Studio One 6 - Something is afoot (For realz this time)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tonedef71 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:22 pm * Improved search
Are there any more details on this? Finally, boolean search or also finding folders/subfolders (not just files), any chance?

willstuder wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:47 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:22 pm * Improved search
Are there any more details on this? Finally, boolean search or also finding folders/subfolders (not just files), any chance?
I'm afraid not. Feel free to join me as I peer through the nifty online manual for Studio One 6.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

GUI facelift (rounder icons and better fonts), console improvements (panning modes, sends on FX channels), lyric track and track presets are good additions to version 6, I don't care about the rest.
I don' t think it's worth $159 for the upgrade from 5 Pro to 6 Pro though, I'll wait for a sale.
Can anybody tell me what's the lowest upgrade price you have ever seen, for instance on Black Friday? Hope it gets under $100. Then I'll upgrade.

This close to release, I’m guessing the first time it goes on sale will be 30% off.

Well I think it's a rockin' release actually, and for $109 and change, bargain. Best Service with Bestcoinage.

Sorry Uncle E :shrug:
Say NO to CLAP!

Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:31 pm It bothers me that Presonus doesn't take more advantage of their MFX. They could use it to completely change the sound of Studio One without alienating fans of the current sound, which is something most DAW makers can't easily do.
Yes indeed :tu: , I vote you for Team Leader, get it done. (MFX, you are talking about Mix Engine FX?)
Say NO to CLAP!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:16 pm
Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:06 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:04 pm What a dissapointing update . :lol:
Nah, it's just not made for guys like you who want heavy EDM tweaking. You should be using Bitwig.
It’s a fairly sparse update whatever type of music you make for the upgrade cost (especially from 5.5) but will no doubt be worth it to some.
It's not the heaviest upgrade I've seen, but it will probably be useful (and for me worth the money, I think.) I'm not happy that Studio One 6 does not recognize "lift" in MPE (the techies did not even realize this when I originally asked them about this), but I do get that "lift" is (I'm sure) the least used dimension in MPE.

Those who do work in video I'm sure will like the inclusion of the video lane.

And, as usual, everyone's mileage will vary with this upgrade.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

One of the announced improvements of Studio One 6 ("Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments") may now unlock a feature of the Krotos Concept virtual instrument which was not possible before with Studio One (or FL Studio).

SIDENOTE: Version 21 of FL Studio is imminent, and perhaps it too will gain this feature (so that it will not remain the only popular DAW with the distinction of not supporting audio input into a virtual instrument plugin).
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

summer2000 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:27 pm Overall this S6 release was underwhelming to me in terms of newly added features. I may at some point upgrade from S5 to S6 but I certainly don't see S6 in its current state replacing Nuendo 12 as my primary DAW.
For anyone else wondering the same, it looks like we still have double click audio files in the browser to preview. I looked it up in the Studio One 6 online manual. Bummer because I was really hoping they'd addressed this by now.

That being said, I just finished watching a YouTube video about the new track templates in S6. I really like how the track presets retain all settings right down to sends and bus routings. The routing recall is a one up on Cubase which it presently cannot save. I may end upgrading to S6 sooner than later for that feature alone. I also like the new GUI customization options as well. Trying to find the cheapest place to purchase the upgrade. I think JRR using the "group" discount code might be my best bet.
Mac Studio M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 64GB RAM, 4TB SSD | Logic Pro 10.7.5 | Cubase Pro 12 | Nuendo 12 | Studio One 6 | Seagate 8TB external HDD | Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen | Akai MPK261 | Akai MPC X

tonedef71 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:32 pm One of the announced improvements of Studio One 6 ("Side-chain audio input for virtual instruments") may now unlock a feature of the Krotos Concept virtual instrument which was not possible before with Studio One (or FL Studio).

SIDENOTE: Version 21 of FL Studio is imminent, and perhaps it too will gain this feature (so that it will not remain the only popular DAW with the distinction of not supporting audio input into a virtual instrument plugin).
I suppose FL Studio 20 will run as a VSTi but not a VSTfx in Studio One 6.
Bu then FL Studio 21 when released may also runs as VSTfx.
We will have to wait and see.

For me I may run FLS 21 in S1 6 as a VSTi.
Will drag and drop work between these two DAW's?

IS there a changelog available for Studio One 6?

Kalamata Kid wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:03 am IS there a changelog available for Studio One 6?
Yes. That is what I posted previously.

Thanks
How did I miss it? :oops:
(I did search for "changelog")
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:07 pmYeah, rather disappointing. They seemed to focus basically in minor workflow tweaks this time.
That's what you do when you have a mature, full-featured product aimed at professionals. That is certainly the stuff that would, generally, tempt me to upgrade.
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:16 pmIt’s a fairly sparse update whatever type of music you make for the upgrade cost (especially from 5.5) but will no doubt be worth it to some.
Yeah, it's the cost that kills it for me. It doesn't look like any of the new stuff is going into Artist, either, so I won't even need to worry about upgrading.
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:21 pmI think that’s the issue, it’s an update of lots of little tweaks with no headline new feature(s), it would be a great 0.5 update.
That's basically what it is and, I suppose, you have to factor in all the 6.x updates you will get for free. The problem is that I am already perfectly happy with the version I have, so paying $150 just to be up to date makes no sense at all and was always going to be a hard sell.
xbitz wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:09 pm ^^^ wouldn't say, based on the top voted https://answers.presonus.com/questions/ ... sort=votes requests many users will be happy
When your no. 1 feature request is for more pretty colours and a Linux port is in your top 10, you have to think that there is not much wrong with your product.
Uncle E wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:31 pmIt bothers me that Presonus doesn't take more advantage of their MFX. They could use it to completely change the sound of Studio One without alienating fans of the current sound, which is something most DAW makers can't easily do.
MFX ?
summer2000 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:54 pmFor anyone else wondering the same, it looks like we still have double click audio files in the browser to preview.
Just press play in the browser and any/every sample you click on will autoplay.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:11 am Yeah, it's the cost that kills it for me. It doesn't look like any of the new stuff is going into Artist, either, so I won't even need to worry about upgrading.
I thought of you when Joe showed off the Customization Editor. That's really what you needed. You should sell your Artist version and use the money to upgrade your Pro to version 6.

Then just use the Customization Editor to hide all the stuff you don't want to see.
Last edited by jamcat on Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”