2022: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2022)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’m going to turn my 4u rack into mainly a beat sequencing rack and one thing I was missing is a straight step sequencer. This Robaux LL8 popped up on eBay at a reasonable price so have added it to the armoury
and now just ordered a cheap built Grids clone from Pusherman.

My booming, thudding, crashing, clicking cup runneth over.

A mini splurge thanks to finally getting back the money the finance dept at my work mistakenly took out of my pay last month.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

This popped up on eBay for not much money and intrigued me, looked a little like a very cut down Vermona Melodicer. Thinking I may be able to team this with the LL8 and my quantiser to generate basslines.

Are you safe?

Not thrilling, but I ordered a pair of Musician's Practice Gloves. Instead of building up calluses from playing the Miezo I get this weird irritating sore spot. Some combination of the playing angle, the thicker low B string, round wounds, my nickel allergy...?

Peradam is out for delivery today -- nice and quick!

Final splurge item. Cash converters were selling a Korg Wavestate for £350 and I couldn’t resist, ended up dipping into money I’d set aside for Black Friday, but think it’ll be a fun machine

Are you safe?

foosnark wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:19 pm Not thrilling, but I ordered a pair of Musician's Practice Gloves. Instead of building up calluses from playing the Miezo I get this weird irritating sore spot. Some combination of the playing angle, the thicker low B string, round wounds, my nickel allergy...?

Peradam is out for delivery today -- nice and quick!
Didn’t know those existed! I’m gonna have to pick some up. Earlier this year I had some unusual nerve/joint pain in my fingers and I had to put off playing. Calluses are gone and the practice routine is messed up. This could help if I can practice to rebuild strength/agility before waiting to redevelop calluses. I’m not a good guitarist but I like playing.

them-whatdon'tknowme wrote:Don't you already have more delays than King Tubby?
Me wrote: ... don't be a dumb ass
:D :hyper: I <3 D..e.e.e.e-La.a.a.ays ... Just pre-ordered this:

QU-Bit Nautilus.jpg
There are a number of audio demos at the link below the copy. :tu:
QU-Bit wrote:Nautilus is a complex delay network inspired by sub-nautical communications and their interaction with the environment. In essence, Nautilus is a stereo delay consisting of 8 unique delay lines which can be connected and synced in interesting ways. Each time Nautilus pings its sonar system, the generated topography reveals itself through the delay, all while staying in time with the internal or external clock. Complex feedback interactions plunge sounds to new depths, while related delay lines pull fragments of sound in different directions. Manipulate the delay lines even further by configuring the the stereo receptors, sonar frequencies, and aquatic materials that filter the space between Nautilus and its surroundings.

Though Nautilus is a delay effect at heart, it is also a CV/Gate generator. The Sonar Output creates either a unique Gate signal, or a unique CV signal algorithmically generated from Nautilus’s findings. Drive other parts of your patch with pings from the delay network, or use the generated topography as a modulation source.

From the deep ocean trenches, to shimmering tropical reefs, Nautilus is the ultimate exploratory delay network.

Stereo Sub-Nautical Delay Processor

Ultra low noise floor

8 codependent delay lines with up to 20 seconds of audio each

Fade, Doppler and Shimmer delay modes

Sonar configurable CV/Gate output

Pre-Orders are now open, shipping October 6, 2022!

With 8 delay lines - 4 per stereo channel - to play with, Nautilus builds ever evolving delays. Create stereo trills, bouncy ball delays, and polyrhythmic movements with the core system of the Nautilus delay network.

Sensors - controls the amount of delay lines available for Nautilus to use.

Dispersal - adjusts the spacing between the delays, creating complex rhythms in sync with the internal or external clock.
https://www.qubitelectronix.com/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:31 pm
them-whatdon'tknowme wrote:Don't you already have more delays than King Tubby?
Me wrote: ... don't be a dumb ass
:D :hyper: I <3 D..e.e.e.e-La.a.a.ays ... Just pre-ordered this:

QU-Bit Nautilus.jpg

There are a number of audio demos at the link below the copy. :tu:
QU-Bit wrote:Nautilus is a complex delay network inspired by sub-nautical communications and their interaction with the environment. In essence, Nautilus is a stereo delay consisting of 8 unique delay lines which can be connected and synced in interesting ways. Each time Nautilus pings its sonar system, the generated topography reveals itself through the delay, all while staying in time with the internal or external clock. Complex feedback interactions plunge sounds to new depths, while related delay lines pull fragments of sound in different directions. Manipulate the delay lines even further by configuring the the stereo receptors, sonar frequencies, and aquatic materials that filter the space between Nautilus and its surroundings.

