MuLab 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry guys... I cannot believe what you are writing here...

If you don´t know the programm then please stop to blame it for nonsense... Patchwork and other subhosts?? What for??

Did you ever heard about the Mux Modular plugin in the "Module > Other" section of Mulab which gives you a complete modular playground inside of the i.e. mixer track which works of course as well as a plugin chainer...??

Just insert a Mux Modular in the first available insert or route it in the modular tab of Mulab and you can insert thousands of plugins in serial...in parallel with unlimited modulation as well for 3rd party plugins... with sidechaining or not...into a single processing chain/Mixer track...

Mulab isn´t your convential DAW with a fixed "insert slot" architecture ... it´s a modular enviroment with unlimited possibilities...

No, that is inconvenient.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:28 pm
Trancit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:55 pmDid you ever heard about the Mux Modular plugin in the "Module > Other" section of Mulab which gives you a complete modular playground inside of the i.e. mixer track which works of course as well as a plugin chainer...??

Just insert a Mux Modular in the first available insert or route it in the modular tab of Mulab and you can insert thousands of plugins in serial...in parallel with unlimited modulation as well for 3rd party plugins... with sidechaining or not...into a single processing chain/Mixer track...
Yeah, so what? FL Studio has the Patcher which does pretty much the same thing. It doesn't invalidate comparisons with other DAWs.
1. MuLab isn´t really comparable to other DAWs... it has it´s own way how things are working...
2. Patcher does perhaps 1% of what Mux Modular allows you to do...
3. You were whining there wouldn´t be enough insert slots for your excessive processing what electronic genres would need...

How can you whine about not having enough fx slots if you can insert as much as your CPU can handle into a single insert slot??

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony10000 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:09 am
Igro wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 am
syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 am If you are regularly maxing out 5 or 6 fx slots on a track, it's probably time to take a long, hard look at your fx usage. ;)
You are right. The less is more sometimes. But I do use some analytical plugins too.
Blue Cat Patchwork is a good solution for that...
It is, for hosts that dont have something like Patchwork already built-in. But MuLab does.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Vortifex wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:08 pm I think you have perceived a fairly minor criticism as an enormous insult against your person. Untwist your knickers and get some fresh air.
This you misinterpreted a bit... just stop telling nonsense about a programm you obviously don´t know well enough to judge! :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:18 pm
tony10000 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:09 am
Igro wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 am
syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:10 am If you are regularly maxing out 5 or 6 fx slots on a track, it's probably time to take a long, hard look at your fx usage. ;)
You are right. The less is more sometimes. But I do use some analytical plugins too.
Blue Cat Patchwork is a good solution for that...
It is, for hosts that dont have something like Patchwork already built-in. But MuLab does.
Just one case I can imagine to use Patchwork in Mulab: as a VST3 host... 8)

Trancit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 pm Just one case I can imagine to use Patchwork in Mulab: as a VST3 host... 8)
If you've got Patchwork, use it for that, then. But despite having Bidule, and DDMF Metaplugin, which both will also do it, there's a transparent and free solution that I prefer; the free xlutop tools.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

In Mulab, you can use the built-in modular to create your own effect chains and expose the needed parameters in a single panel. So, I stand by my statement.

I'm still trying to think of a case where I'd need more than 6 slots. VI, conpressor, EQ, flanger, delay, reverb...? I'd really like to see one of your monster chains.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

whyterabbyt wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 pm
Trancit wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:19 pm Just one case I can imagine to use Patchwork in Mulab: as a VST3 host... 8)
If you've got Patchwork, use it for that, then. But despite having Bidule, and DDMF Metaplugin, which both will also do it, there's a transparent and free solution that I prefer; the free xlutop tools.
Good to know, thx! :tu:

syntonica wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:37 pm In Mulab, you can use the built-in modular to create your own effect chains and expose the needed parameters in a single panel. So, I stand by my statement.

I'm still trying to think of a case where I'd need more than 6 slots. VI, conpressor, EQ, flanger, delay, reverb...? I'd really like to see one of your monster chains.
This doesn´t have to be monster chains...

Often it´s a good idea to split the workload onto i.e. 3 or 4 compressors instead of letting one working under heavy load...
Many people like to use i.e. multiple EQ´s before and after other processes...
So the limit of 6 plugins in a chain can be hit quite easily... nonetheless that´s what the modular enviroment is absolutely great for...

I often put 3 compressors in a chain and see which works the best. Same with other plugins (reverb, distortions etc).

You can nest racks, of course. Image So if you want to group your compressor stack, you can - and without taking up a lot of space.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”