsistencies between the contextual menus in the track list view and the mixer view. The contextual menu in the mixer view only allows you to add channels. If you want to add a track you need to use the contextual menu in the track list window. Makes some sense. However, the contextual menu in the track list view allows you to add channels. So, I can add channels in both contextual menus, but tracks only through the one in the track list view. This constantly throws me off. There are a lot of these little UI inconsistencies all over the place.
I just click the "+" button in the main window or drag an instrument from the browser to create both at once but I don't see an option to create a new channel anywhere outside the mixer view. Even in the Mixer, you can only create aux and fx channels. I assume it's so you don't end up with channels that have no input.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Are S1 potentially going to announce clap compatibility?
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Potentially, yes. Realistically, I don't think so. It'll be way down the list of priority.

IMO clap compatibility in S1 will happen within year.

kev2525 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:27 pm Are S1 potentially going to announce clap compatibility?
Since it seems easy to implement Clap-support I would be surprised if it wouldn't be included in either 6.0 or at least an early 6.x update . They're agilists over at Presonus Software.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I wouldn't mind clip looping , the only other program I have that also does it is loomer Architect .
Its fun to get ideas going ,it's up to the user if they want to take it further from there or remain in the loop view and never get anything finished :lol:
One thing is sure , it will be a bug ridden festspiele from the beginning , good luck to the early adopters :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I agree with those who think CLAP support will be introduced in Studio One 6.0, or shortly thereafter in the first or second point release.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I would like to have reusable automation clips in Studio One, similar to what is possible in FL Studio, where you can create a clip of automation (with a distinctive shape) and then re-use it over and over by stamping a new copy of the shape on the same track or another track. You can almost do something similar in Studio One now, by copying a section of automation points and then pasting it down elsewhere in the automation lane, but it's messy to move around and you cannot drag it out to a different automation lane on the same track or other tracks (for the purpose of reusing the set of automation points). Over time, you can build up a nice little library of specialized automation clips/shapes that you can use over and over again between projects.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

You can just copy and paste the automation in Studio One already. And you can also duplicate parts with their automation, including blank parts with no MIDI note data, which sounds very similar to what you want.

What Studio One most desperately needs is the ability to reassign existing automation to a new destination.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Fl Studio is really ahead of the game in terms of automation. It's the one thing I miss when I switched over a decade ago... which means Fl studios automation from a decade ago is still ahead of every DAW today. Automation clips aside, the automation shape manipulation in Fl was really neat.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:35 pm I wouldn't mind clip looping , the only other program I have that also does it is loomer Architect .
Its fun to get ideas going ,it's up to the user if they want to take it further from there or remain in the loop view and never get anything finished :lol:
Studio One already has this. Set the start and end markers and activate the loop button. Done.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Vintage King dropped the product pages by mistake, here's the google cache versión:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=es (https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:EsGPD4uLE0sJ:https://vintageking.com/software/presonus-studio-one-6-professional-electronic-delivery&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=es)

NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser

Vintage King dropped the product pages by mistake, here's the google cache version:

NEW Customizable user interface: Show or hide essentially every user interface tool and function with the new Customization Editor.
NEW Smart Templates: Smart Templates provide essential toolsets for the tasks at hand from basic recording to mixing stems, mastering an album to setting up a live show
NEW Global Lyrics Support: Add lyrics to your scores, songs, productions, and live performances with the all-new global Lyrics Track
NEW Global Video Track: The all-new global Video Track provides an intuitive video workflow thanks to the familiar drag and drop functionality that made Studio One famous
NEW Track Presets: Store every aspect of a given track or channel for instant recall, even for multiple selected tracks/channels
NEW Advanced Collaboration with PreSonus Sphere: Studio One 6 deepens the integration between your desktop application and your PreSonus Sphere Workspaces with convenient sharing options and built-in sync options right from the Studio One Browser

If thats all, im really disappointed.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”