Though Nautilus is a delay effect at heart, it is also a CV/Gate generator. The Sonar Output creates either a unique Gate signal, or a unique CV signal algorithmically generated from Nautilus’s findings. Drive other parts of your patch with pings from the delay network, or use the generated topography as a modulation source.

From the deep ocean trenches, to shimmering tropical reefs, Nautilus is the ultimate exploratory delay network.

Stereo Sub-Nautical Delay Processor

Ultra low noise floor

8 codependent delay lines with up to 20 seconds of audio each

Fade, Doppler and Shimmer delay modes

Sonar configurable CV/Gate output

Pre-Orders are now open, shipping October 6, 2022!

With 8 delay lines - 4 per stereo channel - to play with, Nautilus builds ever evolving delays. Create stereo trills, bouncy ball delays, and polyrhythmic movements with the core system of the Nautilus delay network.

Sensors - controls the amount of delay lines available for Nautilus to use.

Dispersal - adjusts the spacing between the delays, creating complex rhythms in sync with the internal or external clock.
https://www.qubitelectronix.com/
Definite eye candy. Interesting with 8 delay lines. I was hoping to hear some feedback in the demos. They played it a bit too safe for the effects demos, but I get the idea.

I’m a sucker for nautically themed things and a portion of sales go to Surfrider foundation, which is really cool!
It looks and sounds very cool but I’ve been using my eurorack modular less and less lately… maybe I’ll swap out my Prism for this one. Hmmm…

I have been considering getting a matrix mixer. I would be able to connect everything together at the same time.
For instance, I have connected the Swarms out to the Pro3 in and sequenced both from the Pro3 but with a matrix mixer I would be able to have a signal go to one or more effects in parallel. It is also great blending monophonic synths.
The loopop video on this used a matrix mixer that had 1/8 inputs and I wouldn't like that at all however so I don't know what I would get or what the final setup would look like.

Nautilus does look sexy! But it reminded me how many delays I have already between Eurorack and VST land... I'm not sure I can justify another one.

Constructed Identity wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:00 pm The loopop video on this used a matrix mixer that had 1/8 inputs and I wouldn't like that at all however so I don't know what I would get or what the final setup would look like.
Pladsk Matrise or Herbs and Stones’ Pathways have 1/4” i/o. I usually prefer to use a small mixer with 4 or more sends, for effect distribution, like that.

Cosmotronic Peradam is pretty cool. It makes me think more of a wavefolder/waveshaper than a typical distortion, in that it works great with sines or triangles and kind of sounds West Coastish at times. There's plenty of control, so you can be subtle with it if you want, or drive it into squarewaves or go bonkers with the feedback. You can also modulate with audio signals or inject them, to f**k shit up in a very polite manner or go nuclear.

The Antumbra Grids clone arrived, but I can't work out if it's faulty or I'm just using it wrong. There doesn't appear to be a manual for it and they just point to the actual MI Grids manual, but the button and input/output layout is utterly different.

The annoying thing is I can seem to get the lights on the three channels to throb in the manner I'd expect for the algorithm for kick, snare and hats, but can't seem to get an output trigger that matches the lights.

Bit baffling.

Edit: Turns out neither my normal use envelope generator (Behringer System 100 140) nor the Bitbox Micro are responding to the triggers sent from Grids properly, only one in a blue moon gets noticed. When I ran the Grids output into Boots and Cats on the Ornament and Crime (a horrible sounding 8 bit Kick and Snare emulator) it worked fine.
Seems if I use O&C to turn the Grids trigger into a very short gate via O&C using Hemispheres's ADSR EG app it works fine as a trigger so I guess that'll do for now, but not ideal. Long term solution may be to try and find some alt firmware for the Grids.

Are you safe?

Apparently there’s new Elektron firmware that finally adds a song mode so you can chain patterns on Digitakt, Digitone and Syntakt.
https://youtu.be/ndRuOGtBWCg

Are you safe?

C1094D4D-3F71-459B-9300-CB15A9E6F456.jpeg
This followed me home today and I’m keeping it :wheee: :wheee: :wheee:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”