NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

So all of them are ready it seems! I'd forgotten that Reflector and Traktors 12 use Guitar Rig, so I installed them as well, see if that's working.

Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)

https://youtu.be/P_pdhW4ldVA?t=193

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 pm Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)
Yes, this was already known from the update leak- nothing but a new browser...apparently that a major point update in NI's world! I am quite happy that I don't feel remotely tempted to update this year, no FOMO at all!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I would've at least wished for a slight GUI overhaul but this looks exactly the same
SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm
Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:58 pm Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)
Yes, this was already known from the update leak- nothing but a new browser...apparently that a major point update in NI's world! I am quite happy that I don't feel remotely tempted to update this year, no FOMO at all!

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:17 pm I would've at least wished for a slight GUI overhaul but this looks exactly the same
I don't think many people will be paying to upgrade Kontakt on its own, calling a major update is a bit of a joke (as was the V6 upgrade TBH), but it's all about the power of the bundle, if people keep upgrading NI don't need to try too hard to code too much...just add more 'stuff' to the bundle and hope for the best.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?

VitaminD wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:28 am Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go

dayjob wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:02 am
VitaminD wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:28 am Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go
Where in those google results is the kontakt 7 factory demo?

VitaminD wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:12 am
here ya go
maybe try googling some more. or youtube or NI's site or sonic state.

it was just a smart ass suggestion. take it easy

also, the point is maybe there aren't kontakt 7 factory sound demos yet... but you won't know until you look.

dayjob wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:08 am
VitaminD wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:12 am
here ya go
maybe try googling some more. or youtube or NI's site or sonic state.

it was just a smart ass suggestion. take it easy

also, the point is maybe there aren't kontakt 7 factory sound demos yet... but you won't know until you look.
Take it easy? I just asked where you saw the info for which I was looking in the link you provided.

Yet you clearly assumed I didn't look, without asking to confirm.

But I did look and hadn't seen anything in my searches. Hence my question here to see if anyone had. I'm not sure why you had to behave like you did over a simple, innocuous question.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... mplete-14/ scroll down the page a bit to hear kontakt 7's new instruments / demos.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Nothing yet.

Komplete 14 is up on Best Service as a download only option; all types available. Might be a little cheaper to buy at Best Service in EUR if you can avoid VAT where you are. Looks like NI is ditching the boxed versions going forward.

No email from NI or anything in my account yet though. Thought automatic pre-order handling meant we would receive it as soon as it is September 27 in Germany. Guess they will press the magic button when they are in the office! Away from home, so can't get my hands on it until evening anyway.

I do think that browser could be very useful in practice. A lot depends on how good the integration of the non-player libraries are. If they present as the same as the player ones, I think that’s a major usability step forward.

I’m not getting this til the summer sale now. I can live.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

never mind

Return to “Instruments”