HINDER by INERTIA SOUND SYSTEMS RELEASED

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HINDER
User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 pm

TIMT wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:45 am This is a really nice BBD delay for something that isn't a full on circuit model. It sounds extremely close to my old Roland/Boss rackmount sampler delays in the "thickness" of the feedback loop and modulation of the delay line

One issue i am finding though is the wet dry and modulation depth knobs have really weird and almost useless scaling. The mod depth is comical at anything beyond a bit before 7 o'clock, and the wet dry seems to be almost all dry by about 5 o'clock on the knobs. What was the reasoning behind this cause it makes having a wet dry kind of pointless. Is it possible you could add some kind of button that makes mod depth more fine, so that there is more sweetspots in the lower part of its range? And just implement a regular equal power crossfade for wet dry?

Other than that, this is a very nice delay plugin
Hey TIMT,
Thank you for the feedback and for the detailed observations, we will take them in account in the upcoming updates!

Regarding modulation, it will be refined and expanded with further modes and functionality in future versions.
Regarding Wet/Dry curve, we thought to add more precision in the lower pert, since modules such as heat and compression can bring the wet sound to the front, easily.
We have been already started working on interconnecting all 'wet' related factors for a more streamlined experience in the future.

Again, thank you!
Cheers!

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
5293 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm

Are Inertia's products devoid of resizable GUI? I can't find any resize tool anywhere. Too bad if they dont resize - they are right kind of GUI for it!

wltchris101
KVRian
631 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm

Yeah, resizable GUIs should really be standard on all plugins now I think. I enquired about this over a year ago. Please make it so?

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 pm

plexuss wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm Are Inertia's products devoid of resizable GUI? I can't find any resize tool anywhere. Too bad if they dont resize - they are right kind of GUI for it!
Hello plexuss, we have started implementing it, new plugins and new major versions of the existing ones will have resizable UI
Thank you for your feedback!

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 pm

wltchris101 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm Yeah, resizable GUIs should really be standard on all plugins now I think. I enquired about this over a year ago. Please make it so?
wltchris101.
Will do! 8)

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
5293 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:15 pm

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 pm
plexuss wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm Are Inertia's products devoid of resizable GUI? I can't find any resize tool anywhere. Too bad if they dont resize - they are right kind of GUI for it!
Hello plexuss, we have started implementing it, new plugins and new major versions of the existing ones will have resizable UI
Thank you for your feedback!
Ok sounds good! I've been playing with your proucts and they are compelling. But on my 2560x1600 display they are too small to use for me without zooming in.

Also, FYI, the USD prices on Plugin Boutique for Granulizer 2 and Instinct do not reflect current exchange rates. Hinder is ok. I let PB know via thier support form.

wltchris101
KVRian
631 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Post Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:46 pm

InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 pm
wltchris101 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm Yeah, resizable GUIs should really be standard on all plugins now I think. I enquired about this over a year ago. Please make it so?
wltchris101.
Will do! 8)
Excellent news! I have and enjoy both Granulizer 2 and Instinct, but their GUIs are too small for me, so if you implement this it will definitely improve usability. I'm sure Hinder is just as good, but another delay is the last thing I need.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:01 am

plexuss wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:15 pm
InertiaSoundSystems wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:05 pm
plexuss wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:06 pm Are Inertia's products devoid of resizable GUI? I can't find any resize tool anywhere. Too bad if they dont resize - they are right kind of GUI for it!
Hello plexuss, we have started implementing it, new plugins and new major versions of the existing ones will have resizable UI
Thank you for your feedback!
Ok sounds good! I've been playing with your proucts and they are compelling. But on my 2560x1600 display they are too small to use for me without zooming in.

Also, FYI, the USD prices on Plugin Boutique for Granulizer 2 and Instinct do not reflect current exchange rates. Hinder is ok. I let PB know via thier support form.
Thank you! We will look into it!
Cheers!

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:47 am

HINDER is part of our newly introduced BUNDLES. Bundles are available at 30% discount all year round:

https://www.inertiasoundsystems.com/blo ... 5/bundles/

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
5293 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:26 pm

There are no prices or buy buttons. Odd....

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:37 am

plexuss wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:26 pm There are no prices or buy buttons. Odd....
You're not seeing these at each bundle's page?
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 7.37.12 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-26 at 7.36.53 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
5293 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:46 am

I either wasnt seeing it because it wasnt there or because I didnt see it.

Too fancy. The price is more effective when it's put near "buy" call to actions. The risk of not putting where users expect it is no sale. If you are ok with taking that risk, good on ya. @usabilityisdead

charlesalbert
KVRist
49 posts since 20 Apr, 2021

Post Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:07 am

@InertiaSoundSystems I see this: login to see if You qualify for a discount on the bundle.

I'm a long time users:-) I have already bought Granulizer 2 and Instinc but when I've made the login I see the full bundle price with no discount. Is it correct?

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
InertiaSoundSystems
KVRist
Topic Starter
255 posts since 9 Jan, 2017 from Athens, Greece

Post Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:23 am

charlesalbert wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:07 am @InertiaSoundSystems I see this: login to see if You qualify for a discount on the bundle.

I'm a long time users:-) I have already bought Granulizer 2 and Instinc but when I've made the login I see the full bundle price with no discount. Is it correct?

Thanks in advance.
The bundles have fixed 30% discount for all. If you already own GRANULIZER 2 & INSTINCT, there's no reason to choose the bundles.

Upgrade path discount have to do with individual product updates, ie. GRANULIZER 1 -> GRANULIZER 2, and in the future updates of GRANULIZER 3 etc.

Hope this clarifies things!

User avatar
Aiynzahev
KVRAF
3913 posts since 29 Jun, 2011 from USA

Post Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:11 am

I only tried this out today. My first impression from the release was it looks really good, I love the GUI, but there’s no special features over all the other delays I have.

But, I’ve been on a huge delay kick lately and so I thought I’d demo this. I have definitely changed my mind, it offers a very compelling reason to own it, it just comes down to how good it sounds and how nice it is to use.

I do have to echo above comments though about modulation depth needing recalibration, it’s just far too strong and difficult to add subtle mod amounts. Oh and great news on the GUI resize. Can’t wait. I don't know exactly what the reverse function is doing to give the result it does, but it's really cool!

A delay freeze button would be great too. And I like the name a lot, it's different.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Return to “Effects”