SILO - spatial reverb from Unfiltered Audio / PA

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

WasteLand wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:22 pm
emulator01 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:20 pm Hi all,

I just purchased SILO but I am not able to access the factory presets. Are there any presets included?
I am on Windows 11 with Cubase 11PRO and SILO was installed as VST3.

Any ideas from your side?

Thanks
Frank
it seems a common problem with the latest PA installers, installers you can get from the website. also older versions, i believe, the will have the presets.

(but Silo and presets... well... my way of working... nevermind...)
Wow. Thank you very much for the trick. Had to install first the old version and than the latest one. All fine now.

Just got Silo with the HAPPY49 coupon today for 25$ total along with DS tantra 2. Been wanting to buy it since it came out, really excited!

j-unit wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:45 pm Just got Silo with the HAPPY49 coupon today for 25$ total along with DS tantra 2. Been wanting to buy it since it came out, really excited!
Thanks for that heads up. Got the same. :party:

j-unit wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:45 pm Just got Silo with the HAPPY49 coupon today for 25$ total along with DS tantra 2. Been wanting to buy it since it came out, really excited!
That's a lot of creative potential with that combo, nice one.

Silo is so good. I frequently send files to my iPad and use them in Borderlands Granular- then send it back. I can get similar results with Silo now, love it. I just saw that HAPPY49 sale looks like it was extended thru the weekend, I already used the April voucher but tempted to pick up more Unfiltered. Already got Silo and SpecOps earlier this month… both are very cool.

I use silo all the time but one aspect about it that confuses me is it's pitch settings. It can randomise the pitch of the grains but you can either have it in unquantised Hertz or quantise to a chromatic scale. It seems to be missing any scale options, which is a shame as I think it would open up a lot of possibilities.

There is a free Emergence granular tool which isn't as powerful as silo except for that it allows pitch quantisation to specific notes. Emergence also made me appreciate more how well silo was designed when it comes to it's parameter ranges and modes (ratio/offset) that make silo a lot more intuitive to dial in. Don't get me wrong emergence is also great for what it is, especially for the price.

Question to Unfiltered Audio crew:

Is Silo still going to get updated at some point? Not talking about simple regular maintenance OS updates, but for new features & stuff? Are you accepting feature requests or Silo is pretty much done for you guys?

I love Silo, it's a very powerful granulator but I feel there's some missing features that Silo could greatly benefit, such as:
-Loop end&start points in the buffer to selection specific portion of the sample to granulate
-Pitch scale quantization
-Drag and drop sample in the buffer instead of only recording

Hope Silo will keep getting some love. But by looking at the other Unfiltered Audio plugins, I don't think we'll see new features soon, they don't seem to update their plugin catalog with new stuff and seem to stay pretty much as is once released....

Other than updates for operating system compatability, has UA upgraded any plugins? I've had their stuff, some for 3 years, and I don't recall any.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

LION has got some minor tweaks iirc...

for example softclip in output became optional
phase random became optional...

muki wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 pm LION has got some minor tweaks iirc...

Thanks for this, wasn't aware. I was under the impression that UA don't update their plugins with new features.

Neon Breath wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:18 am
muki wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 pm LION has got some minor tweaks iirc...

Thanks for this, wasn't aware. I was under the impression that UA don't update their plugins with new features.
I don't think they do really, minor tweaks as mentioned but not what i'd consider major new features. I certainly can't remember them adding, say, new algorithms to a plug as Valhalla has with vintageverb or something, maybe in the early days of sandman pro...?

Return to “Effects”