MuLab 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering...is anyone using MuLab 9?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lwut2ivg8

Many users. Check out Jo's Mutools forum here on KVR.

Just bought the upgrade <3

jonljacobi wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:10 pm Many users. Check out Jo's Mutools forum here on KVR.
Okay...just wondering because I don't see it talked about much here.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 pm I will buy it when he implements a simple sidechaining method. Until then it's a no from me.
Can't you use KickStart or LFO Tool?

tony10000 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:22 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:08 pm I will buy it when he implements a simple sidechaining method. Until then it's a no from me.
Can't you use KickStart or LFO Tool?
MuLab has a Sidechain Compressor module (and a Ducker) that you can route in the modular area.
There are a couple of online videos showing how to sidechain in MuLab using that module.

This MuTools thread explains sidechaining: viewtopic.php?p=8334136&hilit=sidechain#p8334136

This MuTools thread shows a very clear sidechain routing: viewtopic.php?p=8393087&hilit=sidechain#p8393087
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The racks are only there as simplified workflows in place of the modular work area that's Mulab's strength.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 am
tony10000 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:22 pmCan't you use KickStart or LFO Tool?
The default number of slots on a rack is just 6 and one of those is taken up by the synth, so often I'll need to add another rack and route the audio to it. If you have a full effects rack you can't reorder the effects, you can only do it if there's an empty slot in the rack to drag an effect on to. Or another way is to add another rack, drag one plugin to the new rack, reorder the plugin you want to move inside the original rack, then drag back the plugin from the spare rack. Clicking an empty slot in the rack to add another VST effect always opens up the list of synths first which you either have to scroll past or minimise to get to the effects.
Exactly the reasons I haven't bought it back then. And wow, it is still has these inconveniences.

Igro wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:23 pm
Vortifex wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:47 am
tony10000 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:22 pmCan't you use KickStart or LFO Tool?
The default number of slots on a rack is just 6 and one of those is taken up by the synth, so often I'll need to add another rack and route the audio to it. If you have a full effects rack you can't reorder the effects, you can only do it if there's an empty slot in the rack to drag an effect on to. Or another way is to add another rack, drag one plugin to the new rack, reorder the plugin you want to move inside the original rack, then drag back the plugin from the spare rack. Clicking an empty slot in the rack to add another VST effect always opens up the list of synths first which you either have to scroll past or minimise to get to the effects.
Exactly the reasons I haven't bought it back then. And wow, it is still has these inconveniences.
I have been using it with multiple instances of PlugInGuru Unify as a creative playground. Works really well and Unify has its its own effects chains and a pretty amazing library of "Unified" instruments, so it is a great combo!

If you are regularly maxing out 5 or 6 fx slots on a track, it's probably time to take a long, hard look at your fx usage. ;)
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 am If you are regularly maxing out 5 or 6 fx slots on a track, it's probably time to take a long, hard look at your fx usage. ;)
You are right. The less is more sometimes. But I do use some analytical plugins too.

Igro wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 am
syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 am If you are regularly maxing out 5 or 6 fx slots on a track, it's probably time to take a long, hard look at your fx usage. ;)
You are right. The less is more sometimes. But I do use some analytical plugins too.
Blue Cat Patchwork is a good solution for that...

Igro wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 am
I usually put those on the master track and just solo. Like full FFT displays that I use when the basic ones in the EQs are just not detailed enough, or pitch detectors, etc.

When I first started, I used to use tons of plugins, like 5 ot 6 per track. It was a total mess and I had to learn to do far better in my recording chain as well as sound selection using virtual instruments (less effected). Once I got into automation and bussing, things just started clicking.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”