NI Komplete 14

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
machinesworking
KVRAF
4877 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:45 am

So all of them are ready it seems! I'd forgotten that Reflector and Traktors 12 use Guitar Rig, so I installed them as well, see if that's working.

Johnnyjohn
KVRist
38 posts since 29 Jun, 2021

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am

Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)

https://youtu.be/P_pdhW4ldVA?t=193

SLiC
KVRAF
9547 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:12 am

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)
Yes, this was already known from the update leak- nothing but a new browser...apparently that a major point update in NI's world! I am quite happy that I don't feel remotely tempted to update this year, no FOMO at all!
PC + S49, S1, BWS, Live+PUSH, FL Studio, Reason, X32 Desk, Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8, Argon8, Syntakt, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, EARE Touch, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

Johnnyjohn
KVRist
38 posts since 29 Jun, 2021

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:17 am

I would've at least wished for a slight GUI overhaul but this looks exactly the same
SLiC wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:12 am
Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)
Yes, this was already known from the update leak- nothing but a new browser...apparently that a major point update in NI's world! I am quite happy that I don't feel remotely tempted to update this year, no FOMO at all!

SLiC
KVRAF
9547 posts since 2 Dec, 2004 from North Wales

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:24 am

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:17 am I would've at least wished for a slight GUI overhaul but this looks exactly the same
I don't think many people will be paying to upgrade Kontakt on its own, calling a major update is a bit of a joke (as was the V6 upgrade TBH), but it's all about the power of the bundle, if people keep upgrading NI don't need to try too hard to code too much...just add more 'stuff' to the bundle and hope for the best.
PC + S49, S1, BWS, Live+PUSH, FL Studio, Reason, X32 Desk, Summit, Hydrasynth, Pro 3, P8, Argon8, Syntakt, MPC Live, Poly Tracker, Eurorack + OXI One, EARE Touch, TD27 V Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and Pedals (Zoia, Beebo)

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
9157 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm

Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?

dayjob
KVRAF
2342 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 pm

VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
9157 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm

dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 pm
VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go
Where in those google results is the kontakt 7 factory demo?

dayjob
KVRAF
2342 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:08 pm

VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 pm
VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go
Where in those google results is the kontakt 7 factory demo?
maybe try googling some more. or youtube or NI's site or sonic state.

it was just a smart ass suggestion. take it easy

also, the point is maybe there aren't kontakt 7 factory sound demos yet... but you won't know until you look.

VitaminD
Pick Me Pick me!
9157 posts since 12 Mar, 2002 from a state of confusion

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:33 pm

dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:08 pm
VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:12 pm
dayjob wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 pm
VitaminD wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:28 pm Have there been any sound demos from Kontakt 7's new factory library?
here ya go
Where in those google results is the kontakt 7 factory demo?
maybe try googling some more. or youtube or NI's site or sonic state.

it was just a smart ass suggestion. take it easy

also, the point is maybe there aren't kontakt 7 factory sound demos yet... but you won't know until you look.
Take it easy? I just asked where you saw the info for which I was looking in the link you provided.

Yet you clearly assumed I didn't look, without asking to confirm.

But I did look and hadn't seen anything in my searches. Hence my question here to see if anyone had. I'm not sure why you had to behave like you did over a simple, innocuous question.

trusampler
KVRAF
1612 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 pm

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/s ... mplete-14/ scroll down the page a bit to hear kontakt 7's new instruments / demos.
Cpu:Win10/Intel Core i9-10900K|Win11/Intel i9-12900K
Interface:Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core/UA Apollo Rack/SSL UF8+UC1
Synths: Sequential Prophet 10/Roland Juno 106+Juno X/Roland Fantom7/Deepmind 12/Korg OPsix/Akai Mpc

soulata
KVRAF
2858 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:36 pm

Nothing yet.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
5357 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Komplete 14 is up on Best Service as a download only option; all types available. Might be a little cheaper to buy at Best Service in EUR if you can avoid VAT where you are. Looks like NI is ditching the boxed versions going forward.

No email from NI or anything in my account yet though. Thought automatic pre-order handling meant we would receive it as soon as it is September 27 in Germany. Guess they will press the magic button when they are in the office! Away from home, so can't get my hands on it until evening anyway.

noiseboyuk
KVRAF
Topic Starter
4341 posts since 25 Jan, 2007

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:31 pm

Johnnyjohn wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:58 am Please don't tell me that's all what's new in K7 :? (around 3.18 min)
I do think that browser could be very useful in practice. A lot depends on how good the integration of the non-player libraries are. If they present as the same as the player ones, I think that’s a major usability step forward.

I’m not getting this til the summer sale now. I can live.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2021 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 12
MBP 2015 OSX 10.13.3 2.8ghz 16gb 1TB SSD

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
5357 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:26 pm

never mind

Return to “Instruments”