Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

xbitz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm ^^^ wouldn't say, based on the top voted https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... sort=votes requests many users will be happy
They did quite a few of them. If anything, I wish the requests people are making were less pedestrian. Presonus seems to be a good job of listening to users but users aren't making big requests.

simmo75 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:11 pm I bought the 5-6 upgrade and its given me a 5 license :(
I'll fix it now.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:16 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm ^^^ wouldn't say, based on the top voted https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... sort=votes requests many users will be happy
They did quite a few of them. If anything, I wish the requests people are making were less pedestrian. Presonus seems to be a good job of listening to users but users aren't making big requests.
I think that’s the issue, it’s an update of lots of little tweaks with no headline new feature(s), it would be a great 0.5 update.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm So you know me huh ?
I'm a fan of your posts and it seems to me that Bitwig is a better fit for you than Studio One.

Overall this S6 release was underwhelming to me in terms of newly added features. I may at some point upgrade from S5 to S6 but I certainly don't see S6 in its current state replacing Nuendo 12 as my primary DAW.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pm I think that’s the issue, it’s an update of lots of little tweaks with no headline new feature(s), it would be a great 0.5 update.
It bothers me that Presonus doesn't take more advantage of their MFX. They could use it to completely change the sound of Studio One without alienating fans of the current sound, which is something most DAW makers can't easily do.

Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:26 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm So you know me huh ?
I'm a fan of your posts and it seems to me that Bitwig is a better fit for you than Studio One.
Nah , my weapons of choice are renoise , reaktor, supercollider and loomer architect , studio one when I put on my more traditional hat.
No need for bitwig, demoed it but the grid is too limited for me and didn’t like the overall sound of the modules .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Bought the upgrade from Thomann for £130 :)

I was planning on buying fabfilter Pro Q3 for £110, so considering the new Presonus EQ seems to include features I had wanted, it's all worked out.

Would someone be willing to create a new thread for the actual Studio One 6 release discussion rather than just adding to the speculation threads, one of which is months and months old. Would probably be a good idea to start fresh. I'd do it, but I'd want to find the copy for the press release and format it and just don't have the time for anything that detailed ATM.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:05 pm Would someone be willing to create a new thread for the actual Studio One 6 release discussion rather than just adding to the speculation threads, one of which is months and months old. Would probably be a good idea to start fresh. I'd do it, but I'd want to find the copy for the press release and format it and just don't have the time for anything that detailed ATM.
viewtopic.php?t=587386

Let me know if I should add anything

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:45 pm Nah , my weapons of choice are renoise , reaktor, supercollider and loomer architect , studio one when I put on my more traditional hat.
That's similar to how I use Studio One. I wouldn't use it on its own but it's perfect for me when augmented with other sequencers. The things I need it for are quick and readily available. But that's also why I'm not worried about new features (I'm still on V4).

Att JRR better to use GROUP for a better price.

Studio One 6.0 Reference Manual and more
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studio-One/downloads

Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:16 pm
The number #1 request is custom colours. Do you know if that's finally been addressed? I didn't see anything to indicate an expanded colour palette.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

The initial Studio One 6 release adds the following new features and improvements:

Recording and Mixing
* Fader Flip for FX Sends and Cue Mixes
* Pop-up faders for FX and CueMix Sends
* Link option for Bus/FX panning
* Alternative panning modes for channel panner
* New Channel Overview
* Sends on FX Channels
* Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments
* Extended side-chain routing options
* Micro view controls for 3rd party plug-ins
* Track Presets
* Paste copied channel to multiple destinations
* Track/Channel Icons
* Channel visibility filters
* Support for sample rates up to 786 kHz
* Target Loudness option for Export Mixdown

Arrangement and Editing
* Global Lyrics Track
* Lyrics support in Note Editor
* Lyrics Window
* Spot option for Events

Live Performance
* Lyrics Track on Show Page

Video
* Global Video Track
* Basic video editing
* Audio sub-track and channel
* Extended video export options
* Apply video frame rate to song

Plug-ins and Instruments
* De-esser
* Vocoder
* ProEQ3
* Autofilter improvements
* Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments
* Note Controller support for Mai Tai, Sample One XT and Presence XT

Browser
* Custom Preset folders
* Preset Favorites
* Improved search

General
* New look and feel
* Updated Start Page with custom folders
* Artist Profile Presets
* New document workflow with Smart Templates
* Customizable user interface
* Consolidated Installation window
* Korean language support and localization

Sharing and Collaboration
* Offline collaboration with document sync

Known Issues
* Adding the first Event FX plug-in via drag&drop fails. Use the popup plug-in menu to add
the first plug-in. Additional plug-ins may be added via drag&drop as well.
* Lyrics Editor cannot display Asian characters correctly. Please use the Lyrics Events for
editing instead.
* Non-Latin characters used in Event or Track names may cause display errors when the
song is shared via the new collaboration feature. Make sure to use Latin characters
instead.
* Studio One 6 no longer supports ReWire. Development and support was ended by
Reason Studios in 2020, and while ReWire may still be usable in Studio One 5 and earlier,
we cannot guarantee that it will work as expected since the technology is no longer
updated.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”