Which was your first plugin ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not a plugin, but I remember something like VAZ synth. Was the first piece of audio software I got on my PC back in the late 90s, early '00. Instant love

ISTR it was either Linplug Alpha or Synth1; I forget, because 2002 was a long time ago. Great beginner synths!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

gearwatcher wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:28 am A lot of people still use their DAWs not for audio recording but to MIDI sequence virtual plugins.

I disagree that the line is drawn with ability to record audio. Software sequencers were very much the center of most work in studios that used them, and it's no wonder that the other central bit, the mixing desk, got MIDI automation fairly soon after automated faders became affordable enough for small studios.
Granted, Midi was and still is important. But instrument plugins did not appear before the sequencers were able to record audio!
The first affordable mixer with automated faders I recall was a Yamaha, even digital, Mixer which was terribly noisy…
But what I wanted to point at, is that all this did not start on C64s or Ataris in the home studio…

DJErmac wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:34 pm
heyheycnv wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:04 pm The first reverb I recall using all the time and for years was Kjaerhus.
I also used his plugins at the time.

And now I deleted them all and never want to hear about them again.
In case you’re not aware...
3d328a520041cd1c3ef0eabe5a6435bb.png
same. what a sick bastard!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Fairly new to the scene so my first plugin was the Arturia Mini V3 that came with the minilab. Enjoying learning about how everything works!

Return to “Effects”